PDA

View Full Version : The 12 Palaces FAQs

Pages : [1] 2

boram_c
10-15-2005, 02:19 AM
Does anybody know how to proceed past the first section (a portion 2 rooms by 3) of level 4? Can the north shutter one room north of the entrance open? Do the Goriya statues have any significance? I hit them with the magical boomerang and pushed them, but received no response so far…

sasja
10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
same problem here but is the fire palace level 4? I think I need the bow but cannot find it

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Hello, I am the creator of the 12 Palaces.

EDIT: Download The 12 Palaces (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=265).

Yes, the Goriya statues have some significance. For a nominal fee, someone in Hyrule may be able to give you a hint.

Also, there is a simple visual way of determining the "level number" of each palace.

Dan

Brandon
10-15-2005, 03:21 PM
I got the blue candle from the Palace of Treasures and now I'm lost.

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Have you gone southeast? You can use an item you have to continue.

Brandon
10-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I found the Sand Palace and the underground place, but I need a key for the Sand Palace and the Stepladder for the underground place.

elise
10-15-2005, 05:52 PM
for the key go outside to the west :)

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Concern yourself with finding the key first. Obviously you don't need to buy one.

You will find the ladder soon.

boram_c
10-15-2005, 07:17 PM
The upper-leftmost room displayed on the map in Level 7 seems inaccessable. Bombing the wall south of it doesn't work, and I have yet to find the wand. Any hints as to how to reach the wand?

I also noticed a room filled with Mirror Wizzrobes (which require the Mirror Shield to defeat). How soon should one be concerned about finding the Mirror Shield?

ms_zelda_lady
10-15-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm stuck trying to find level 5. I used the bow to the west of the Palace of Fire but can't figure out how to get past the brick wall in the Palace of Mysteries. I've been back to the Palace of Treasures and gotten more treasure but still can't get thru those brick walls. I noticed there are more of those walls around but nothing in my inventory seems to work. Can anyone tell me where level 5 is?
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 09:04 PM
The Palace of Mysteries is not Level 5, just to be clear. You will not be able to destroy the brick walls for a little while. If you look closely on your map, you have actually seen the Level 5 entrance somewhere on the other side of the river, but have not yet been able to access it.

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 09:08 PM
boram c : That room is not unaccessible. Again, there is someone who will give you a clue for a nominal fee (it's the same person ;) ). Don't worry about the mirror shield yet.

ms_zelda_lady
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the hint. I'll go back and check out the map.

ms_zelda_lady

boram_c
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I found what I was looking for!

I also noticed the Digdogger tiro that requires the Whistle. Is the Whistle available at this point of the game? Is defeating the Digdogger trio necessary to proceed?

ms_zelda_lady
10-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Please will somebody tell me where level 5 is. I've spent the last half an hour walking in circles and can't find it. If you don't want to post it here then please pm me. I'm not having fun playing this anymore.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I have PM'ed ms zelda lady, please don't post spoilers. :)

Dan Furst
10-15-2005, 11:02 PM
boram c: Yes, no. :)

ms_zelda_lady
10-15-2005, 11:22 PM
:) Thank you for the pm Dan I'm now on my way again

ms_zelda_lady

boram_c
10-15-2005, 11:22 PM
I am exploring Level 8 right now, and I cannot seem to find the second key. I got around the illusions and the noticed the movable prism, but all I find is a room with a shutter and another room with what I think is an underwater portal. What next?

ms_zelda_lady
10-16-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm in need of help again. I've paid for 3 clues but none of them tell me how to get thru the Lost Woods. Managed to find a few great treasures but I wish one of the clues I paid for would have been the solution.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

P.S. Nevermind I figured it out.....LOL (Nice Dan)

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 01:47 AM
Well, boram c, try to go as far northeast as possible. Make sure you have some bombs.

ms_zelda_lady
10-16-2005, 02:46 AM
:) I've just finished level 5. Can't wait to see what other tricks you have up your sleeve. Its way past my bedtime but I had to finish level 5 first. Its like eating chips. You can't stop after eating just one....LOL
Thanks for a great quest :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ms_zelda_lady

Crackers
10-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Where is the bow? I've been all over looking for it. I can't make any progress in the fire palace so I assume I need it? You can PM me if you'd like. So far I've really enjoyed playing but need a little help to continue on. :)

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I have PM'ed Crackers. :)

boram_c
10-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, boram c, try to go as far northeast as possible. Make sure you have some bombs.
That does not help. I already reached a room conveyors and spikes and found bombable walls north and west. West leads to a room with what i believe is an underwater portal (or at least a miscolored portion of water), and North leads to a room with a shutter and no way of opening it. I checked the blocks, but none of them move with the Power Glove.

You need to be much more specific.

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 04:10 PM
There is a way to open that shutter. How exactly to do it is a ... mystery. :tongue:

If it's tripping you up, PM me and I'll spoil the mystery.

kiwimum
10-16-2005, 06:41 PM
From KIWIMUM

I am also unable to find level 5, can someone please put me on the right path, have been walking around for over a hour without any luck..Thankyou

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Level 5 is just south of the big lake, on the same screen as the dock. You must approach it from the west. Have you found the maze path screen? If so, there is a person in a cave who can give you a hint.

A note to all: you'll notice the overworld really opens up after Level 4. I just wanted to make sure to get everyone on the right track with the first few palaces. From there things start to get difficult, so have patience. :)

And keep posting.

Dan

boram_c
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
There is a way to open that shutter. How exactly to do it is a ... mystery. :tongue:

If it's tripping you up, PM me and I'll spoil the mystery.
If it involves the whistle, then I need a hint on how to find the whistle. I used the Lens of Truth and found no hints about specific items used on specific tiles, so I am guessing the Whistle is required since it does not necessarily need a specific tile.

Dan Furst
10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
PM sent.

kiwimum
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks, have found level 5 and venturing on.

ms_zelda_lady
10-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Need some help with level 7. I Got the map, compass and boss key but haven't found a certain treasure needed to get to the boss. I've seen all the rooms but the top left one. Tried to bomb but that didn't work so I figure I'm missing a staircase somewhere.
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

Crackers
10-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Very Simple, got it after I signed off. :rolleyes: Thanks for the help.

boram_c
10-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I finally explored almost all of Level 8. I picked up the Boss Key, but once again, I am two keys short! A locked door and a lockblock stand in my way. How does one claim the final two keys (without buying them)?

avaquizzer
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Let me just say that this quest is AWESOME! I just finished level 8 (Very nice job on some of the puzzles in there, BTW!) and I'm off to level 9. I currently have two complete rows of hearts and 3 hearts on the top row, as well as most of the weapons / items. Just a quick question: how many total hearts are possible in the game? Just a curiousity since I like to finish games with as complete an inventory as possible. I'm looking forward to the Palace of Darkness! :)

[EDIT]
One "bug" that I noticed...nothing big. In "The Underground" where you can get the Big Key, look at the door that it is supposed to unlock. I think you used the wrong key graphic there; the door looks like a regular key could open it, not a big key. (I was a beta tester for James' Quest a while back, and I tend to notice little things like that....)

