PDA

View Full Version : Trying to track down an old game.

goKi
10-15-2005, 07:22 AM
I remember when i was a child, i had a game on my Commodore-64. It was a side scrolling, fixed camera (moving to the edge of one screen bought up a new screen). Don't know much about the game, but you were in control of a spaceman, who i believe had a jetpack.

Sorry this is a vague description. Post anything you think it could be.

g4conman
10-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Could this be it?
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/g4conman/detail?.dir=/80ea&.dnm=737e.jpg&.src=ph
Phantoms of the Asteroid ^

goKi
10-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Sadly, that's not it. I've been looking everywhere for this game, all i can remember is liking it as a child, not even sure if it's good, or awful. Throw anything at me that you can think of.

Master Ghaleon
10-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Dark Fusion
(Gremlin, 1988)
Only the élite may join the Guardian Warriors, and those who wish to join must pass a test. Four levels of non-stop shoot-'em-up action, each consisting of three different types of gameplay, await you. The 'combat zone' is a platform game, the 'flight zone' is a horizontally scrolling shoot-'em-up in a spaceship, and the 'alien zone' again sees you in a spaceship, but battling a single enormous monster. There's nothing new here in terms of gameplay, although the graphics are absolutely beautiful, and the loading screen is marvellous. However, the music is annoying and the gameplay is maddeningly difficult as your energy is drained very quickly. I certainly won't be joining the Guardian Warriors soon!

Back to Reality
(Mastertronic, 1986)
The ship in which you are travelling has entered a black hole and emerged into a parallel universe. You have to get it back into the real universe by somehow making antimatter and combining it with matter. This is an adventure game which involves collecting objects and turning them into new objects, from which you eventually end up making antimatter. You'll need to be rather good at science to work out all the puzzles! You've also got a limited supply of oxygen which will need to be replenished frequently. The graphics are OK but the music (if you can call it that) is terrible, the man you control walks much too slowly, and at the end of the day, the game really isn't all that interesting.

Mission Jupiter
(Codemasters, 1987)
Aliens have entered our solar system, and your spaceship has landed on one of Jupiter's moons. You get out of the ship and start blasting the aliens as you walk across the lunar landscape. Yes, this is yet another average, horizontally scrolling shoot-'em-up, and there's absolutely nothing special about this one. There is just one long level, divided into ten sections. If you lose one of your lives, you resume at the start of the section you're on. The graphics and sound effects are both mediocre, although the game has the option to save the high score table so you can preserve your scores for posterity - that is, if you can actually achieve a high score, because it's also a rather difficult game.

Zub
(Mastertronic, 1987)
The King of Zub has sent our hero Zub on a mission to retrieve the green eyeball of Zub. Starting on Zub 1, you have reach Zub 10 by using the teleportation platforms located above each of the ten planets of the Zub system. When you've got the eyeball, you must then teleport your way back to Zub 1. You make your way to the top of each planet by manoeuvring platforms left and right, although you must crouch in order to move them properly. There are robots on each planet who will attempt to push you off the platforms, but you can shoot them. The team which programmed the game are completely mad - they must be with such a ridiculous plot - but it's a fun game with good graphics and music. Unfortunately it crashes on the higher difficulty levels, which is a shame, because the lower difficulty levels are too easy.

Any one of those?