PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Monopoly

Dechipher
10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok, I know these things are like one in a billion, buuuuuut, does anyone have any McDonalds Monopoly pieces? I am specifically looking for Boardwalk (dark Blue) or Piece 5012 (Dark Red) .
If you get me either I will buy you an iPod. Promise.

Any help is appreciated.

Glitch
10-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Chances are those 2 pieces are the "rare" pieces of the set. So if they had them I doubt they will hand em over :)

Tygore
10-16-2005, 07:21 PM
McDonalds is doing monopoly again? Well, I'm going to get fat now. The dang game always pulls me in.

Dechipher
10-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Chances are those 2 pieces are the "rare" pieces of the set. So if they had them I bought they will hand em over :)

I doubt they will too. There's always the chance that some pieces are regionally rare. It certainly couldn't hurt to ask, in any case.

Toolie
10-16-2005, 07:40 PM
You want me to hand over my piece you need to win a million or so dollars for me to receive an iPod in return? You're going to have to put a better offer on the table if you're expecting anything out of this. You couldn't even ask for half of the prize, seeing as how you have the common piece and are looking for the rare one.

Good luck though, I'm sure that some lucky gullable tool might actually agree.

Dechipher
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Actually, the one I'm talking about is the 30k at Best Buy, but eh, it's all the same.

The way I see it, I have absolutely nothing to lose by asking around and whatnot. The iPod wasn't really a serious thing. I mean, I would buy it, but it's not to persuade anyone to give it to me. Hypothetically, I could have the rare piece and be looking for the common piece. This is the first time I've played the game, so I'm not sure how often these pieces appear.

You never know...

Cloral
10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
They decide in advance how many of each prize they want to give out. They then choose one property in each set and only give out as many of that piece as they want to award prizes. The rest of them are common and easily obtainable. So the fact that you might be one property short of a few prizes really means nothing.

Dechipher
10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I know that. I was saying that I'm not yet sure which piece is the rare piece and which two are the more common pieces.

zoraking
10-16-2005, 09:52 PM
I think it would be wised just to look for them yourself. They probably only printed 10 Boardwalks and only 100 5012's. Besides, someone would just cash the prize anyway.

Machiavelli
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
I went to McDonalds on Friday with friends and we all got value meals. I won free medium fries with one piece and gave the other piece to a friend. I didn't check what it was, though. I don't really play those things but two of my friends are and they said they were gonna put their pieces together and split if they win. Maybe you should try that. Good luck.

Master Ghaleon
10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
I got only 2 peices, one was a free cheeseburger and St James place i think

Some Kinda Hate
10-17-2005, 01:17 AM
I went to McDonalds on Friday with friends and we all got value meals. I won free medium fries with one piece and gave the other piece to a friend. I didn't check what it was, though. I don't really play those things but two of my friends are and they said they were gonna put their pieces together and split if they win. Maybe you should try that. Good luck.

I better get something out of this because if it werent for me he wouldnt have these pieces in the first place. :p

Lilith
10-17-2005, 05:02 AM
I have both of them but I require a harem of Russian mail-order brides and some snuggly kittens in exchange for them. Haha jk, but if I won a million dollars I would so get that.

Starkist
10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
If I won a million dollars, you folks would probably be the last to know. No offense, of course.

Master Ghaleon
10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
If I won a million dollars, you folks would probably be the last to know. No offense, of course.

I would let everyone here know that I won a million dollars ;) I would take a pic of me swimming in my money and post it

MottZilla
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
The thing is, these days a million dollars isn't all that much money. I'd like to win the PowerBall Jackpot, it's over 300$ million. After taxes with a lump sum payout you still get quite a chunk.

Anyways, ick McDonalds. Their food sucks. Their fries used to be good though, but now unless they salt them they suck ass. That's why they do those promotions, to get people to eat their low grade dingo meat burgers. If you want to go out to eat, eat somewhere good, like Steak N' Shake.

Master Ghaleon
10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
, eat somewhere good, like Steak N' Shake.

I dont think we got one around here

Dechipher
10-20-2005, 12:51 AM
I dont think we got one around here

Yes, we also do not have one.