Dan Furst
10-17-2005, 02:45 AM
ms zelda lady: This is sort of tricky. The person north over the overworld start screen has a hint for you. ;)

boram c: See PM :)

avaquizzer: It is possible to accumulate 20 hearts in Hyrule. :) That graphic glitch you spoke of is because of the color scheme I selected. It is actually a boss key door. :)

Oh, and I appreciate you kind comments. If you wouldn't mind, would you rate my quest on the QDB page/ leave a comment? No biggie if you don't. :)

Dan

ms_zelda_lady
10-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the hint. I'll go back and check it out.

ms_zelda_lady

Han
10-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Hello Dan,
Nice quest. I have only one question for you. Where do I find the hammer. I seem to need it in level 5 but cannot find it anywhere.
Can you give me a hint.

Han

Dan Furst
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
The hammer is beyond the six locked doors/blocks in the palace. You will need six keys. You do know how to find them, right?

boram_c
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Finished the quest after over 8.5 hours worth of play. Very good for a first time quest. Here is what I would like to point out:

The puzzles were original. Great job on them.
I noticed you used a large quantity of certain enemies in certain rooms. The only problem with this is that the player will get too used to fighting a certain enemy. Remember the infamous 2-3-2 formations in the original LOZ (2 blue Wizzrobes, 3 Like Likes, and 2 red Wizzrobes with 1 Bubble)? The rooms that contained different types of enemies, traps, etc. were much more effective in forcing me to resort to potions than rooms filled with many of one kind of enemy.
If you stick to the classic tileset, try to learn how to modify colors to your liking. I usually make Link's sprite greener with no rings and slightly bluer with the Blue Ring. I also make my own dungeon colors (check out BC1st quest to see what I mean) instead of depending on what is given. Experiment with the palattes and see what combinations suit you.

Dan Furst
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't really put too much effort into coloring with this quest, I wanted to focus on the logical flow (puzzles & enemies). I agree that 10 of the same enemy can be fairly easy compared to a 2-3-2 structure but I didn't wan't to make the quest frustratingly difficult. I thought most rooms had a decent variation, but surely not all.

Congrats on completing it! Did you get all of the heart pieces?

avaquizzer
10-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Wonderful quest! Took me 2 days to complete, well worth the effort! I even got all of the heart pieces and everything. If I may put my 2 cents in...

Some of the rooms in the final dungeon seemed to depend more on luck than on skill, mostly with the batrobes and gohmas. Just a point, nothing more.

After getting the mirrorshield, I went back to the other dungeon that had mirrorrobes and killed them all. I think it would've added a little something if the rooms they were in contained treasures. Maybe rupees, or even one of hte special items that you have strewn throughout the game. Or even bait.

Fantastic job on the puzzles in this game. One of the trademarks of the Zelda games is the increase in innovation of puzzles, and this game had lots of good ones!

I noticed that Zora was conspicuously missing from most of the overworld rivers. Again, just a point.

I really enjoyed this quest. It wasn't too challenging as to turn off a player because they'd get stuck, but it wasn't simply a linear game where the "challenges" were how many darknuts can you kill at once with a wooden sword. I look forward to your next quest, if you plan on making one.

~JC

Blackbun
10-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm having trouble finding the bow also. Please help!

:D nevermind--always pays to keep searching the level where you need something...

Dan Furst
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Thank you for your kind comments, avaquizzer. Blackbun, I believe you are stuck in the Place of Fire, correct? If so, there is an important clue about the Goriya statues in the overworld. Find the overworld cave that is flanked by Goriya statues; it's near your house.

negra1948
10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
can someone help me to find the way to 5th dungeon I can not unscrambled the maze I have been walking around for 4 hours and there is nobody who give you a hint there is someone to tell you if you have bird-eyes you can see clues, I don't see any clue.PLEASE HELP ME. It is a very good quest CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks Dan I found level 5 dungeon. This quest is interesting and I like it. continue with the good work.

Please somebody can help me in finding the wand. I am playing level 7th and I have the book I can not finish this level.
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!

Dan I've been pushing blocks al I can there is some I can not push in the room before the boss room and in the wall oposite to the door is a square I try many thinks nothing happen. PLEASE HELP ME.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Furst
10-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes, you need to press spacebar to view the overworld map. Look at the section of the overworld that is generally white colored. Look for patterns that would help you with a maze path screen.

Dan

Blackbun
10-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Ok, I'm liking this quest...
I'm in lvl 5 and can't seem to get to any new rooms. I've got 4 keys, and can't find the locked door, and can get into two rooms that have blocked entries. I know I need to go out the map guys left arm, but can't get over that way. Please help :odd:

Dan Furst
10-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, you've seen the rooms with blocked entries. Remembering which ones they are, use a bomb to try to enter them from another side.

Dan

Crackers
10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Where is the shield? I still have the 1st one and am going for lv6. Time I got a magic one but can't find a shop that sells one. I've also been to all the areas of lv6 except for the areas that need the hookshot and I can't find it. I'm stuck until I get some help.....please? :)

Dan Furst
10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
There is a cave surrounded by hammer posts. This is where you can buy the magic shield. As for Level 6, the important clue is mentioned by the guy. "Don't let three bats get the best of you." Have you found a room with only three bats? They are fooling you. :)

Dan

Crackers
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Thought I hammered all the posts to caves. Can you give me a hint as to which level it's by?
I'll go back and get the bats. There is actually 2 rooms with 3 bats. Your help is appreciated. :)

Dan Furst
10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
There is actually 2 rooms with 3 bats.

No, there is one. There is a room with 4 Keese.

The cave you're looking for is near the Palace of Sand.

Dan :)

elise
10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
removed posted on the same time as Dan :)

kiwimum
10-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Am really enjoying this quest, am in Level 8 and have come to a standstill, cannot get the boss key have seen it in one of the rooms but cant get any further, please any suggestions.

sinemot
10-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Please, I need help finding level 8. Looked all around have most items up to the whistle still haven't found the flippers (if there are any). Interesting twist on some of the room puzzles - and not killer difficult for us older folks. Any help would appreciated - thanx

gekos
10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
does anyone know where the boss key is in L6?

Bomber
10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Dumb question - I need the raft and stepladder. Where can I find them?

Dan Furst
10-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Sorry for not replying quickly, I was on vacation.

negra1948: The wand/magic book are a little tricky to find. One square north of the overworld start screen is a guy who will give you a hint.

kiwimum: The guy there says that the Palace of Mysteries is connected to another palace. Use the item you found in Level 8 in a previous palace. If you don't know which palace, post again. :)

sinemot: You have passed by the 8th Level several times! It's near the south dock of the river-rafting trip, surrounded by a moat.

gekos: There is one bomb wall in this palace. The palace is symmetric about it's center. Look for rooms you haven't been to yet on the map. You'll also need the hookshot to get the boss key.

Bomber: I replied to your PM.

