PDA

View Full Version : Idea

fire dragon
10-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I get strange idea so I decide ask is it possible or it is good idea.

I don't know if it works,I just invented it and I don't tested it.

One question first:
If you have example white sword and you take wooden sword,your white sword changes in to wooden sword?

If that works,it works rings too,right?

I think example that if you get blue ring it works normally.But when Link takes Red ring,he transformes and when he take blue ring again,he is normal.

If that works,you can (in theory)make something like example sand ring.When Link step sand what have invisible red ring he's tile transforms and he go like under sand!Got it? And when sand end he got invisible blue ring and transforms back.And you can use it other stuff too.Like when he transformes wolf etc.I know it haves some problems like weapons and item placement,but I think that if may be possible.I don't know it is useful,but I think that it brings new dimension if it works.

So,how about it?It is good idea?Work it?
I got one idea too.If that works,you can make multi character quest.I mean that first you play Link then other character and other.

Usually my ideas don't work,so I feel that this don't work,but I wanted ask anyway.

Freedom
10-13-2005, 04:21 PM
They don't change back once you get them, once you get the blue ring, you can't go back to green, once you get the white sword, you can't go back to wood.

ZeldaLord
10-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I though there was a quest rule that allows that, though, something like "use old items"...

DeFray
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure, but I think ZeldaLord's right... My worry about this idea is that you could only pick the item up once. Every time the player came back to the same spot after picking it up the change wouldn't happen again. Even worse would be that, if the player saved their game while transformed, they would appear at the starting point in the transformed state. I guess you could work around that with fancy manipulation of dmaps, though, but it would still only work once.

Rings, however, only change Link's color. You could make this idea work with Link Tile Mods, but they aren't fully implemented yet. Maybe in the next version.
All the same, it was a good idea, Fire Dragon. :cool:

Freedom
10-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Rings don't only change his color, they change his resistance to damage.

there is a quest rule "can keep old items" but you still can't take away his white sword to have him revert back to the wooden one, or take away his blue ring to have him revert back to the green.
The only way I know of to take his sword in bubbles, and I know of no way to take back a ring.

fire dragon
10-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Too bad :(
But that thing don't stop my other idea.Game that you must play three different characters.First you play green Link until you see "video"and Link takes blue ring.
Now you must play other character,like Zelda or anybody else.
After you play that part of game,you pick red ring.And now your transform again!I know that Link's defence rises,but if you put strong enemies it can work right.Weapons are little problem,but not big.Just put that Link gives him weapons to new character.

I think that it should work.

jessethe2nd
10-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Unfortunatly this will not work. The ring merely changes the cset of which your link tiles are displayed.

However, about the sand idea. It may be do able. Just depends on one thing for my idea for doing it. Does the Invis. link screen data option change links tiles to use a specific tile in the tile editor or is it a set tile that can not be changed in any way shape or form?

fire dragon
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
But what tile shows invisible Link!?

jessethe2nd
10-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I am not sure whether or not is is possible to designate what tile the invis. link option uses or not.

Zelda_Warrior
10-16-2005, 04:03 PM
No, I think all that invis., Link does is change Link's color into a blank pallette.

ZeldaLord
10-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I think it makes Link's sprite reference null.