PDA

View Full Version : The 12 Palaces FAQs

Pages : 1 [2]

yanksdmb2
03-11-2006, 06:04 PM
so what does that exactly mean? what do i do when i enter the room? do i have to move next to the like like or stun them with my hook shot or something? also how do they protect me? do you mean let them grab me?

yanksdmb2
03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
ok i got past the room with the 9 things and the like like...got the key...now i have 2 keys now where do I go?

yanksdmb2
03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
3 more questions..

1) where is the gold ring and how to i get it?
2) is there a weapon after beating the 50 trials...what's the best way to get past it?
3) i came to a board in the graveyard where there are 6 pegs to hammer down and there is a secret passage but how do i open it? do i have to hit the pegs in some order and if so in which order?

yanksdmb2
03-12-2006, 06:03 PM
got the gold ring...

is there a weapon after you beat the 50 trials?
where do i get the 4th level sword?

Mad Steve
03-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Yes, there is a weapon you get by going all the way through the Palace of 50 Trials. Conveniently enough, it just happens to be the very sword you're looking for.

yanksdmb2
03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
what's the best way/weapon to get past the 50 trials? i get peppered alot...do you think the magic shield and gold ring will help me pass it?

yanksdmb2
03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
got past the 50 trials...forgot what the guy who gave me the mirror said...how do i get to the palace in the clouds

Pineconn
03-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Somewhere in the golden rock area you can reflect the beams back at the statues and a transporter will be revealed. That will take you... pretty close to the Palace of the Clouds.

yanksdmb2
03-14-2006, 11:14 PM
how long does it take the transporter to appear? how many times do i have to reflect the beams? which statue is it? is it the one right near the palace of darkness?

Pineconn
03-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Oi. Instantly, once, somewhere to the right of Level 9, and no.

qwertybob
04-11-2006, 04:09 AM
i'm in level 8... can anyone tell me where the flippers are? i think i need them to continue

Pineconn
04-11-2006, 09:10 PM
They are. Dan can help you with the specific location, but, use the Lens of Truth to find bombable walls. Because there are so many bombable walls in this dungeon, you probably missed at least one.

Katuko
04-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I need some help in the Palace of Mysteries. I've got the boss key, the flippers, and all ites except the silver/golden arrows, + Din's Fire, nayru's Love and Farore's Wind (I'm not sure if they even are in this quest). Now, I'm searching desperately for the boss of this dungeon. I've used the lens of Thruth in the whole palace, but I just can't find the stupid boss door! The quest is awesome, and the puzzles are tricky, but I hate it when I end up walking around WITHOUT THE MAP! (I've got the map, but it doesn't show the rooms, just a question mark.)

Can somebody tell me (without all those vague hints) how to get to the boss, when I've got the treasures I need?

<(Katuko)>

Pineconn
04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, the flippers are the only item in it. To find the boss door, use the compass! It'll show you the Triforce (heh, sort of... you'll see what I mean ;) ), so the boss is obviously one room away from it. The Compass is in the room with the compass floor after killing the enemies.

Dan Furst
04-13-2006, 01:40 AM
It's been a little while since I checked this forum.

qwertybob: The flippers are in the southwest region of level 8.

Katuko: In case you hadn't noticed, the map is inverted, so you can go anywhere not on the map. If you can't remember where you've been, you could make a little map on a piece of paper. It's 8x8 and you start in the very bottom right.

You might need another key or two, that's why I told you that. The boss room is just north of the center of the dungeon, and is accessed from the west section.

Also, the magic spells are not in the game.

If you guys are still lost, keep posting. I'll check back.

Dan

Katuko
04-13-2006, 05:51 AM
I can see where the room is, but there's a room I can't pass:
The room right underneath the left tip of the question mark on the map. The room is empty, except a block and a trigger. I've got the Power Glove, but still I can't move it! The Lens of Truth flashes n the trigger, but nothing else. No bombable walls or anything. How do I pass this room?

Dan Furst
04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
That block doesn't move. It's a red herring. Try standing on every square in that room an observe what happens.

Hint: Bottom right area.

Katuko
04-13-2006, 12:27 PM
I found the block now, and got the Triforce in this dungeon. I've gone through some of the Palace of Darkness too. (When i first entered the Triforce room, I was like "WTF! Where is it!? :mad: " Then I used the Lens of Thruth and found it, so I'm ready for the dark temple. :D )

Pineconn
04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
:D That's why I said:

To find the boss door, use the compass! It'll show you the Triforce (heh, sort of... you'll see what I mean ;) )

;) Yes, the Palace of Darkness is... not easy.

the_texas_teacu
04-24-2006, 01:42 PM
So I have been playing this quest all weekend, and let me say that it is awesome. I have played through the first 11 palaces and I think I have every item except the second bomb expansion. I still can only hold 12 bombs/3 superbombs. Did I miss sometihng?

