PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please give me a hand?

Aegix Drakan
10-11-2005, 09:33 AM
OK, this is my first thread. :scared:

I have just started making a new quest. I'm using 2.10, and I'm using the 2.10 test quest as a model. (I'm using the tileset, but I deleted all the maps, and I'm putting in my own rules.) I have the start screen (a green field with a cliff in the upper left corner, with the Sword item cave in it.) For some odd reason, I always start in the upper leftmost corner (on the cliff) and I have to move left to enter the next screen to get off. I also need to know how to edit a combo so that it is unwalkable.

And I would also like to know how I can cange Link's sprites so that he wears a black tunic no matter what ring he has.(i've tried to do this, but either the Cset colors don't change, or the color change doesn't register).

Any help would be appreciated :(

rocksfan13
10-11-2005, 10:49 AM
The start is simple. There are two boxes at the bottom of the panel. One blue, one green,they are both in motion. . If you don't see them, press page down until they appear. The blue one tells link where to stand after an insta-warp, the green one tells link where to stand after an entrance/exit or a whistle warp, it is also the spot where starts after a continue. If you want him to begin in the middle of the screen, you have to place the green box where you want link to start.

As far as the entrance/exit: when you enter a dungeon via an entrance/exit the green box will push link forward about two steps, so always place it on the edge of the map. The whole box must be visible for it to work right. The blue box doesn't do this.

Editing the combo is easy. Right click on the combo tile and screen will appear. The walking ability of the tile is directly to the right of the tile picture. If it is all red, it is completely unwalkable, gray is walkable. just fill in the corners that you don't want walkable with red. If you want to check the walkability of your screen, just press 'w'. Everything red is unwalkable.

As far as links sprite colors, you have to edit the extra sprite palletes. I don't remember wich ones link uses, those are the one you need to change to get your desired colors.

ShadowTiger
10-11-2005, 12:30 PM
The start is simple. There are two boxes at the bottom of the panel. Right. This is true. However, something most people miss, is that you have to press Pageup/Pagedown a few times in order to actually get to that panel. ;)

Aegix Drakan
10-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys :)

I'll try it out as soon as I can.

Thanks for the Help!

[Edit] Yeah it's all good. I changed link's colors, but not some of the other sprites look wierd, but no biggie. Thanks a lot, my quest is now well underway, I'll let you know when it's ready!