PDA

View Full Version : Come play Narayan

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
This started as an attempt to model an age from Myst III: Exile in 3DS MAX. Narayan seemed to be a good choice because it wasn't too big. I soon realized that modelling is very difficult. You'll discover my untextured blocky models when you play, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun playing it.

Download Narayan here (visit website) (http://home.cwru.edu/~dpf4/narayan)

I actually had this completed about four years ago, but the game was about 50 megs in size and I programmed the html in Word. I have made every effort to compress the movies and sound without losing quality. It's 17.6 MB compressed.

Well, have fun, I'll appreciate your comments and criticisms. You can post here if you get stuck (it's really very easy...)

Dan

ZeldaLord
10-16-2005, 06:57 PM
No, we don't want to play your game. If it was really that good, you wouldn't need to spam on forums to get people to play it. :mad:

vegeta1215
10-16-2005, 07:36 PM
For the sake of conversation, I'm going to keep this thread open. Also, advertising a fan game is not nearly as bad as advertising another forum. This is all of course unless a higher-up deems a change in necessary.

btw, ZeldaLord, if you don't have something nice to say, keep it to yourself or use the "Report this post" button if you think something is wrong. Posts like yours do nothing to help the atmosphere of this forum.

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Sorry if you think that this is spam, I made the game for everyone to enjoy. If you're not interested, then you don't have to play it. I mean, gee, it's free entertainment. I wouldn't complain. Especially since people make all kinds of zelda quests to download on this site. This is the generic games forum, right? If you have links to games you made, I'd want to know.

Peace

ZeldaLord
10-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry. :( You initially gave me the impression that you were another one of those people who just signs up to advertise your site & forums/game.

And you're right, I did come across as pretty hypocritical there. I might download it. :)

Dan Furst
10-17-2005, 03:01 AM
I appreciate and accept your apology. :) No worries.