I have all 20 hearts the yellow ring, the master sword and everything else. Seems like the bombs should have been easy to find. Help. I don't like to finish without finding everything.

Dan Furst
04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
There is only one bomb upgrade :)

njg
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I am in level 8 and stuck. I have the flippers and the boss key, been through the entire level except the area inside the question mark. There is a room with a block and a spce with an X in it but I cannot move the block.
Where is the lens of truth?
Where is the red ring?
Where is the silver arrow?
How do I access the two caves with large boulders? Are super bombs avaiable?
Is the red candle available?
Is the fire boomer available?

Pineconn
03-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I am in level 8 and stuck. I have the flippers and the boss key, been through the entire level except the area inside the question mark. There is a room with a block and a spce with an X in it but I cannot move the block.

Don't push the block - it's a red herring. Instead, the block that you need to push onto the space is invisible...

Where is the lens of truth?

In the Palace of Treasures.

Where is the red ring?

...In the Palace of Treasures.

Where is the silver arrow?

Don't worry about it yet. It's coming up.

How do I access the two caves with large boulders? Are super bombs avaiable?

Yes. From the entrance of Level 8, follow the river E, S, E, E, E, E, E, N, and E. Then go north on this screen and go in the cave. You can purchase Super Bombs in that cave.

Is the red candle available?

The Palace of Treasures.

Is the fire boomer available?

:eyebrow: The Palace of Treasures.

Yeah. In case you forgot, the Palace of Treasures is only three screens east and one screen north from the start of the overworld.

Blues Singer
03-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Where can I download this game??????

njg
03-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks Pineconn, I completely forgot about the palace of treasures

njg
03-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Blues Singer, see file attached.

Pineconn
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks Pineconn, I completely forgot about the palace of treasures

Heh, yeah. Getting all the items in the Palace of Treasures will greatly lower the difficulty you're facing. :tongue:

JP Blanchette
03-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm having trouble with The Shadow Palace. I have four keys and I need to know how to get the other keys! Every area I went to is blocked and I can't advance any further!

4matsy
03-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm having trouble with The Shadow Palace. I have four keys and I need to know how to get the other keys! Every area I went to is blocked and I can't advance any further!

Check the dark rooms for keys; every dark room has one key.

I think there're 6 keys/dark rooms in total, so you're almost there. :p

JP Blanchette
03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Check the dark rooms for keys; every dark room has one key.

I think there're 6 keys/dark rooms in total, so you're almost there. :p

That I know, there is this one dark room one screen -->and one screen south of the Lanmola room that I can't get to. I was able to defeat the enemies with the Sword Beam and when I pushed the bolck the stairs appeared, but I can't push the block any further! Is there any way to get to this dark room?

Pineconn
03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I know what you mean. Go to the direct center of the skeleton, in the room where you got the map (a small ring of water is in the center of the room; some Darknuts, Gibdos, and a Bat litter the floors). Bomb the southern wall.

JP Blanchette
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I know what you mean. Go to the direct center of the skeleton, in the room where you got the map (a small ring of water is in the center of the room; some Darknuts, Gibdos, and a Bat litter the floors). Bomb the southern wall.
Thanks, I've finally got the six keys to get the dungeon Item.

JP Blanchette
03-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm in the Ice Palace. In the Northwest corner area of the Level, there is a room that I can't reach, its a room north of where I got the Magic book. Is there a way to get to it?

Pineconn
03-27-2007, 04:09 PM
No.

;)

Of course. You need to go to the 3rd-to-last room in the SE arm of the dungeon. There is a Bubble and some Darknuts. Push a block; a stairway will appear.

JP Blanchette
03-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm in the Palace of Mysteries and I've seem to be in a fix...
I'm in a room with a large pond with a blue colored water in it. I was wondering how I can get to it?

Pineconn
03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Level 3. :)

JP Blanchette
03-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Level 3. :)

Okay! Got it!

Now after the room with the Manhandla(with limited footspace) in the east room, there is a block that I can't push. It is supposed to open the door once the block is on the trigger floor. How do I move that block?

Pineconn
03-28-2007, 10:01 PM
You don't move that block. Keep searching the room. ;)

Dan Furst
03-30-2007, 03:46 PM
That is probably my favorite room. :D

Actually I take that back. The fouth to last room of Level 9 is my favorite.