Dan

kiwimum
10-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi Dan, thanks for the hint,it all fell into place and i have completed level 8, onwards now to 9 Thankyou again.

xDragoNGameRx
10-26-2005, 06:35 AM
i have a problem in the palace of mysteries,im in this room where u have to push a block into a spot, but for some reason the block won't move, i do have the lv. 2 power glove, am I missing something?

diannew
10-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Where do I find this quest? Sounds challenging.

elise
10-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Diannew
in the questdatabase http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=265

diannew
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Diannew
in the questdatabase http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=265

Thanks - found it and will start it tomorrow.

Dianne

Thunderkitty
10-26-2005, 06:38 PM
How is this quest so good? I played it and it wasnt what I expected! It would have seemed that it was one of those great games, but all it was, was a cheap imitation of Link To The Past! Sorry for getting you down, but thats what I feel.

kiwimum
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Dan. Congratulations on this great quest, i have finally finished it and have really enjoyed myself. Hope you have some more quests coming up.

Dan Furst
10-27-2005, 01:30 AM
xDragoNGameRx: That block you are referring to is a red herring. It does not move and there is nothing you can do with it. Search some more. :)

Thunderkitty: Sorry you didn't like it that much. :( I didn't try to "base" it on LttP or any other game. The graphics are simple but I think I had a few fresh ideas. And it's not buggy. :)

kiwimum: Thanks for your kind words. Actually my brother is working on a quest right now, and I'm putting in a little effort towards puzzle design, music, and "neat ideas." He's using the Pure Tileset and things are looking GREAT. Expect to see it sometime around this summer. (He's currently working on Level 3.)

Dan

musictopia10
10-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I cannot figure out how to get the key needed to continue. The progress I made so far is I completed level 1. Went into level 2 and got the blue candle. Cannot finish level 2 until I get the raft of the ladder. Found level 3 and cannot goto the first room until I get the key. Exactly where do I go from the place that requires the key?

Dan Furst
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
What you are calling level 2 is not level 2. What you are calling level 3 is level 2. Use the number of statues on the side of the entrance room to determine the level number (palace of Treasures is "#10", Palace of Sand is #2).

Go due west from the Palace of Sand to find the key needed to enter it. It's the screen with the peahats.

Dan

musictopia10
10-28-2005, 02:11 AM
I am in the Palace Of Water. Now, I am stuck. I went to the screen where there are 4 blocks and a door I cannot open. I tried to move all four blocks but none would move. Also, I tried to bomb any walls. Could not do that either. I do not have any keys. There is a spot where I need a raft but until I can get through that door, I cannot get to the raft. How do I open that door?

Dan Furst
10-28-2005, 02:21 AM
The room with 4 blocks that you are describing actually has 6 blocks. Four "regular" and 2 statues. That should be a big enough hint. :)

musictopia10
10-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I am in the Fire Palace. I cannot seem to continue unless I get the bow so I can shoot the statue. I found the hint but it just said to appreciate them. I don't what to do with that hint. I think I need the bow and arrows to get them. I have the arrows but cannot find the bow. If there is another way to get them out of the way, then how? I tried bombs, moving them, using the candle and using the boomerang. None works. I don't have any other items at this time.

Dan Furst
10-28-2005, 03:19 PM
The Goriya statues seem to be a stopping point for many people. I'll reiterate what I've said before more clearly: You can't use any items/sword on the Goriya statues, and they can't be pushed/moved/broken/anything. But they are heavily significant. You need to STOP and appreciate them.

That should do it. :)

Dan

DefEdge
10-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Ok, how about loitering? Stand around and see what happens. :)

Boommaster
10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm in level 8 and I am also at a standstill not being able to push one block. I have the level 2 glove and it still won't move. I have the master key now but can't get anywhere else. PLEASE HELP

Which level do I search. Level 2 or Level 8. I have looked at the walls of each of these and cannot find anything that gets me where I need to go. I have gone into the water in the water level and got no where. Please help. :(

Dan Furst
10-28-2005, 05:31 PM
That block you are referring to is a red herring. It does not move and there is nothing you can do with it. Search some more.

musictopia10
10-28-2005, 07:00 PM
How do I stop and appreciate them? I tried staying in the same spot for a long time but that did not work. I tried to go up to it and stopped for a long time. Also, I tried moving around alot as well. One spot for example that has that statue is right next to where the raft spot.

ms_zelda_lady
10-28-2005, 07:34 PM
I tried to send you a pm but you don't accept them. Just stay in the room long enough and something will happen.

ms_zelda_lady

Dan Furst
10-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Boommaster: Check PM.

musictopia10: Yes, you need to be in the Fire Palace Goriya room for it to work.

musictopia10
10-29-2005, 02:57 AM
I am in Shadow Palace. I have found 4 of the keys. Cannot find the other 2 keys as needed to get the hammer. Where are the keys located?

musictopia10
10-29-2005, 04:13 AM
Also, where do I get the white sword (the level 2 sword) at?

Bomber
10-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Soooooooooooooooo........... how do you get to the boss key doorway in the Fire Palace when only one of the blocks moves???

Dan Furst
10-29-2005, 01:09 PM
musictopia10: The guy in the top right part of the "head" of the Shadow Palace has the hint you need. Pay attention to the wording. Note there are bomb walls in this palace, too. The white sword is in the Palace of Treasures.

Bomber: That block moves more than once.

musictopia10
10-29-2005, 01:16 PM
The hint said something about dark rooms. How does dark rooms have anything to do with keys? Does that mean that every room that is originally black for sure has a key? Or does it mean that the 2 eyes on the map has the keys?

Dan Furst
10-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Does that mean that every room that is originally black for sure has a key?

:D

Dan

musictopia10
10-29-2005, 04:18 PM
What level is the next one after the shadow one? Is it the spirit palace? If not, then how do I get to the next level?

Dan Furst
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Shadow Palace had 5 statues on the sides of the entrance room, Spirit has 6. You are correct. :)

Dan

Thunderkitty
10-30-2005, 12:08 AM
"Thunderkitty: Sorry you didn't like it that much. I didn't try to "base" it on LttP or any other game. The graphics are simple but I think I had a few fresh ideas. And it's not buggy."

Sorry about that Dan. I should have played it more then I did. It is pretty fun! Good Job, and thanks for not exploding on my comment, most people do that to newbies on what they say. You are one of those questmakers that really do care about their fans and...(If I make this any longer they would have to make it a TV show!)

All in all, thanks for this quest.

Dan Furst
10-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey, you are entitled to your opinion, but thanks for the reconsideration. :)

Dan

Bomber
10-31-2005, 09:30 AM
I am one key from having gotten the necessary six to get the hammer. I know which room it is in, but it is the only one I can't access, or at least figure out how to... Look at these screen shots:

I need to get to the room south of here (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_095/zelda010.bmp)

This is where I have been (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_095/zelda011.bmp)

I have been unable to find out how to access that room for two days. I thought maybe you have to get into the right "eye" somehow, but I cant figure that out either

Dan Furst
10-31-2005, 11:17 AM
The 6th key is not in that room. You understand the hint from the guy in the top right, correct? I would suggest starting from the entrance and double checking each dark room as you come to them.

