PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Combat Coming soon!!!

jessethe2nd
10-13-2005, 01:32 AM
My current project, Eternal Combat has just begun. Expect a demo in a week or two. Anyway here is what it is going to be.
You enter a tournament and must win to obtain your main objective. Which is to defeat an evil presence which has entered the tournament in cognito (spelling is probably incorrect) When you defeat it and win the tournament you believe you are done. Your kicken back enjoying your newly gained strength (items and heart containers you get in the tournament) when the "evil presence returns stronger than ever and challenges you to a "battle" you agree and kick his *** with the weapon you just won in the tounament thus saving the land. BTW this quest has a pretty nice look, at least in my opinion. It is using a build of the tileset I used in my other quest, The Legend Of The Rifts. Which by the way is descendant tile set with many modded and unmodded tiles from pure zc and several custom tiles. :)

I will post a couple screens either tommorow or the day after.

jessethe2nd
10-15-2005, 01:38 AM
As promissed, here are three screens of the exact same sceen taken rougly 4 socond apart. :laughing:

http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd/zelda162.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd/zelda164.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd/zelda166.JPG

Thunderkitty
10-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow, it looks pretty good. But you should make it a little more, how should I say, longer. If you just battle, thats not that fun. You should have it like a win, then the Arena gets taken over by the evil guys boss. Then you must go inside and face the horror within.

jessethe2nd
10-16-2005, 08:32 PM
It will be very long. There are various side missions that you must complete to "unlock various areas in the later part of the game after the arena battles. You see, the tournament is basically there to get you ready and on par for the rest of the quest. One large and long castle ruled by the evil that once threatened the past and now once again threatensvthe land. The more side quests you do the easier it will be to beat the actual level. If you win the tournament you will reacieve the legendary sword (magic sword) however if you complete the proper side quest you will be able to get the master sword, or maybe a short cut will be unlocked.

jessethe2nd
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Quest Update-

1)Fixed many bugs in the quest.
2)Finished the main arena.
3)The first combat zone has been finished.
4)Uploaded a vague map to my site of the arena.
5)About half way done with the first training area.

Anyways heres the map---

http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd/Map_Of_Arena.JPG

Thunderkitty
10-22-2005, 05:44 PM
? Looks like you forgot to put stuff, lol.

Zelda_Warrior
10-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Where does the exit go to?!

Is there an area outside of the place you can walk around?

jessethe2nd
10-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Where does the exit go to?!

Is there an area outside of the place you can walk around?

Yes There is going to be an area outside of the arena. Basically it will be the city in which the arena is located. As I said, when playing through the main portion of the game various side quests will become unlocked. Each side quest is only available once so if you miss it you dont get the item that you can only get by doing so, Large amounts of cash, white sword wand, ect, ect. Not all items are obtained from sidequests but some of the best and most useful will be.

--------------------------------In regards to the map-------

It is not a detailed map. It just shows what the general area are in the arena.

Aegix Drakan
10-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Something tells me I'm gonna like this quest!

I smell a 4 or maybe even a 5 heart rating coming your way!

This reminds me a pit of Paper mario 2, when you participate in Glitz pit battles (the dungeon is basically a ton of batles, with you unravelling a corrupt plot involving fighters who are mysteriously dissapearing)

jessethe2nd
10-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks! :D Actually paper mario 2 is what inspired this quest. :laughing: It also uses some music from paper mario 1 and 2. It is a bit different however. The fights do not take place in an arena. You are warped to the location where the fights take place. This allows for varried combat enviroments.

Thunderkitty
10-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Hahaha, but how are you going to fight? And what will happen when you win? How are you going to do that? Make a VERY long TWT? I can help with that though, since I made a FF3 tileset. I can give you the background, of the colloseum.

If you want it of course....

jessethe2nd
10-24-2005, 08:42 PM
You will have to wait and see. :) :D ;)

jessethe2nd
10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Everyone can expect a demo by friday! :cool:

Thunderkitty
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok thats good, cant wait to see what you got so far.

jessethe2nd
10-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Just an update...

The quest will have an optional auidio package that will include the mp3 audio that can be used in place of the midi.
The folder will be roughly 12 megs in size when I am done with the quest.

The demo I am planning on having up later in the day tomorrow will only include the first battle training area shops and main arena. It kinda starts off later on than where you will start in the actual finished quest. You will be missing the intro story, the explanation of how the tournament is set up, the city outside the arena and a few pointers from the previous champ., your father. Luckily, I will type this information all up and put it in a txt. file with the demo to fill you giys in so you are not left hanging. The reason this stuff it not in yet is because it is not finished. The screen the second fight takes place on needs a little tweaking, the city is missing quite a bit of stuff that would result in the player hitting an incomplete tile warp. The most effective way of keeping this stuff from happening was to block it off and move the start location to the center of the arena.

If I do finish the second fight I will put it in the demo.