Good to see people are still playing my game. :cool:

Dan

JP Blanchette
04-15-2007, 07:40 AM
It's been a while, but... I want to know where the Mirror Shield is located?

Pineconn
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
At the very end of Level 9. You can't miss it.

JP Blanchette
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, I've finally completed this quest. It was fun, challenging and great.

You know, I was wondering how you make those Goriya Statues warp you to another area? I wanted to do something like that.

I give this quest 5/5.

Pineconn
04-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Simple, simple, simple. Go to Data -> Screen Data, and check out the bottom-most box. It is a counter that will warp you to a different screen via a side warp. Sixty tics is one second. Do not set a trigger for the side warp, though.

DarkLink867
07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, Im stuck in Level 6. I need the hookshot and cant find it. Great quest. I searched all rooms to no avail. pls help

DarkLink867
07-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Never mind. eventually found it. guys hint helped a lot (once I actually used it).

DarkLink867
07-12-2007, 10:50 AM
i'm now stuck in palace of mysteries. I'm in the room with the blocks that you push to activate a staircase. The problem is, how do you get inside once the blocks are pushed

DarkLink867
07-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Nevermind again

Dan Furst
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Um, glad I could help. :laughing:

Russ
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm stuck on level 2. I can't seem to find the key to open up the palace. Where could I locate said key.

Dan Furst
07-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Look in the overworld desert for a screen with many peahats and a pushblock.

Nickrj
02-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey Dan.

I'm stuck at the Palace Of Water. I need a key to get past the room with the 3 Dodognos and I can't find one. Can you help?

Dan Furst
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Heh, you got fooled by the shallow water. :) Just go south from the dodongos.

Nickrj
02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Ok. How do I get past the lost graveyard? I saw that there's a man who says someone with a birds eye view should help me but it isn't.

erm2003
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
There are rock or tree formations to the west of the graveyard area that form 4 arrows to show you how to get through the maze. Use your map to view it. Make sure you visited those screens first.

Dan Furst
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, the westernmost "white" area.

Nickrj
02-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Ok. Now I need help clearing level 8.

In the southeast there are blocks you have to push into the X's. Is there a way you can push them in and get inside into the staircase or is that just a red herring?

Andrya
02-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Dan,

Great quest; I am really enjoying it so far. I'm not too far into it and am having trouble figuring out what to do, however. I have beaten the Forest Dungeon and gotten the sword and blue candle. I've been wandering around, burning things and finding secrets and heart pieces, I've found some shops, and a few other dungeons, but I can't get into any of the dungeons. I'm not sure which I'm supposed to go for next (how can you tell which number the dungeon is?). All of the ones I've found, I cannot get far in as I need a stepladder or something to that effect. The sand dungeon seems to be the only one I could get into if I had a key, but I can't find one (I tried going outside and to the west as somebody said in the thread, no dice!). Any tips or hints for me to figure out what to do? Thanks so much!

Nickrj
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi Andrea.

Two spaces left of the sand palace there are a bunch of peahats. Kill them all to open a staircase which will give you a key.

Dan Furst
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Ninkrj: Yes, you can get to that staircase to obtain a key.

Andrea: You can tell the level number by the number of statues on one half of the first room. The sand palace has 2 on the left and 2 on the right. It's Level 2.

Nickrj
02-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok I finished level 8 but now I need the silver arrows to continue. where are they?

Pineconn
02-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Actually, the silver arrow is in Level 9. Just make your way through the golden maze in the overworld, and you'll eventually find the entrance to Level 9.

Nickrj
02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I just beat the quest! great job Dan!

Dan Furst
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Cool. Did you get all of the heart pieces?

JP Blanchette
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Say Dan Furst, Great Quest! I beat this quest several months ago and never had the chance to say so. I was wondering if you are going to make a remake of this quest? If you like, I can do it for you.

Nickrj
02-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Not quite Dan. I'm missing one heart container.

Dan Furst
02-16-2008, 10:46 PM
No, not doing a remake. Honestly, I think it's just fine the way it is.

Maybe I'll make a heart piece map some day. Know, however, that it is possible to obtain exactly 4 heart pieces after collecting each level's item (and maybe the corresponding Palace-of-Treasures-item).

AxmKap
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Is the hookshot in level 6? I'm assuming it has to be and I looked through the history of this thread but I'm not having much luck locating the item. I found two keys so far. I'm trying to figure out the clue in that level as well.

Dan Furst
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
The man said, "Don't be fooled by three bats." You must kill said bats and all will become clear.

