PDA

View Full Version : new palette system?

Freedom
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I read back over what was mentioned about a new palette system and where it talked about using 256 and truecolor.

Is this new set-up going to stop the need to recolor tiles being grabbed into ZQuest?
What exactly will be the benifit of this new system and how will it work?
I know there is a lot of interest in this, but little has been said.

ShadowTiger
10-07-2005, 03:09 PM
So far, by far the most obvious and useful ... ... use, is the ability to use any colors at all from your existing palette in that one li'l tile! :D If you're really clever with your Palettes, there'll just be no stopping you. ;) Hell, you could probably even build a dungeon in an internal palette rather than a level-dependent Cset.

The less obvious aspects of it lie in changing Csets. When Color Cycling, wouldn't those tiles tend to stay the same? :odd:

Dart Zaidyer
10-07-2005, 03:27 PM
256-color mode just uses the entire palette, like what you get when you go to Palettes>Main. So it will still change across levels, and it will still work with palette cycling, as long as you make sure you're using the appropriate colors.

Freedom
10-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I was refering to something Prince said about being able to grab gifs along with their palettes in the future, eliminating the need to recolor tiles, I seem to remember someone else saying this too.