MottZilla
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Ok then, eat almost ANYWHERE else. McDonalds is horrible. ;p

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
10-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Subway > j00

I still like McDonalds though.

Goat
10-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Steak & Shake does rock. Rally's are also nut your pants good. My favorite is Wendys tho, I remember playing the monopoly game when i was younger, i was always one piece away from everything. And just to round my post off and hit every topic that was discussed here, if I had a million dollars, you gusy would never see me again, Id buy a giant underground house, my very own masamune (the member not teh sword) and a puppy.

Zelda_Warrior
10-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Hehe, I have boarkwalk...

I also got Marvin Gardens, but that's the only pieces i got.

There's no steak and shake where i live, but there's a checkers and their fries are 10x better than mcdonalds fires. There used to be a steak and shake though.

Dechipher
10-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Hehe, I have boarkwalk...

I also got Marvin Gardens, but that's the only pieces i got.

There's no steak and shake where i live, but there's a checkers and their fries are 10x better than mcdonalds fires. There used to be a steak and shake though.

I f you honestly have boardwalk I'll split a million dollars with you....
Cause I got park place, buddy...
Kinda..

MottZilla
10-21-2005, 03:01 AM
You realize the Feds get something like a third of your winning in taxes. So that million dollar prize is easily cut down, then if you split it 2 ways.. Besides, like Cloral pointed out, they know what they're doing with the monopoly game as they've been doing it for ages. Certain pieces are common or uncommon, and the best prizes have a rare piece. Boardwalk or Park Place (likely BW) is a rare piece that only so many are printed. So anyone that gets the rare piece, isn't gonna need to split the prize with someone that has a common piece.

Shinespark
10-21-2005, 09:42 PM
I f you honestly have boardwalk I'll split a million dollars with you....
Cause I got park place, buddy...
Kinda..

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/ryans_owls/orly.jpg

I've always thought you to be a 'tard but now you've confirmed it. In a fair deal, you would be splitting 1 million dollars into 1 cent and $999,999.99 with whomever has Boardwalk. You would get the cent, in case you were wondering.

Some Kinda Hate
10-21-2005, 11:00 PM
What are you talking about?

Masamune
10-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Subway > j00

Quiznos is better. Subway sucks ass... I'm sorry. Their rolls are all dry and brittle. There's no life in their sandwiches at all. There's a neat place in Claymont that sells teh best subs. ^_^

Dechipher
10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Meh

zoraking
10-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't think you're retarded. There might actually be some dum-fuck out there that would give you a winning piece, you're just asking the wrong (and actually intelligent) people.

Masamune
10-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Steak & Shake does rock. Rally's are also nut your pants good. My favorite is Wendys tho, I remember playing the monopoly game when i was younger, i was always one piece away from everything. And just to round my post off and hit every topic that was discussed here, if I had a million dollars, you gusy would never see me again, Id buy a giant underground house, my very own masamune (the member not teh sword) and a puppy.

Underground tea parties are teh shit.

Goat
10-22-2005, 11:12 AM
tea party is code for "we're creating an opium den"

Dechipher
10-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I entered the codes online and I won her a cell phone game, but she couldn't play it on her phone, so they gave us Lemonade Tycoon. More later.

Hey. Can't blame a brutha fo tryin.

Zelda_Warrior
11-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Godammit...

First of all, I had lost my boardwalk piece and never found it agian, and also I just couldn't seem to find Park Place, even though I had a lot of Mcdonalds the last few days of the contest. Becuase it's a lot of money for a reward though, I spent like 2 hours looking for the damn thing and I couldn't find it. Another thing was that the contest only had about 2 weeks left when I got Boardwalk I didn't think it was such a big deal when I got Boardwalk, because I thought Park Place was the rare one, so I put it off until a few days after posting this when I decided that I was really lucky to find Boardwalk, and the situation kind of spiraled downward from there... =/ I can't belive I ruined it, i'm already a bit fat and didn't want to eat too much Mcdonalds, but that didn't stop me much from eating it, but in the long run it probably made me not want Mcdonalds as much so I didn't have as much a chance of finding Park Place, the main reason was that I lost Boardwalk...