Also, if you notice, the dungeon is symmetrical about it's vertical centerline.

AxmKap
02-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Yep, I figured that out very shortly after I wrote that question. That always seems to happen.

Now I'm in the Ice Level (7) and I have the boss key, and wand. However I do not have flippers or a mirror sheild yet. Do I need to worry about the magic Wizzrobes? Obviously without a mirror sheild I can't beat them, but do I need to move a block in that room? I just need a hint and roughly where to push a block to get me to the boss. Thanks.

Dan Furst
02-26-2008, 02:03 AM
The flippers and magic shield will come later. The block to push is in the southeastern "arm."

AxmKap
03-02-2008, 04:13 PM
So far in level 9 I found the silver arrows and made my way to the southwest corner room (from above). Is there a secret I'm missing to get by? I can see a block that the wand would take care of but I can't seem to get in the room where I can actually shoot it.

I have the whistle but what is the trick invovling that passage in the ground near the river (near the middle of the overworld)? The lens obviously shows something underneath but I thought the whistle would open that up.

Finally, are there any other levels to revisit in order to access stuff in the pools with the flippers? I completed level 8 so I did go to level 2 to get the boss key.

Thanks... and this quest has been a lot of fun, I liked the 50 trials (haven't gotten all the way through it yet though).

AxmKap
03-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Nevermind about the level 9 part... duh I must have been too tired the first time I tried that. Still curious about the other stuff though

Dan Furst
03-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Is there any way you can post a screenshot of "that passage in the ground near the river"? The river winds everywhere, and I'm not sure what you mean. You could also give me a coordinate number of the screen.

The only palace you have to revisit is Water.

Glad you had fun!

Crackers
03-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Can someone tell me where the bow is? I'm in lv3 and can't seem to find it but think I need it here. I asked this a long time ago but deleted the pm.

Dan Furst
03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
The bow is in level 4 (fire). In level 3 (water), you are looking for the raft.

Crackers
03-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Sorry, I meant to say I was in lv4 but need the bow which I can't find. I keep going to the same rooms over and over (like the upper ones;)

Dan Furst
03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
At the first branch after the "fuse" part, you need to go left to get a key, then go down. Here you will do a little loop on the right side to get a key. From the only room with 4 doors, go left, down, left, up. It is inside of the "diamond" of blocks. There is a timed battle w/ the goriya statues, so you must complete it in under 20 seconds to advance.

Crackers
03-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I hate to say it but I give up. I'm stuck in lv8 in the room with the death knights and like like. I read the posts on how to get past this but haven't had any luck and am tired of starting over in the dungeon. I did have fun but now it's just a little bit too hard. Maybe that's why I quit last time. If you ever make another quest I will be happy to play it.

Pineconn
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Hm. All you have to do is walk into the Like Like. Link will be invulnerable until he is warped out by the Goriya statues, so no fighting is involved at all.

Dan Furst
03-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah, maybe there could have been a guy with a hint for that.

Oh well! It's a mystery.

Crackers
03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Hm. All you have to do is walk into the Like Like. Link will be invulnerable until he is warped out by the Goriya statues, so no fighting is involved at all.

Okay, I can try it again. Will I be able to finish without my shield?

Dan Furst
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
;) There's a shield in the next room.

Crackers
03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Duh, I got it after I tried it again. I also got a key and went into the room next to the one with the blue bubble and the red one that takes away all your items except sword. I need my "stuff" in this room, especially the wand I think. There is a really fast octorok in the corner and wall master. How do I beat this room?

Actually the same as post #211. He said it much better than I did.

Dan Furst
03-06-2008, 04:17 PM
You need to align the mirrors so that, when the Octorock shoots, the shot gets reflected onto the brick wall.

Crackers
03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow, I can't believe that I'm in lv9. Thanks for all the help in getting me here.

Dan Furst
03-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Sure. Not too many tricks in level 9. Well, maybe one or two.

Crackers
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Maybe not too many tricks but very very hard. I still can't find the mirror shield. Sure could use it. Have had to use so many potions that I have to keep leaving and going back. Why put the mirror shield in if it's so hard to find and it's an item you really really need, at least I do.:rolleyes: Have been by the boss room where you have tons of enemies that I just can't get past. Bet it's thru the door on the right.

Dan Furst
03-08-2008, 01:19 AM
You will get the mirror shield, but not when you expect it.

What I'm saying is, don't worry if you can't seem to find it. You absolutely can't miss it.

Edit: What sword and ring do you have?