Dan

Bomber
10-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Yes I understand the clue :) That's how I knew exactly where the keys were. I'll check again. If worse comes to worst, at least I have the large wallet and can carry 985 rupees if I need to buy a key :D LOL

Dan Furst
10-31-2005, 07:15 PM
I sent you a PM with a map. :)

Dan

xDragoNGameRx
11-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey dan, I'm in the last room of the 12th dungeon (before the zelda room) and I was wondering, How many heads does THAT thing have?

And I love your quest! :D Are u in the process of making another quest? :rolleyes:

Dan Furst
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
That would be 40 :D

I'm not making a new quest myself, but I'm providing some input for a quest my brother is making. I'm thinking up some "neat ideas" and I've written some midi music. He's using the Pure tileset and things are looking really good. He's working on dungeon 3 now, so maybe it'll be done sometime this summer. Really, it will be on par with the super-popular quests on this site.

Dan

Pineconn
11-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Yes, I can vouch that his 3rd dungeon is now indeed complete. He has told me. ;) And he told me that he is planning on making a demo for the game, in case you're wondering.

Anyway, I love your game, Dan! Especially the room before the boss in the 9th dungeon. I think it has just about every trap and damage combo possible in it! :)

Definitely worth a 5.

Dan Furst
11-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Hi Mike!

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 03:01 AM
I am stuck on level 7. I got the magic book and the compass. I still cannot do anything with the wall. I went to every room. Is there another item I am supposed to get in level 7? What can I do with the magic book?

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 03:17 AM
I found the 50 one. I made it upto the ghosts. I can kill some of them but others, I cannot figure out to kill them.

Dan Furst
11-02-2005, 03:58 AM
You haven't been to the northwestern-most room in level 7. There is a hint how to get there in the cave north of the overworld start screen. As for the ghinis, you can make the transparent ones materialize. They just won't do it if you're in the room they're in. :)

Dan

Bomber
11-02-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm through half of level 7. Should I have the whistle by now, or is it somewhere in this level?

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 10:52 AM
I have been in the northwestern most room. It was the magic book. However, I still cannot break through walls though. If there is another room, then how do I get to it. I tried pushing buttons and bombing. Nothing is working.

Dan Furst
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Bomber: You could theoretically have the whistle by now but it's not a "required" item.

musictopia10: No, the room with the magic book is one room south of the northwestern-most room. There is a passageway somewhere to the room you need, follow the hint that I mentioned before.

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I did find that now. I made it to the room where I have to use the big key. However, I am on the right side of the blocks. I tried moving them. Could not do so. How do I get to the other side so I can use the big key?

Dan Furst
11-02-2005, 07:23 PM
In that room, notice an oddity on the far wall. Try doing something with it. :)

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I noticed one that seemed odd. I tried moving it and bombing it. I also tried using arrows, the magic wand and the boomerang. What do I need to do with it?

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I figured out what to do from there. However, the next screen are a bunch of bats. I kill them but they keep coming back. What's the easiest way to get past that screen?

musictopia10
11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
I finally figure out that I had to kill the wizards. Is the palace of mystery the next one? If so, I made it to the room with a key I cannot get to. From the main entrance, I went up then bombed left. Then went down. I killed all the monsters. I see a key but I cannot get to it. I tried moving the blocks but none would move. How do I get the key?

Dan Furst
11-03-2005, 05:37 AM
I'm not sure if I should reply, it seems like you end up figuring it out :D

There are many bomb walls in this palace, so it would help to have the lens of truth in here. You can get that key by bombing a wall.

Dan

musictopia10
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Now I am at the point where there are several enemies that shoot plus a like like. The like like is not a problem but the ones that shoots take away so many hearts for each hit and there are so many of them. Is there an easy way to kill them? They first appear behind blocks. That's easy. But the second time they appear, they shoot at you.

Dan Furst
11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
There is no way you are going to kill all of those Death Knights, don't try. Find another way to progress through that room. Pay attention to what there is in that room and realize what you need to do.

musictopia10
11-03-2005, 12:35 PM
How else can someone get past that room if they don't kill all the monsters? Is there a secret? If so, then how do you keep from getting hit since there are so many of them?

musictopia10
11-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I tried bombing. However, they always kill me before I get a chance of trying to bomb one of the sides. Is there a special item i need for that?

Bomber
11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Wow :) TRIPLE postings! :)

Anyway..... where in 7 do I get the wand? I've been everywhere except the northwestern arm of the snowflake. I cant seem to get in there. There is a room w. magic Stalfoses and spike mats, but the shutter along the north wall doesnt open. Have I missed a secret psg some where?

Dan Furst
11-03-2005, 02:44 PM
musictopia10: All you need to do in that room is survive long enough for the Goriya statues to warp you. You asked how you can prevent yourself from being hit. Well, take notice of the enemies in the room and their starting locations.

Bomber: You need to be what your name suggests :) In addition, there is (probably) a passage that you missed; the in-game hint for it is one screen north of the overworld start screen.

musictopia10
11-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I am now in the room where after I bomb and go through, then I cannot use any weapons because of the red bubble. However, in the next room requires the use of the items. Is there a way to get rid of the red bubble or to disable the effects?

Dan Furst
11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Actually, you don't need weapons/items (read: wand) in that room. Don't kill the magic octorock.

musictopia10
11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Now I am stuck. I went into every possible room. One room that may be a secret (i'm not sure what) is where I bombed into the room. There is a blue spot. I killed all the monsters. I have the flippers. Nothing seems to be happening. What do I do now?

Dan Furst
11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Have you been to the northwest corner? If so, listen to the guy and use the flippers in another palace. Go to the most obvious one, considering you'll use the flippers. Remember to dive.

Those blue spots are important.

musictopia10
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Do you mean the northwest corner of the overworld? The northwest corner of the overworld is ice palace. If you mean the northwest corner of Mystery Palace, I cannot get to it. I went everywhere I could go. Is there another entrance? There is one place that has a cave but I cannot get to it because I do not have the item needed for it.

DefEdge
11-04-2005, 06:29 PM
That room with the 9 death knights and 1 like-like, I did manage to kill all of the death knights. All I would do is go in, kill the like-like, leave, and come back in. You had set the like-like as the first monster, so he'd be the target.

The upper northwest corner is not accessible directly. You need to find a room with a push block. It really won't be that obvious when you find the room though.

Dan Furst
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Well then, you didn't physically kill the Death Knights :p

And, musictopia10 was referring to the 8th palace, not the 7th. If you have the flippers, you can get to the northwest corner. Use many bombs. :)

Dan Furst
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
oops -deleted-

musictopia10
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
So I have to go back into Ice Palace and goto the northwest corner then use many bombs?

musictopia10
11-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I figured out what diving meant. I went to the next room. Found the key. Now, there is nowhere to go. I tried using the lens to see if there were any more bombable walls. All the places there was, I bombed. I have 2 keys. I don't know where else I can go in the dungeon. Is there another entrance to the dungeon. I went into every room and used the lens on every wall there.

