PDA

View Full Version : Freeform dungeons

fire dragon
10-16-2005, 11:19 AM
I know what freeform dungeons rule do,but what help it offer?Why only build dungeons in overworld type dmap?
One more question,when you make locked doors when you use freeform dungeons rule,do you use lock blocks?Or is it something easier way?Thanks.

Zelda_Warrior
10-16-2005, 03:58 PM
First of all, yes, I think you need lock blocks when using freeform dungeon, unless the door is centered on the wall where doors normally are, then you can use jsut the door template to make a locked door.

Second of all, freeform dungeons makes it so that the edges of the screen don't overlap Link even thoguh there is no overhead combo tile there. Using just an overwolrd type dmap would be harder, you wouldn't be able to have 'guys' in it, EVERY door would have to be a locklock, etc.

DeFray
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Freeform dungeons allow you to put doors and passages in places other than the center of the edges of the screen.

Without freeform dungeons, the edges of every dungeon screen are always unwalkable.

cachitin
10-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks Defray, I was able to figure out what was making other doors other than the center.Thank you

Jedi Knight
10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
I find it easier to just put the locked doors in the cunter and put open ones off center. It saves a lot of trouble with lockblocks.