PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS WiFi USB Adaptor

Warlock
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/656/656195p1.html

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/656/656195/dongle_1128552864.jpg

To coincide with the details coming from Japan, Nintendo of America has revealed the US plans for the service that will link Nintendo DS games wirelessly all over the world. Already revealed as the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, this internet service will go online starting November 14th in the US, with the first Nintendo-published games, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and Metroid Prime Hunters supporting the network. The first third-party game will be Activision's Tony Hawk's American Sk8land.

The service will be free to Nintendo DS owners, requiring no additional charge to play supported games over the internet. Households with Wi-Fi networks can access the service with only a minimal of setup procedures. For households with standard broadband internet access and no wireless router, Nintendo will sell separately the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector that will enable the Nintendo DS systems to connect to the internet.

Sexah!

KJAZZ
10-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Ah, yeah, I read about this a few days ago. I thought for sure a post would already be here, but whatever.

It looks very interesting, indeed. I've heard that you'll have to pay $30 for this alone, which is kind of annoying. I hope they release a bundle with Mario Kart DS to save some money..

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Mario Kart DS + This = No more life for me.

*b*
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
this is the best thing to happen to Nintendo since Zelda. speaking of which, I wonder if the Zelda DS game will have this supported...

AtmaWeapon
10-10-2005, 06:27 PM
YES

I always knew Nintendo would be the one to bring free online play to the gaming world. It's good to see it come to fruition, and better to see that I'll be able to use it right away.

The only disappointment is this verifies to me that online WiFi play has to be supported by the cart; I was in some ways hoping for a special DS router that would extend the DS's current wireless functionality to work over the internet.

Online Meteos would be kickin rad.

Orion
10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Ah, yeah, I read about this a few days ago. I thought for sure a post would already be here, but whatever.

It looks very interesting, indeed. I've heard that you'll have to pay $30 for this alone, which is kind of annoying. I hope they release a bundle with Mario Kart DS to save some money..

I wouldn't complain about the price of it. A decent wireless router will cost you more than that. It's actually a pretty good deal if you're not already wired for wireless.

Warlock
10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah $30 is nothing. Cheaper than a DS game even. And that's suggested mass retail price so you will obviously see it cheaper (if not right away, eventually). Just imagine all the extra play time you'll get out of the games thanks to the online capabilities and it practically pays for itself. And hell, it's a LOT better than paying a monthly fee for the service ala Xbox Live.

Cloral
10-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah remember that xbox live is $50 a year - so a 1 year subscription to Live will run you more than this will, and this doesn't expire anytime in the forseable future.