Crackers
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I finally beat this quest!!!!!!!! Wow, those robes in the palace in the clouds was tough but I did it. This is a great quest although a bit harder than I normally do. Had a lot of hours of fun. The help you gave was terrific. Thanks for making it.

Dan Furst
03-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats :)

chip_on
03-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm stuck in the Ice Palace - Level 7. I've been in all 4 arms and in every room except the Boss room. I have the boss key. First, should i have the whistle at this point to kill the (not sure what their names are) big floating circles?

Second - in the room where the boss door is, I see a block than looks like it can be moved. this is the room that also shows a diamond on the left wall. Nothing I do seems to allow me to push any of the block and I can't seem to get into this room from the other side. How do I get to the Boss Door. I have the wand, magic mirror, blue gloves and I think everything before this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind - I figured it out - Now on to Level 8

AxmKap
03-14-2008, 08:22 PM
This quest is the bomb! I usually judge a quest on whether or not I'd play it again and I'm about to give it another go (I have the flu therefore I have time on my hands). This quest forces you to think and be creative and sometimes that's much better than spending hours looking for a level or facing a room full of blue darknuts with a crappy sword.

I got a kick out of this quest because the first three levels were teasers and then its like, "Oh we were just kidding, now we're gonna get serious!"

Dan, I'll PM you regarding the secret passages in the ground (the lens locates them but I can't get in there). I'll send you the coordinates when I have a chance. Thanks.

AxmKap
03-17-2008, 12:48 AM
What is the $50 cross for? Does it give you a special power?

Dan Furst
03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
About your private message: bomb!!

The cross lets you see invisible enemies. I honestly don't remember where I put invisible enemies, I think maybe level 7 or something.

akigandler
03-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Dan - great quest, I've really enjoyed it! I've gotten through level 8, but am a little puzzled by one of the below ground levels. There is one in the upper left quadrant that you can only access once you get the flippers. There is a shop to by "big bombs" from. I've gotten through to the last door, but can't figure out what I need to open it. Please advise. Thanks!

akigandler
03-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Nevermind...just figured it out. It's a boss key. Thanks!

akigandler
03-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Awesome quest, Dan! Thanks for the couple hours of fun. Well done!

lucky880711
03-24-2008, 04:23 PM
great quest, finished it today in about 9 hours with 4 deaths. the palace of mysteries was the most fun i have had in a long time. Where is the blue ring; i never found it just found the red ring. whoops:D

Dan Furst
03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Pretty sure it was in the palace of treasures, like the red one!

Bobbie
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I have a question about this quest. I am in the Shadow Palace and have yet to find a shield. I have gone all this way without a shield or any potion. Can someone tell me where to find both of them?

Thanks

Dan Furst
06-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Bobbie. Once you acquire the hammer, you can buy a shield and potions! There is a cave in the desert near level 2 that is surrounded by hammer posts. They sell the shield and potions there.

However, you could have gotten potions ever since finding the raft! From the southern end of the river-rafting trip, go left, up, up, up, up, left, up. You can bomb a wall here to get the letter. The man tells you where to find the woman who sells (much cheaper) potions. She lives in an open cave.

Dan

Bobbie
06-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks Dan

I had already found the map and gotten potions and I got the blue ring. That sure did make it easier to get the hammer. I will go and buy a shield now and I'l be all set to do more of the quest. I am having fun. Thank you for the great quest! I am enjoying it very much. I played both of your brother's quests also. You are both very good quest makers. :)

Pineconn
06-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Many of the puzzles that you may consider to be "good" in LttH were likely made by Dan, anyway. :blah:

Bobbie
06-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Excellent puzzles in all 3 quests!

Which way to the palace after the Shadow palace. I can't find it?

Pineconn
06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
From the overworld entrance of Level 5, head left, up, left, down, left (you are now in the graveyard maze screen), left, up, up, left, left, left, and left. Use the hammer on the hammer posts, and the entrance to Level 6 is only a few screens away. Of course, before entering the dungeon, you likely have a little business to take care of (e.g., Palace of Treasures).

Bobbie
06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the directions. I already took care of the Palace of Treasures. :)

Bobbie
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
I am at the end of Level 8 and can't find my way to the get the Boss key. I am in the room with the water warp and Boss key and I went to the other room and warped in the water and got a key. I thought it would be the Boss key but I am at the Boss room door and don't have the key. How do I get into the right warp that takes me to the Boss key that I am on the other side of that room now?

What other palace do I need to go that is connected with Level 8?

Dan Furst
07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
The man says Level 8 is connected to another palace, and then asks you what item you just got. Hint: It's a water warp. :)

Bobbie
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Well, I realized that it is a water warp, I just can't find where at?

