PDA

View Full Version : Moving objects and other little questions

fire dragon
10-08-2005, 09:51 AM
This is just idea,but can I make ghost ship that move around world like on Wind Waker?
And then other questions.
1.I loaded some time ago cracked floor tiles.But then I noticed,that HOW I can make that when Link stands above it,floor break?I mean that you must stand some time before it breaks.
2.Can I make that when you example meet smith,you must wait some time before he gives you item?It can be a time counter,how many enemies you killed etc.
3.Somebody asked here some time ago how make chests.Someone answered and say that he/she know how can make chests that opens when you play flute.How?
4.And last,can I make that peoples speak different things when you example beat one dungeon?

ZeldaLord
10-08-2005, 11:01 AM
1. The simplest way to do this is with tired secrets. Make your cracked floor combo a trigger temp, and make a copy of it, set its type to None, and set it to cycle to your broken floor combo (set the animation speed to 255, so that it takes some time). Next, make a copy of your floor combo, which is also trigger temp, and set it to cycle back to your normal floor combo (again, use speed 255).

Now, set up your secret combos, with your cracked trigger temp combo set to flag 16, your other cracked floor combo to flag 17, your normal floor combo to flag 18, and your floor trigger combo to flag 19. Still in the secret combos dialog, control-click flag 16, and place flag 17 on it, and do the same to flage 17, 18 and 19, placing flags 16, 19, and 18 on them respectively.

Return to the screen you want the pit on, and place the cracked trigger temp combo where you want the cracked floor to be, then bring up the flags dialog and place flag 17 on it, and flag 19 on all the floor tiles directly around it. Finally, bring up the screen data window, and check "No secret sounds". ;)

Please note that this method works only if you have one cracked floor tile per screen. If you want more, you need to use duplicate screens and multi-warps, and it gets rather complicated...

koopa
10-10-2005, 03:05 AM
The flute problem with chests - I think you put a flute tile where you stand to play the flute, then put a secret (19 or similar) flag on the chest and have the opened chest as secret combo. Then set SECRET->ITEM in the room data and set the item, place it on the chest square.

It's easy to make an item that appears when all enemies on the screen are killed - ENEMIES->ITEM. I don't think there's any way to place an item based on how many enemies you killed in the whole game though. Game time also doesn't work.

Officially, there's no way to have someone say something different when you've beaten a dungeon or acquired an item or been to some place or similar. But Darkflamewolf did just that in Isle of the winds, however she knows many things that I don't. You can of course have 2 identical maps of the overworld and place the item only on the 2nd. You start the game on the first and after acquiring a triforce piece you are warped to the 2nd. But there must be a better way.

DeFray
10-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Even though you could make a ghost ship, you wouldn't be able to have it move around much - it would be stuck on one screen all the time.

4. For making people say different things after you beat a dungeon, you need to use permanent secrets triggered by boss flags. There's a lot of other threads in this forum that talk about doing those, so I won't get into that now.
You need to make a screen that's between the main overworld and the person's house or whatever, and on this screen, put direct warps that insta-warp the player to a new dmap. Set these direct warps to be secrets that are triggered by the boss flag. The warps should send you to a new screen and new town dmap that look identical to the old one, but have people saying different things than before. Then just set warps on your in-between screen that warp you back to the main overworld when you leave the town again.

Did that make sense?

fire dragon
10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Even though you could make a ghost ship, you wouldn't be able to have it move around much - it would be stuck on one screen all the time.

4. For making people say different things after you beat a dungeon, you need to use permanent secrets triggered by boss flags. There's a lot of other threads in this forum that talk about doing those, so I won't get into that now.
You need to make a screen that's between the main overworld and the person's house or whatever, and on this screen, put direct warps that insta-warp the player to a new dmap. Set these direct warps to be secrets that are triggered by the boss flag. The warps should send you to a new screen and new town dmap that look identical to the old one, but have people saying different things than before. Then just set warps on your in-between screen that warp you back to the main overworld when you leave the town again.

Did that make sense?

Do you mean that I must make example two town maps?
Oh,no.Then I must copy all other people's screen that don't say anything new.:sick:
Okay,I wouldn,t use it on my next game's capital city,because I planning it size is one map.Ehehe...
But I can use it my small villages.So thanks.But one more thing,how I can make that when you enter the town,Link goes "new" town?This bothers me.Or must I make other overworld and other and other... :odd:

DeFray
10-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah, you have to make multiple maps. It shouldn't be too hard.
Did you know that you can push C and V while looking at screens in ZQuest to copy and paste them? This would make it easy to create multiple town maps.

I remember in Link to Tortuga, Freedom had a long tunnel-like screen leading into his town. Then he set up a boss-flag secret warp on this screen. Then he made many different copies of this screen and gave each a new warp.

So when you beat the first boss, secrets are triggered on the original screen. These secrets send you to an identical second screen. This second screen is on a new map, and leads you into a new town.
When you beat the second boss, secrets on this second screen are triggered.
Now, when the player approaches town, they are insta-warped from Screen 1 to Screen 2, and then from Screen 2 they are insta-warped to Screeen 3.
Because they are insta-warps between screens that look the same, the player walks across these screens without even realizing they are warping.

You could, in this way, set up many different towns and, as long as there is only one way into the town, this trick should make it easy to send the player to a new map after each boss.

And remember, you could have Screen 1, Screen 2, and all the rest of the screens warp back to the same overworld at the same place. Therefore, you would NOT need to make a new overworld for each new town-you only have to change the town's map.

...Does it make more sense now?

fire dragon
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks,now I understand.But why I can't use many entrances to town?If I put boss flag many screen?If it works two screens,why three screens?Okay,but that cave idea is good,so thanks again.

DeFray
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Actually, you can. You can use as many entrances as you want. I just meant that you need to make sure you set up each screen this way, or else the town will be different depending on where you enter it from. But as long as you set up each entrance correctly, it should be fine.

It doesn't need to actually be a cave. I just meant that you should have a screen where you can only leave the screen in two different directions-it makes the secret warping much easier to work with.

Zelda_Warrior
10-16-2005, 05:18 PM
I think there's a way to do it so that you don't have to copy maps, becasue that becomes a problem when you have secrets like secret moeny under a bush on the ovwerworld.

DeFray
10-17-2005, 11:46 AM
You could just set boss-flag secrets in just one or two rooms. Then you would be able to make for instance just the inside of one house different, and you wouldn't have to redraw the whole map.