PDA

View Full Version : any ideas?

chainer
10-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Im not much of a storyline righter... and this is my first quest that i hope that i will complete and submit so anything as much of a "maybe this?" would be nice... :D

:EDIT: on a side note dous it matter if you have a diffrent version of zc? for example..
im trying to play a 1.92 on a 2.10..

koopa
10-14-2005, 03:27 AM
There are a few thing s to remember when switching versions
1) You can principally switch up i.e. play a 1.83 quest on 2.10 but not down so a 2.10 quest won't work on anything less.
2) there are some new bugs in later versions. Anything from 1.84 and above suffers from a bug that can get you stuck in the corner of a room when you save on certain dmaps and then you have to restart from the beginning.
3) You can copy save files between 1.83 and 1.84 but not to newer versions so you cannot copy your 2.10 save file to 1.83 to get around the above bug. (You can with 1.84)

As for quest ideas, the usual story is that somehow Ganon has kidnapped or is trying to kidnap Princess Zelda and Link has to set out and save her. It's up to the quest designer to add his own twists to that story for his quest.

copsgotguns
11-16-2005, 03:58 AM
as the motto says, 'if it aint broke, dont fix it'. but something i would say is PLEASE pay attencion to detail. there are alot of quests that the overworlds just look sloppy or are very sparse in scenary. also try to make dungeons that are mentally challenging. there are countless dungeons ive beaten that are just too linear.

as for ideas...versing a dark link would be nice. and hide things well. there are too many heartpieces in quests that are just lying around in plain view. maybe include mini-games that you can win some in. a dungeon using the lens of truth sounds good too. well, thats all i can think of off the top of head right now.