Bomber
11-04-2005, 11:06 PM
I still cant figure out how to get in the northwest corner of 7. Is that where the wand is? How do I get up there?

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 02:40 AM
musictopia10: You are done with the Ice Palace; you don't need to go back. There is not really another entrance to the Palace of Mysteries. There is a way to access a room from another place but I wouldn't necessarily consider it another entrance. From the room that had the flippers, did you go right, up, bomb up?

Bomber: You need to push a block in the southeastern "arm" of the snowflake. Try them all until you find it.

kittifelyne
11-05-2005, 08:42 AM
One Key Short...no hammer for me!

I am one key from having gotten the necessary six to get the hammer in the Shadow Palace.
There is only one room I can't access so far...can't figure it out. It's the same room that is mentioned in Bombers' post.
Been through from the beginning of the dungeon a couple of times to no avail.....
please help me find that last key.

This is my first real problem playing this great and really fun quest.
I'm stumped! Help! Please!

Bomber
11-05-2005, 10:36 AM
In trhe Palace of Mysteries, using the lens of truth, I discovered that there is a mirror shield under a brick in the north east corner of the room. There is also a false block near the north doorway. There is a deflector that can move in the southeast corner, but I cant find my way out of there. How do I?

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Now I am stuck in the part where there is a block that will not move. And a door in a room i was from. To the right is one that something has to be done first. There is a spot where the block goes. I cannot bomb up or down. I got another key. I went into the room in the northwest corner. What do I do in that room?

DefEdge
11-05-2005, 11:02 AM
In trhe Palace of Mysteries, using the lens of truth, I discovered that there is a mirror shield under a brick in the north east corner of the room. There is also a false block near the north doorway. There is a deflector that can move in the southeast corner, but I cant find my way out of there. How do I?

That is a reflector puzzle. Think about mirrors and what was trapped in the room.

DefEdge
11-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Now I am stuck in the part where there is a block that will not move. And a door in a room i was from. To the right is one that something has to be done first. There is a spot where the block goes. I cannot bomb up or down. I got another key. I went into the room in the northwest corner. What do I do in that room?

As Dan Furst has said before, that block is a red herring. A fake. Look around the room.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I looked all around the room and tried every item. Nothing seems to work. What do I do here?

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 12:57 PM
kittifelyne: I sent you a private message.

Bomber: The "mirror shield" tile you saw with the lens of truth just means you need to use reflected magic to activate that secret. Not necessarily with the mirror shield.

musictopia10: Look around the room more :) Everywhere.

Dan

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 02:11 PM
How do I get to the master key? I made it to the room with the master key. However, I was on the left of the room. None of the blocks would move. In the next room was 4 doors; however, I was unable to get in. Do I need the master key or the complete triforce first?

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Listen to the guy who gives you the hint right next to the master key room. Just think carefully about what he says.

The "4 doors" are another red herring.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I see the 4 doors. I cannot get to the middle of the screen. I walked everywhere possible in the room. Nothing happened. I also tried moving every possible thing with no luck either. What do I do in the room with the 4 doors?

kittifelyne
11-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I got my hammer! Thank you for the private message Dan.
And thanks for making such a fun quest.

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
musictopia10: Did you kill all the enemies? After doing that, try examining the room more. You should know by now that there's a trick.

kittifelyne: You're welcome :)

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I did everything in the room but cannot figure out what I have to do.

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Kill the enemies then try to touch the blocks.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 05:25 PM
I tried touching every block. However, nothing happens. None are able to move.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
I am able to make it on the other side where I can bomb. However, I cannot get to the master key to open to get to the big boss.

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
You have to leave this palace to get the boss key. The guy told you that this palace was connected to another and suggested you use the flippers. Go to the palace that would most warrant use of the flippers and search for a place to use them.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Is that the ice palace? I went everywhere on the overworld. The only places there i have not been yet are the places i cannot go because it shows i cannot lift the really big rock yet. If not the ice palace, then which place is this closest to? was it a palace i already went to?

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Flippers.
Water.
:rolleyes:

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Is it a spot where I have to dive? I went to every place that required the flippers but still cannot find the other entrance. Can you tell me approximately where it should be (northeast, northwest, southwest, southeast)?

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
There is a dive warp in the Palace of Water. It's a miscolored water tile. It's near the boss room.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 08:01 PM
There is one item in the palace of treasures I cannot figure out how to get. How do I get it? Has a picture of the eye. I have the silver arrows. Which item is used for it and where do I go to get it? Also, in the 50 trial one, I can make it to the last screen. Somehow, even though I start out with full hearts and 2 things of medicine, I cannot figure out how to keep from losing so many hearts (especially when the wizards keep shooting bats and the last screen).

Dan Furst
11-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Use the lens of truth to see what item will activate the eyeball statues.

As for the Palace of 50 Trials, do you have the gold ring yet? It would help.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
I have the red ring. Where do I get the gold ring at? I finished the palace of mysteries.

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I used the lens of truth and it said something about the blue arrows. Where do I get the blue arrows from?

musictopia10
11-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I found the gold ring. How do I kill the wizards on the last screen of the 50 trials? They somehow will not die.

musictopia10
11-06-2005, 12:00 AM
I did finally make it through the 50 trials. How do I get the blue arrows?

Dan Furst
11-06-2005, 01:42 PM
I thought you said you had the silver arrow. That's what the "blue arrow" is.

The silver arrow is in the Palace of Darkness.

cpoet
11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi Dan, played some of the game, but got
wiped out due to power failure.....lost it all.......Cool game but at my age its hard
to get the fingers moving. Can you give me by email a cheat code. Thanks and
hope you have more games coming in the future. At 72 my mind is clogged with
junk, but at least I try.

Cpoet (James)

Howdy, so I missed the bow any hints

musictopia10
11-06-2005, 05:31 PM
How do I get the big key in the Palace of Darkness? There is one room I have not been in and cannot figure out how to get to it. I have been in every other room.

OldZelda_fan
11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I am enjoying your quest -- interesting challenges... speaking of which -- how do I approach level-5 from the west. I have tried many different things without any luck. Basically, how do I get to level-5?

thanks,

Dan Furst
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
cpoet: Email sent.

musictopia10: I think you mean the Boss Key, correct? You have to shoot out an eyeball statue with the silver arrow. It's in a place that's only a couple rooms away from the exit stairs of the first underground passage in this dungeon.

OldZelda fan: There is a "maze path" screen that you must pass. There is a person in a cave that gives you the hint to look at the overworld from a birds eye view. Use the map to find the clues to get through the maze path.

musictopia10
11-06-2005, 08:02 PM
in which direction. I tried going in all four directions and there was none with the eyeball statue.

musictopia10
11-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Nevermind. I found it now.

musictopia10
11-06-2005, 08:25 PM
I passed the palace of darkness. What do I need to do now? I have the mirror shield but do not know where I need to goto next?