I really don't want to have to go back through every Palace to look for a water warp. I have already gone back through Levels 7 & 6. Could you PM me and tell me where the water warp is at please?

I found it. Thank you

dafeedil
07-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Uggg, I'm completely stuck without a key in level 8. I got the flippers, the boss key and the water warp key, but just need one more to get into the room with the lock block and locked door, I unlocked the block but am short a key for the door. I think I've been in every room but can't find one. There is one room where there's water to swim across to get to the other side, and the room has a small square spike floor and a larger spike floor to the left of the smaller one. Is there something I do in there? Also, I made it almost all the way thru the 50 Trials, on the last row of rooms down after defeating the sword shooting darknut. I went to the room below where the fairy was and I got stuck right as I got thru the door, I couldn't move so I had to save and quit. I'm just wondering if I have to finish the 50 trials to finish the game? If I can't find this stupid key in level 8 then I'll have to get 900 some bucks to buy a key ...........................:scared::scared:

Bobbie
07-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Daf

When I was a short a key in that same place I went back through the rooms and found a room with some water and I dove into it found a key. Did you already get that one?

dafeedil
07-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I got the one that you had to dive into thru the water palace, you mean there's another key in a room with water in it? Can you see it with the lens? I hate to give up on a game just because I'm short a key :uhoh: I don't remember finding any key in a water room, I'll have to go back and check. Thanks Bobbie!

Dan Furst
07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
From the entrance, go up, left, down, left, up, up, right, up, left. Then you can warp to find a key!

I'm not sure how you could get stuck in a door in the 50 Trials, but that was the very end. There is some money and the best sword at the end. It's not necessary to do, but you should be able to use the key found within to warp to trial #40. Some of the enemies will not be back, so it will be a little easier, too.

(Nothing to do in the water and spike room.) :)

enigmatic8
09-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm having a bit of problems in shadow palace.I currently have 4 of the 6 keys necessary for the dungeon item but i can't seem to get to the west side of the dungeon(the part where it looks like he's holding a stick) due to blocks that i can't seem to get past. I have tried to bomb a few places but to no avail.

enigmatic8
09-12-2008, 12:26 AM
double post my apologies i got it

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-24-2009, 07:24 PM
ok how do i get past the maze that leads to level 5? I tried using the birds eye view hint but I need the exact directions please. Great quest so far.

Pineconn
01-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Bring up the overworld map. Take a look around the white (graveyard) area at zoom level 0.13. Something should pop out.

Dan Furst
01-25-2009, 01:54 AM
The rocks in the west part of the white area make arrows. :)

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok Now I am in level 6 and seem to be 1 key short. I already have the hookshot from this level. Finding this last key is a real pain in the ass. I have been in every room that is possible.

Dan Furst
01-25-2009, 05:05 PM
This dungeon has 7 "columns" of rooms, and there is a key or item at the top of each column. Keys after the hookshot are in the rightmost and center. However, you could get 2 keys before the hookshot, and you need only 1 to get it. Those keys are on either side of the center.

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Ok I think there is a glitch in this quest. Once I got the flippers and left level 8 I can not re enter for some reason. I am using zelda classic version 928

So what is the deal here? Thanks for the help right now I guess I will go back and try to finish level 6.

Dan Furst
01-27-2009, 09:57 PM
This quest was built in 2.10 - historically, new versions of ZClassic are not 100% compatible with older quests. Therefore, you should use the same version that the quest was built with. (The version is listed on the download page.) Additionally, the developers should be made aware of compality bugs between versions.

Fortunately, you are not totally screwed. Enter level 3 and find the dive warp - this is how you get level 8's boss key. Then press F6 and "continue" - you'll be at the start of level 8.

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks greatly for the help. Sadly I can not find the mirror shield or the level 4 sword. I have been in every room in level 9 except for the gannon room and the rescue princess room. Also in the palace of trials after I beat the death knight and go south in that fairy room Link just gets stuck and it will not let me proceed. What is going on there? All of your help Dan is greatly appreciated. So far I would rank 12 palaces right there with molka and link's decision as my favorite quests.

Dan Furst
01-28-2009, 04:13 PM
The L4 sword is at the end of the palace of 50 trials. I imagine there is some kind of other compatibility bug in the new betas regarding flippers/water and entering a dungeon room from the top...? The best that I can suggest is play in 2.10 :(

You're not supposed to know about the mirror shield yet; go to Gannon without it. :)

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
zelda classic 2.10 does not work on my laptop infected with vista :(

Dan Furst
01-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I can look at the bug later and post about it. Then it would be an issue of the developers fixing it and releasing a new build that you could use.

