PDA

View Full Version : *slap* Post, god damn it!

Rainman
10-10-2005, 05:48 PM
WTF? I have seen very little posting going on in here. Don't see any discussion your interested in? Make it! It doesn't take all that long, especially here, to browse the forum and make a couple posts.

Don't make me declare martial law.

*b*
10-10-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't make topics, I just reply in them, and by the time I read most topics, they're either closed or there are too many to decide which to post in. the ZC forums are the only good place to post *runs*

Rainman
10-10-2005, 07:06 PM
What's so hard about making a thread? It's just like a normal post, but you pick what you want to talk about. Topics are rarely closed in GD. This isn't General Bitching.

ShadowTiger
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
WTF? I have seen very little posting going on in here. Don't see any discussion your interested in? Make it! It doesn't take all that long, especially here, to browse the forum and make a couple posts.

Don't make me declare martial law.If you declare martial law, we could probably post about it. http://www.purezc.com/forums/html/emoticons/icon_heh.gif

Call me irrational, illogical, and paranoid, but oftentimes, one man's intellectual discussion is another man's idiocy, and vice versa. Occasionally no pattern can be detected, and posting your thoughts is discouraged, no matter how valid those thoughts are. Right now, someone, somewhere, is thinking, "BH4, stop complaining," someone else is thinking "So post it and we'll see," and others are thinking "No way, I like what you post!" So the resulting thought is something along the lines of "Who and what are you posting for?"

We could also start to post things like "What's your favorite kind of cheese," and half of the people will think, "Think up better topics than that." while others will take the chance to say, "Hey, I like cheese too!"

So you can really only chance it.

So what do most people here like to talk about when there's nothing better to do? Do you guys like to socialize directly? Or do you like to interject your thoughts into a public debate? Is it about the entertainment factor, or factors involving getting your name out there and meeting new people or cementing bonds with your friends? (Or, there's always the simple "post for the sake of posting on a message board" factor. :p )

Rainman
10-10-2005, 07:27 PM
I'd like to see current events talked about more often here. Those are always new and provide good discussion usually. Hell, this is general disussion you can talk about anything provided it entertaining or thought-provoking. I'd even tolerate the return of "What's your favorite *" topics if it sparks discussion. This forum usually has at least around 10 people on at any given time and discussion should be much more often.

I'll be the judge of what I think is discussion worth. I'm not closing anything unless it's truly inane or breaks the forum rules somehow.

EDIT: Btw, I've made it a goal right now to make a topic a day to promote discussion. It shouldn't be all that difficult and just might work.

Master Ghaleon
10-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I've been busy with work, playing football, running a football pool, WoW and last but not least SE ;) I still pop my head in here everyday

Prrkitty
10-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Sorry hon... I have viral bronchitis... that's possibly going into pneumonia and also laryngitis. I come in and check things as much as I can.

:)

DarkDragoonX
10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I am prevented from posting more frequently by my own extreme laziness.

Rainman
10-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Sorry hon... I have viral bronchitis... that's possibly going into pneumonia and also laryngitis. I come in and check things as much as I can.

:)
That's odd. Sick period usually give me time to relax and post on the forums. Anyway, hope you get better quickly.

vegeta1215
10-12-2005, 05:05 PM
It has felt kind of slow around here. Like *b*, I mainly reply to threads instead of creating my own. I'm going to try to create more threads to spure discussion. I made two in GGD today. Check'm out.

AlexMax
10-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Stagnation.

KJAZZ
10-13-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't post much because supposedly I'm supposed to be lurking.

Darth Marsden
10-13-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't post much because I prefer to play the forum games. When I post in GB, I tend to either get ignored or told off.