OldZelda_fan
11-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I was able to find level-5 on my own (personal acheivement) easy enough -- and have completed half of six.... finding that last key in level-5 was interesting

Dan Furst
11-07-2005, 02:04 AM
musictopia10: The guy who gave you the mirror shield told you what you need to do.

OldZelda fan: Good to hear you're on track.

captlagnaf
11-07-2005, 09:09 AM
I am having trouble getting through the maze to level five. Have paid for clues and do not understand birds eye view is there a different cave that has a better clue.

Dan Furst
11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Use the overworld map to find the directions through the maze path screen. Look in the westernmost part of the "white" area. :)

bull
11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
hi
can someone help me to find the flippers ?
please and thanks

Dan Furst
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
The flippers are in the Palace of Mysteries. How much of the game have you completed? With more information I can tell you how close you are to getting them.

Dan

bull
11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
hi dan
i am just at the bigining of the level 8
bombed the south wall for the 1st key
passed the reflector puzzle and now??????
saw your post 143 about the connected palace but dont have the flippers yet.
thanks
bull

KooblaKhan
11-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Where Is That Dang Key For The Sand Palace

Dan Furst
11-08-2005, 07:34 PM
bull: Don't worry about how they are connected yet, you'll know when it's time to backtrack. Basically you need to use the lens of truth to find all the bomb walls; there are quite a few. Also, if a room seems like it's a dead-end, it's probably not. There are some puzzles that you have to throw out the usual conventions and experiment. It might help to draw a little map as you go so you don't miss any rooms.

KooblaKhan: The key is a few screens due west from the palace. Kill the peahats.

bull
11-08-2005, 08:12 PM
OK here we go.
forgot one pushing block,got the map and continue this good quest

thanks

captlagnaf
11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the hint on level 5 it still took about 15 minutes to figure it out. Thanks

erm2003
11-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey this quest is really good. I am stuck in level 8. I got past the reflection puzzle and I am stuck in the room 2 above that with the shutter. I saw you mentioned it can be opened but I can't seem to find the trick yet. Any hints? PM me to avoid a spoiler. Thanks!

Dan Furst
11-09-2005, 03:20 AM
PM sent!

Bomber
11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Found my way through that - this is going to be a fun level

Dan Furst
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Howdy, so I missed the bow any hints

I just noticed you edited your original post! You can just make a new one if you have more questions, I'd find it faster.

The bow is in the Palace of Fire. Have you figured out the secret of the Goriya statues?

Han
11-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Nice made quest. I am stuck in level 8 2 rooms after the mirror room. I know I can dive in a water warp but have no flippers. Got the lens of truth but can not find any entrance. Please help.

Han

cpoet
11-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I just noticed you edited your original post! You can just make a new one if you have more questions, I'd find it faster.

The bow is in the Palace of Fire. Have you figured out the secstatues?
ret of the Goriya

Not yet any clues

Dan Furst
11-14-2005, 04:55 AM
One screen north of the overworld start screen is a cave with a hint person. Think about the hint you receive and try it out in the Palace of Fire. Notice the hint says you should stop.

Bomber
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Really need the mirror shield or gold ring. I am stuck between either not being able to kill the mirror wizzrobes in the Palace of 50 Trials, or the magic darknuts in the Palace of Mysteries

Dan Furst
11-14-2005, 07:41 PM
You should not try to kill the Death Knights in the top right corner of the Palace of Mysteries. Look at the objects in the room, the enemies, and their placement. You can pass that room without using any items/sword/pushing.

Neither the gold ring nor the mirror shield are accessible to you yet. The gold ring would be next, though.

DefEdge
11-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Really need the mirror shield or gold ring. I am stuck between either not being able to kill the mirror wizzrobes in the Palace of 50 Trials, or the magic darknuts in the Palace of Mysteries

There are 2 ways to kill the mirror wizzrobes without the mirror shield. Both ways involve the use of the 4 way prisms. One is to get the wizzrobes to fire at you and hit one of the prisms, starting a cycle of death in the room. This is the fast way to kill them. The slower way is to fire a wand shot of your own into the prisms, and let them pummel the wizzrobes that way. The wand shot doesn't do nearly as much damage as the wizzrobe magic does though.

It's fun to try and get the wizzrobe shot to work though, pretty tough, cause they don't fire unless they are on the same line as you. :evil:

radder1
11-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Re: Level 9

I got to the very end and the last room before Ganon (I suppose) won't open. I must have missed the boss key in Level 9. Can someone help me find it?

There is also the underground cave with the wind wizzrobes that has the same looking door that won't open.

Please help.

Dan Furst
11-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Those doors are boss key doors. I used a color scheme that unfortunately did not show the normal level of detail for these doors. For the underground area, the boss key is in a room that is not on the map. In level 9, you have to go back to a room you had been to before and use the silver arrow.

Dan

captlagnaf
11-18-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm having trouble accessing the mirror shield in the palace of mysteries. I use the wand to move the block but the shield disappears. and there is no way to access the blocked off areas. Help

Dan Furst
11-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Are you talking about the lens hint that shows the mirror shield? That just means you need to use reflected magic to activate the secret. The mirror shield is not found in the Palace of Mysteries.

Han
11-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Played out the quest. Well done Dan. Have had some help with a few puzzles but found out the most my self. A very interesting quest and all the time kept me busy finding out the right way. The last palace in the clouds is very good.

Han

Dan Furst
11-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Thanks for your comments!

radder1
11-22-2005, 12:25 PM
I, too, enjoyed the quest. There were a few things that I would never have solved if not for help. It was a good blend of puzzles and fighting difficulty.

You deserve a break, Dan, but I hope you'll consider entertaining us with your quest-making skills in the future.

Dan Furst
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
You deserve a break, Dan...

This quest took only 3 weeks to make! I don't deserve a break just yet!

Well, if you read back several posts, I'm a sort of "consultant" for my brother's game, which is coming along as we speak. I'm also in a Video Game Development class at Case Western Reserve University (Virtual Worlds Lab (http://www.case.edu/news/2005/8-05/virtual.htm) ). My team is making a computer game, and the genre we chose is puzzle/adventure. So I've got plenty to do. :)

Mad Steve
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
I happen to know for a fact that anybody who says they got past the Palace of Mysteries is LYING! It is 100% IMPOSSIBLE to complete. This CANNOT be refuted; it is absolute TRUTH! I have used the Lens of Truth in all of the rooms that are actually accessible, and it reveals NO way to proceed AT ALL! The farthest one can EVER get in the Palace of Mysteries is the two rooms one can reach by bombing the north and west walls in the room with spikes and conveyors. I have tried to push EVERY block in EVERY room up to this point, to no avail WHATSOEVER! So STOP LYING ABOUT HOW YOU GOT PAST THE PALACE OF MYSTERIES, BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T! NOBODY CAN! THIS QUEST (the rest is mostly illegible, but what can be made out can best be summed up as "random mindless swearing)!!!!11!!one!!!!eleven!!!