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah a new build that works with this quest would be great for me. I did enjoy the 14 hours that I did work on this quest. It is in my top 3 for sure. Just send me a pm if you hear about a new build that will work on my laptop vista.

Sherilyn Ball
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Hello Dan, if you are still around, I am playing your 12 Palaces and am stuck in level 3. I have been in every room except the one just at the entrance which requires a key. I have killed all ennemies and can't seem to find it. Is there a key that is in an unusual place? Help!!!:odd:

Sherilyn Ball
04-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Funny thing about this asking for help thing, as soon as you do it seems you figure something out. I bombed the east wall and off I go. Thanks for the fun game!!!! :redface:

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
12-18-2009, 05:02 AM
ok well i want to play this quest again but in shardstorms builds you can not go south into fairy rooms and when you kill enemies that split they turn into old men so what do i do am i just SOL?

kris1800
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
i cant figure out the maze in the graveyard and i have been everywere help please

Pineconn
09-27-2010, 02:02 AM
If this isn't too late, you need to bring the map up (by pressing the spacebar), and look in the mountain formations in the graveyard for four arrows. These will be the directions for the maze.

codylmurphy
10-31-2010, 01:04 AM
This is a great quest. I have become stuck. I can not find level 8. I've visited the Palace of Mysteries, and Level 3 to see the water warps but I can not find the flippers anywhere so I can't access these warps. I don't know what else to do. On the overworld map there is one screen i haven't visited yet due to needing the flippers and I'm assuming that is where level 8 is/ Reading 39 pages of this thread didnt answer my question, due to cryptic answers that I don't understand lol. Where is level 8! Where are the flippers!

randomzero
11-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Great job on this. I got stuck on level 5 for a while(needed the key in the very first dark room, as it turned out), but I'm past that now. What I'm wondering is where the Magic Sword is and/or if I can get it after 5 and before 6?

randomzero
11-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Nevermind. You have to get it after level 6. New problem. How do you get past the bat room in 50 trials?

ThirdOfAugust
11-07-2010, 08:21 AM
You have to kill the Wizzrobes that are producing the bats. If you got the Boots earlier in the Palace you can walk on the spikes in that room without taking damage. However, this drains your Magic Meter instead (you will then take damage if you are standing on spikes when your Magic Meter runs out), but the Bats should produce enough Magic Jars to keep you afloat until you kill the Wizzrobes.

randomzero
11-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks, will give it a try.

randomzero
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
50 Trials again: The room in the top left corner. It has 3 wizrobes, a couple of bats(I think), and I think it also had a dragon. I can't figure out how to kill the wizrobes. I hit the "rocks"/mirror-like things with the wand and when the beams bounce it seems to hurt them, but I'm not sure if it just takes a lot of hits or if there's something more to it than that. Oh, and when the beams hit my shield, they kind of bounce off and dissipate but don't hurt them, either.

ThirdOfAugust
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
There are two ways to kill those Wizzrobes. The first way is to shoot a Magic Wand shot off the reflectors and let the beams kill 'em. That's the long way, though. The faster (but harder) way is to let the Wizzrobe fire at you and have its own magic reflect off the reflectors and kill themselves; their magic is way stronger than the Magic Wand's. The Mirror Shield would also work, but by the time you get the Mirror Shield, you should have long completed the Palace of 50 Trials.

codylmurphy
11-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm still stuck, any insights!? :)

randomzero
11-08-2010, 05:27 AM
cody: Level 8 is the Palace of Mysteries(the one with water surrounding it that you passed to get to earlier ones). You get the flippers in there, as well.

Also, thanks ToA. What I thought, but was taking so long that I didn't know if there was more to it or not.

randomzero
11-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Just finished this quest. I got all 3 rows of hearts and all items. It was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Great job.

If I had a complaint, it'd be that damn raft trip taking so long early on. lol.

codylmurphy
11-09-2010, 03:20 AM
I must be missing a key. I feel like buying one. Can't find a key to open the door in the palace of mysteries that has the row of blocks that you can actually walk through in front of it.

ThirdOfAugust
11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
@ Cody

Did you bomb south from the room where you fought Patra? If I remember right, solving the puzzle in that room yields a key. I somehow missed that room for about a solid two weeks when I first played this quest.

mjciani916
11-13-2010, 04:27 PM
This is a great quest, first of all. Thank you for making it Dan.

