PDA

View Full Version : The Blade of Umbra (CANCELLED)

Mystic Link
10-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Sorry to all those who have been waiting for my quest "The Blade of Umbra". Unfortunately, the unavoidable has happened. My computer has crashed, and windows had to be re-installed. All information on TBOU, as well as Zelda Classic was lost.

I am unable to rebuild this game... I put in many dedicated hours into this great piece of work. I was hoping to have it released by mid December ((And have been working on it since July)).
Only 2 Dungeons remained before the game was finished. I don't have the motvation to start it all up again.

I have managed to save the Demo. However, few dungeons are on this Demo, and it would take another long time up put in the great effort i had embedded into TBOU.

I will continue to make Zelda Classic games in the near future, but for now, this Demo is the only thing available i have for play. I will try to update any glitches or problems it has as soon as possible ((One being the water color of the beach)). This will all be fixed, but I will not expand the game to the full version that was lost.

You can find the demo, at http://www.geocities.com/cepsy5/thebladeofumbra.html

Sorry for the inconvenience... hope all goes well in the future.

Aireal Albatros
10-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Sorry to all those who have been waiting for my quest "The Blade of Umbra". Unfortunately, the unavoidable has happened. My computer has crashed, and windows had to be re-installed. All information on TBOU, as well as Zelda Classic was lost.

I am unable to rebuild this game... I put in many dedicated hours into this great piece of work. I was hoping to have it released by mid December ((And have been working on it since July)).
Only 2 Dungeons remained before the game was finished. I don't have the motvation to start it all up again.

I have managed to save the Demo. However, few dungeons are on this Demo, and it would take another long time up put in the great effort i had embedded into TBOU.

I will continue to make Zelda Classic games in the near future, but for now, this Demo is the only thing available i have for play. I will try to update any glitches or problems it has as soon as possible ((One being the water color of the beach)). This will all be fixed, but I will not expand the game to the full version that was lost.

You can find the demo, at http://www.geocities.com/cepsy5/thebladeofumbra.html

Sorry for the inconvenience... hope all goes well in the future.

I know things'll be better in the future!

boram_c
10-12-2005, 11:40 PM
That is too disappointing…

My only suggestion in the future is whenever you create a large quest, keep a backup available periodically in case the worst happens (this applies to anything that is important as well).

rocksfan13
10-13-2005, 07:21 AM
I have 1 question. Did you reformat the hard disk, fdisk it, or replace it all together. Because if all you did was reformat it, I know of a way that you can recover it.

Mystic Link
10-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I have 1 question. Did you reformat the hard disk, fdisk it, or replace it all together. Because if all you did was reformat it, I know of a way that you can recover it.

Windows was completly reinstalled... everything was lost.

But yeah, I should've known to make a backup... oh well, I'll make another quest for the future.

Hope you all enjoyed the demo still, I'll update it often to fix glitches

rocksfan13
10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
My question was, did you just re-install windows. Did you type the word 'format' or the word 'fdisk'. If 'fdisk' was not typed in you can recover the file with a program I have. Even if windows was re-installed. Even if you just put in the windows disk and started setup. That is, if you didn't just replace the whole computer.

What happens is, the hard drive makes an imprint of the old information on it in what is known as the 'Main Boot Record' (mbr). It is a special place on the disk that nothing touches except 'fdisk'. It is here that your quest is still resident. The program I have goes into there and looks for any saved data that the disk stored when it was formatted. You simply run it and look through everything it finds until you come accross your quest.

P.S. This program is pretty handy for recovering lost personal files as well. Even you've completely deleted them.I had to do it once when I formatted the wrong drive and managed to recover over 80% of what I lost. So, unless there was a 'fdisk' involved. It's still recoverable.

Do you understand now?

I would hate to see you give up on something that has taken a while to create.

Mystic Link
10-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Interesting... where can I find the program?

Yeah I'd hate to see this thng go down. I spent quite some time on it, and I'm sure you'd all like the end result.

rocksfan13
10-14-2005, 07:28 AM
I have it on disk. I will upload it to my website this weekend and I will tell you where to go to get it. If you need help with it, just let me know and I'll post some instructions too.

After 4 pm EST I won't be around until Monday. So, check with me then.

Glad to help.

Mystic Link
10-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks man... I'll be sure to credit you on your help if I ever do retrieve and complete the game.

rocksfan13
10-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Not a problem. I'd do the same if it was me.

Mystic Link
10-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Alrighty, so just message me when you get back from wherever it is you're going...

rocksfan13
10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Okay, it's uploaded. Its location is http://www.angelfire.com/rock4/myzelda.

Click on the E-Z Recovery link to get it.

Let me know how it goes.