Pineconn
12-03-2005, 10:28 PM
:) It is obvious that you did NOT, in fact, push all of the blocks in the room north of the conveyors/spikes room. As a warning, this is the Palace of Mysteries, so be prepared to think outside the box. So push a block you'd most unlikely think to push in the room north of the conveyors/spikes room.

You're up for an excellent dungeon. :)

Mad Steve
12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
If you're talking about the blocks in the corners, they can't be pushed, as they're in the CORNERS. Don't be stupid!
(goes to push the blocks anyway)
Well, son of a gun. It does work. If you'll excuse me for a minute...
(gets back to the dungeon)

Pineconn
12-03-2005, 10:36 PM
:) Push the corner blocks. :) Welcome to the Palace of Mysteries. :)

Well, I'll be here for the next... hour or so... in case you need help. I'll refresh the page every once in a while.

Dan Furst
12-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Please don't be offended, Mad Steve, but that was pretty funny :D

Hopefully this dungeon won't make you too frustrated. The two goals I had in mind while designing this dungeon were to trick you into thinking the dungeon is impossible, and to provide red herrings so that you need to pretty much try everything. I thought it was a refreshing change from the enemy-laden previous dungeons.

Please post any other problems you run into, I'm happy to help.

Dan

Mad Steve
12-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Please don't be offended, Mad Steve, but that was pretty funny. :D

Yeah, that was pretty much the idea. Vent frustration, ask for help, get a laugh out of people, all in one post.

That last battle in the quest most definitely could NOT have been done on the original NES. WAY too much fire!

Pretty intense, but with the gold ring and the Master Sword, I was able to basically just go berserk and kill the poor thing. All it ever wanted to do was reduce me to an unrecognizable pile of ashes. Why did I have to be so mean to it?! :goofy:

jor
12-07-2005, 01:01 PM
The ocarina?
Where ?, what level?

//Jor

Pineconn
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
The whistle is not in any level; instead, it is in the 30th room of the Palace of 50 Trials.

emillissauer
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Having a great time with this quest, but i'm a little confused. I finished level 8, but didn't get the mirror shield. Is it in this level? If so can someone tell me the path to find it because i circled the level numerous times and couldn't find it

erm2003
12-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Having a great time with this quest, but i'm a little confused. I finished level 8, but didn't get the mirror shield. Is it in this level? If so can someone tell me the path to find it because i circled the level numerous times and couldn't find it

No, the Mirror Shield is in the next level. Make your way to the southwest area of the overworld and you will find your way to the next area.

Pineconn
12-15-2005, 07:14 PM

Actually, don't be alarmed to find that you haven't found the Mirror Shield when defeating Ganon. A little storyline twist. ;)

mdambra
12-17-2005, 10:39 PM
I loved the game so far, but now I'm stuck. I've read every thread on here and looked at each clue, but I still don't understand how to find level 5. Where is the maze path screen and what do you see when you look at the white area on the map?

erm2003
12-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Mdambra: Make sure you explore as much of the area with white rocks as possible and then look at the map (hit your map button). You should see something fairly obvious on the map in the white rock area. Use what you see when you find the maze screen in the graveyard.

mdambra
12-18-2005, 02:59 AM
How do you get to the area with the white rocks? I've gone through the first four levels, and I'm pretty sure I got all the items in each one. I have the bow, raft, and ladder. Do you need the hookshot or the hammer to get to the white area? If so, where do you find them?

Pineconn
12-18-2005, 10:26 PM
(BTW, I'm the [younger] brother to the maker of this quest, which explains why I have been helping people out often in this thread.)

Use an arrow on the statue that is on the bridge that goes across the large river in the overworld. This bridge is on the south-most part of the river. Simply go north a few screens to an entrance to a dungeon. Don't go in it (there is nothing you can do). Instead, use the ladder to touch an Armos to continue north. You can't miss it from here. ;)

mdambra
12-22-2005, 08:48 PM
oh man! I didn't realize that you had to come at the statue from the side. I had tried running into them from the bottom to get them to come to life. you guys should change that so they come to life no matter where you touch them, like the other statues.

erm2003
12-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah but why would you try to touch an armos from below unless you had to. Touching an armos from the bottom will damage you. Always find a way to approach from the side.

Pineconn
12-24-2005, 02:00 AM
True, that is rather stupid. Armos Statues and graves have always brought the hurt when you touch the front of them... They really shouldn't.

niknok
01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Have just started to play ..got the boomerang and have roamed around...could anyone please help where i could find the wooden sword..thanks

Dan Furst
01-25-2006, 04:38 AM
You'll have to enter the first dungeon! Note that if you want four hearts, you can actually obtain four heart pieces before starting level 1.

niknok
01-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Thanks Dan. Am in Level 8 at the Palace of Mysteries. I got already the Map. But am stucked at the southwest corner. the room with pushable mirrors. how could I solve this puzzle? I cant use all my items because before I can enter this room there is a red bubble on the right room.

Pineconn
01-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Sent you the PM. :)

Locos_Docos
01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I have had some trouble with this quest for the past 5 days, but after reading them, the posts have guided me through the later palaces. However, I am having trouble finding one final palace. I know of, in no particular order, the following palaces:

Forest Palace, Ice Palace, Shadow Palace, Spirit Palace, Palace of Sand, Palace of Fire, Palace of Water, Palace of Mysteries, Palace of Treasures, Palace of 50 Trials, and Palace of Darkness. I have found all the palaces but the one with 9 statues in on each side of its entrance. Could you tell me what the name of the palace is and where it is?

niknok
01-26-2006, 05:46 PM
The 9 statues on the right side I think that was the Palace of Darkness. If you were able to beat that Palace of Darkness.. you would be given a treasure item that would guide you to the next level....Cloud Palace....but finish first 50trial and Treasure Palaces.Goodluck

Pineconn
01-26-2006, 09:35 PM
The Palace of Darkness is found in that golden mountain area to the SW of Hyrule. It's... hard, to say. As niknok said, good luck. ;)

music5674
02-07-2006, 04:19 AM
i just downloaded the game..where's the sword at....if its at the beginning of level 1 where is that at??? i found one to go in but couldnt do much with just the boomerang :)....thanks!

niknok
02-07-2006, 08:35 AM
if i still can remember..it's up a screen or two and then to the right a few. It's a cavern that you can enter after the palace of treasures..

music5674
02-07-2006, 09:58 PM
interesting....i have gone into a cave just past the 'palace of teasures' and nothing was in it....will try agin..if i cant find it i guess i will give this one up....

Pineconn
02-07-2006, 11:03 PM
To the east of the Palace of Treasures is a green-colored dungeon called the Forest Palace. That is Level 1, where you will find the sword.

Dan Furst
02-08-2006, 07:20 AM
That cave had a guy who gave you bombs.