A question...kinda odd one...I am on Level 7 and have the wand and magic book, but I have no magic meter and can't use that or the red candle. Where am I supposed to find something to give me a magic meter??? Or is it a bug maybe on the version I am running? Thanks for any help.

Mike

mjciani916
11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Nevermind...figured out it was the version of ZC I was running causing the problem.

mjciani916
12-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I have been trying for weeks now to finish the Palace of Mysteries, but I keep getting stuck in the room with immovable block in the middle of the room and there is an open spot with an X in the upper left corner that flashes when I use the Lens of Truth. I know you can't move the block up there, and I have tried every other weapon on that spot in the corner. How do I get passed this room? I'm ready to throw the towel in almost here!!! LOL

Pineconn
12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
If I remember correctly, one of the floor tiles is a solid block. Sweep the room and look for it. Rather tricky, I must say. :p

bjnartowt
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi all, I am stuck on Palace of Mysteries: room in northeast corner with a bunch of sword-shooting death knights. Dan Furst said the trick is to stay alive long enough for the Goriya statues to warp you. He told me to pay attention to where the Death Knights all start: and apparently they all start along the north wall of the room. But how is that supposed to help me dodge them? I can't stay still long enough for the Goriya statues to warp me. Do I need to be standing still? Is there some sweet spot where the Death Knights won't get me? There doesn't seem to be one. Suggestions? I keep getting slaughtered. I could simply hammer the Death Knights to death and quaff two Waters of Life....I almost had them dead.....that may be my only option... :-P

mjciani916
12-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Very tricky indeed, Pineconn. Thank you for the tip!!! :googly:

Mike

If I remember correctly, one of the floor tiles is a solid block. Sweep the room and look for it. Rather tricky, I must say. :p

mjciani916
12-27-2010, 08:03 PM
There's a Like-Like in that room as well with the Death Knights. He is the key to surviving long enough for the statues to warp you.

Mike

Hi all, I am stuck on Palace of Mysteries: room in northeast corner with a bunch of sword-shooting death knights. Dan Furst said the trick is to stay alive long enough for the Goriya statues to warp you. He told me to pay attention to where the Death Knights all start: and apparently they all start along the north wall of the room. But how is that supposed to help me dodge them? I can't stay still long enough for the Goriya statues to warp me. Do I need to be standing still? Is there some sweet spot where the Death Knights won't get me? There doesn't seem to be one. Suggestions? I keep getting slaughtered. I could simply hammer the Death Knights to death and quaff two Waters of Life....I almost had them dead.....that may be my only option... :-P

bjnartowt
12-29-2010, 04:48 AM
Yes! It worked: the Like-Like made me invincible. I didn't know they did that...

Anyways! I beat the Palace of Mysteries, and have the complete Triforce of Wisdom, and have picked up this neat-o fire-boomerang from the Palace of Treasures. Seems though I have to visit a dungeon with the Silver Arrow to make it past these weird spike-blob things. Can you give me a tiny hint as to where that last dungeon is?

Oh yeah: also, should I have completed the Palace of 50 Trials by now? I have made it as far as the lone Death-Knight after the red Manhandler thingie, but no further (those Death Knights do a TON of damage!).

bjnartowt
12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Oops, never mind! I am in Palace of Darkness: didn't know you could get in the Palace of Darkness without the Silver Arrow. But my question about the Palace of 50 Trials remains!

Pineconn
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
I believe that the room with the Death Knight is the last room in the Palace of 50 Trials. Also, I'm pretty sure that you don't HAVE to complete it, but you get a darn good item if you do.

bjnartowt
12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes! I beat the game. I'm missing only one Heart Piece : ) awesome quest. really emphasizes the spirit of zelda.

BunnySMG
08-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Well, it's been a while since the last post, but I'll ask anyway. I figured out how to move the blocks into the smiley face on the one screen with the 8 blocks to get a secret, but there is a room above that one where if you use the magic mirror it shows the same pattern is active, but there are no blocks in the room. Is this room just a red herring? I can't seem to figure it out and I'm one key short of getting to the boss in that dungeon.

BTW, I'm talking about the Palace of Mysteries here.

Pineconn
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM
The screen with the smiley face pattern was simply to show you how to complete that block puzzle.

If you mean you're missing the boss key for Level 8, you need to go back to Level 3 (Palace of Water. Along your way to the boss room (it's two rooms before it, in fact) is a water warp that will take you right to the boss key for Level 8.

BunnySMG
08-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Nah, I had the boss key. I was missing the one key you had to dive fore in the pool. I forgot about that room after I got the flippers. I already beat the rest of the game. Thanks for your reply though.

Pineconn
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Haha, cool. :p