--------------------Do not read if you do not wish to know what you are fighting first.----

The first fight takes place in a graveyard against 4 gibdos 5 stalfos and a disappearing ghini. Halloween is coming up so I thought it to be an appropriate first fight. Sounds easy, well it is fairly easy. That is if you are good at dodging temp. invis. enemies in a limited amount of space. :evil:

jessethe2nd
10-29-2005, 08:10 PM
----------------------------NEW LINK------------------------- www.geocites.com/jessethe2nd (http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd)

--------------------------------------------------------------

The demo is up. It is not at the point I had wanted it to be at but it will do. I was bogged down with History Homework so I did not have time to do much work on it nor upload it yesterday. :( Well it's up now and I will be putting a new version out soon. Hoping in a few days but I will have to see if I will get any time to work on it. Enjoy! :D

Phazite
10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks! :D Actually paper mario 2 is what inspired this quest. :laughing: It also uses some music from paper mario 1 and 2. It is a bit different however. The fights do not take place in an arena. You are warped to the location where the fights take place. This allows for varried combat enviroments.

I thought that this sounded a lot like chapter 3 in Paper Mario 2! :laughing:
Sounds awsome and I think I'm going to like this quest!
I can't get the demo though. :(
"This page is not available."

Thunderkitty
10-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Yea, I wanted to play it also, but it says, "You are not autorized to view this page." Can you fix this please?

jessethe2nd
10-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Just checked it out and sent an e-mail to customer services. Other than that I can not do much at the moment. The copy that I had posted earlier this morning is currently stored on my friends comp. I was going to DL it my comp. 20 mins ago so I could do some more work on it but as many people have seen already "page unavailable" If anyone wishes I can e-mail them the quest file tomorrow. Just leave your e-mail and I will send it a.s.a.p. I will update you on the status of the quest when I get a reply from geocities customer service.

ms_zelda_lady
10-30-2005, 12:19 PM
If you right click and hit on save target as you can get the demo. It worked for me.

ms_zelda_lady

Phazite
10-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Hey it worked! I guess I.E. is good for some things. :laughing:
I just couldn't get the mp3. Ignore the pm I sent you then for now.

Thunderkitty
10-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Hmm, I still cant get it to work. Jesse, just email it to me at [email protected] Thanks

jessethe2nd
10-31-2005, 03:16 AM
Fixed It! you will actually have to go through the site but it is not a long trek.(well series of clicks)

www.geociteis.com/jessethe2nd (http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd) :cool: :D

Thunderkitty
10-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Nope, its still messed up.

jessethe2nd
10-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I just tested it again from multiple comps. and they all downloaded. Any one else having this problem? :scared:

batosaijosh
11-08-2005, 02:14 AM
I really like this quest! It looks very nice visually and has some pretty good music. The file size is a bit large though. (sigh) dial up. :( You said that the next demo would be coming out november 4th, it is the 7th now so where is it? :angry: :laughing:

jessethe2nd
11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I really like this quest! It looks very nice visually and has some pretty good music. The file size is a bit large though. (sigh) dial up. :( You said that the next demo would be coming out november 4th, it is the 7th now so where is it? :angry: :laughing:

Thanks! I was feeling a bit, how do you say... free at the time. Lately I have been up to my knees in home work and I have had to work over time for 4 days in a row now, I have been to tired to work on it. I will get the next demo out as soon as possible, but this one will be flawless and I will not compromise on it to get it out sooner so It may be a while.

Zelda_Warrior
11-12-2005, 05:17 PM
To do the fights you just change enemy tiles from octorocks or something becuase putting link in a room full of octorocks is not good -_-. Then, you make an empty screen with walls around it, put the continue spot and dmap stuff, and put #16 flags all over where you can walk and have screen flag enemies>secret, set the secret combo to a tile that looks like a floor but the combo should be 'stair' this will make the floor change when the room is cleared, the combo will change but it'll look the same. That should answer your question, Thudnerkitty.

Phazite
11-29-2005, 01:32 AM
I was just wondering. Are you still working on this? I havn't heared anything about this in a while.

jessethe2nd
11-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Yah, I am still working on it here and there. I have been really busy with school work lately so I have been having a hard time finding time to work on it. I have done some work on the outer town and added some people to the main arena as well as a few fights but there is still alot to do. I will more than likely be able to put a few full days of work into it come the holidays. There is a possibility of a much more in depth playable demo then.

4matsy
11-30-2005, 02:17 AM
be able to put a few full gays of work into it
ROFL, that is so wrong taken out of context... :laughing:

This does sound like an interesting idea for a quest setup, though. Think I'll download this one and see...;)

jessethe2nd
11-30-2005, 02:39 AM
:banghead: :banghead: ****! How the hell did I miss that? Jesus I skipped two keys... Now that I think about it, LOL. The quest has some serious work to be done, I would not let your opinion of the quest rest with that demo.

Yuke blackhawk
11-30-2005, 02:09 PM
VERY NICE!:) But how did you make the guards not let you pass? Thats so cool! Also what tile set are you useing?

Phazite
11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I think he used a lock block to make the guards not let you pass without the ticket. The ticket is the key.

VI3T_DR@GON
12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Or he made room type- Feed the Goriya, and the ticket is the Food. But with no guy there.

Are you working on this anymore? I havent seen any updates for a while now...

jessethe2nd
12-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Yes, I am working on it when I get the time. I have also picked up my other quest a couple of time to. Link75 is right I am using a lock block. It also uses combo cycling and animation. I am thinking about moddifing the guards so they move infront of you when you try to pass instead of stand there when you enter the screen. May or may not, can do it but it would take extra time that I could use to progress the quest.
BTW, if anyone is interested I am going to be needing some beta testers in a month or so. [email protected]