(Thanks for picking up my slack, Pineconn!)

music5674
02-08-2006, 08:54 PM
ok..i'll go back into Forest Palace,,was in there didnt see a sword in the first few rooms...guess i'll find how far in it is...

music5674
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM
been back in Forest Palace...no sword found...i dont know about this..maybe i need to download it again....

Pineconn
02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Okay. From the entrance of the Forest Palace, go up, left, kill the enemies to nab the key, then back right and unlock the door. Killing the enemies in the next room gets you the compass. The room to the right has a key after killing the enemies, so unlock the north locked door with it. Killing the 4 Keese in the now-unlocked room gets you the map. Go up, then left. You'll be on your way. Remember that Bats, Keese, and Gels can be hurt with the boomerang.

music5674
02-10-2006, 08:20 PM
well i downloaded it again from zeldaclassics...still no sword in Forest Palace...i would think it would be right in the main room as you come in but its not...the one cave that didnt have anything in it i now got bombs from there...but still no sword...cant kill much with the boomerang :(....well ....:)...is there another place to download the game..i didnt see it at purezc site...or i guess i'll give up on trying to play this quest...

Pineconn
02-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Okay. From the entrance of the Forest Palace, go up, left, kill the enemies to nab the key, then back right and unlock the door. Killing the enemies in the next room gets you the compass. The room to the right has a key after killing the enemies, so unlock the north locked door with it. Killing the 4 Keese in the now-unlocked room gets you the map. Go up, then left. You'll be on your way. Remember that Bats, Keese, and Gels can be hurt with the boomerang.

READ MY DESCRIPTION. The sword is deep inside the dungeon, NOT IN THE FIRST ROOM. Follow my post to get the sword. Simple as that.

Wolfman2000
02-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Okay, I'm in the Palace of Fire, and I understand the Goriya hint.

...but which room should I be appreciating them to fight the boss? It seems that just about all of them take me to the upper-right corner, and I can't get the ones in that room to warp me.

Questions
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Where did Ganon take Zelda and hwo do I get there?

bigboylink
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Where did Ganon take Zelda and hwo do I get there?

I'm assuming you're at the end of the game. Did you listen to the old man in the Palace of Darkness?

Questions
02-19-2006, 08:16 PM
He said I had to use the Mirrior Shield but that's all I remember.

bigboylink
02-19-2006, 08:30 PM
If you enable PMs to be sent to you, I can tell you. I'd rather not post a possible spoiler in the thread.

skateboarder11
02-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Thank you for your kind comments, avaquizzer. Blackbun, I believe you are stuck in the Place of Fire, correct? If so, there is an important clue about the Goriya statues in the overworld. Find the overworld cave that is flanked by Goriya statues; it's near your house.

I don't get the hint about the statues. o_O

bigboylink
02-19-2006, 10:57 PM
PMs sent to Questions and skateboarder

Dan Furst
02-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Wolfman2000: Some Goriya statues will help you, and some will hinder you. In the case of the boss room, there are statues (before the boss) that hinder you. You must clear the room before the boss quickly.

Questions: You could always go see the man again!

skateboarder11: If you start a new game, go north. There is a cave with an important pay-for-info person. If you meant you don't understand the hint, just STOP and look at them (in the Fire Palace).

Dan :)

yanksdmb2
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
just 2 questions to start...where is the sword to begin the game and 2nd what do i do when i see a skeleton statue with a sword in his hand how do i get past it?

Pineconn
03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
The sword is in Level 1. You have to go through most of the dungeon without a sword. The Stalfos statue can be destroyed with the sword.

yanksdmb2
03-05-2006, 08:40 PM
how do i get to level 1

Dan Furst
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
It's one screen to the left of the top right corner of the overworld. It's titled "Forest Palace."

Dan

yanksdmb2
03-07-2006, 08:44 PM
thanks 2 more..

1) what are the directions to get to the right of the lost woods(graveyard) and still have no idea how to get to level 5...i thought it was to the left by those gold statues but that was to level 9...i went past level 8 but now im stuck...is level 5 to the right of the lost graveyard?

Dan Furst
03-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, it is. There is a "guy" in a cave that gives you a hint how to reach level 5. The hint is to use the overworld map (spacebar) to find clues. This is how you'll find the directions.

yanksdmb2
03-08-2006, 02:09 PM
thanks I figured it out...another question...i have 12 hearts...where and how do i get the master sword(3rd level sword)? is it in the palace of treasures? alsohow many hearts do I need? also is level 6 hard? i've gone through it but haven't gotten to the left side of the map..also is the 50 trials hard?

Dan Furst
03-09-2006, 07:22 AM
You can eventually buy the Magic Sword (lv. 3 sw.) but you'll have to find the Master Sword (lv. 4 sw.). There is no "minimum number" of hearts required to pick up swords. The Spirit Palace can be hard if you don't think about it a little. Don't do the Palace of 50 Trials until at least after Level 6. The last 10 rooms are killer.

Entering Level 6, you could have up to 14 hearts, fyi.

yanksdmb2
03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
beat level 6...do i have to do anything with the giant question mark at the beginning of the game? also where can I find the lens of truth

Dan Furst
03-09-2006, 11:54 PM
You don't HAVE to do anything with the question mark, although you can. The Lens of Truth is not accessible to you yet.

Dan

yanksdmb2
03-10-2006, 12:34 AM
do i have to go to the beginning of the game to find out what the hint is from the guy north of the start screen? im already in level 7 got the book i guess can't do anything north of it and got the boss key...

Dan Furst
03-10-2006, 01:06 AM
One of those hints says that you should try pushing blocks in the ice palace.

yanksdmb2
03-10-2006, 01:11 AM
i got it...i went out to get it...i'm still stuck on how to get to teh northwestern area of level 7...what part of the map do i need to push a block? i tried the bottom left and up left but nothing...also having trouble getting to the boss...i came to a room with a diamond on the wall...i went to the other side of the diamond and tried bombing but nothing.. on the other side and I couldn't move any blocks to open the boss door..please help me out...thanks

Dan Furst
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
There is one particular block that opens a passageway. The room kind of looks like there is a path to an empty corner. It's not in the bottom-left or top-left. :)

yanksdmb2
03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
figured it out thanks...level 8 palace of mysteries looks challenging...got a room in the beginning where i can't get the key to advance...also what's the weapon you get at the end of the palace of 50 trials and is there a weapon to get in that palace? also where's the gold ring? i have the red ring but think i am gonna need the gold one to beat the 50 trials

yanksdmb2
03-10-2006, 08:14 PM
im stuck at the toughest part so far in teh game...i have no idea how to get past the knights that fire swords and the like like he keeps on eating my shield...how do i get past that part? i know im supposed to wait till the goriyas transfer me but everytime they hit me i lose 2-3 hearts i think..do i need to move and stand somewhere?

Pineconn
03-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, the Like Like is the most important enemy in that screen. The fact that it starts very close to the door means its placement is important, too. Note the Goriya Statues. That must mean you have to live long enough for them to transfer you. (I also heard that Like Likes prevent you from getting hurt somehow...)

That should be enough. ;)