PDA

View Full Version : dungeon problems

philbracy
10-06-2005, 02:10 AM
first off, i gotta say wow, this is pretty cool, as a long time zelda fan i am very happy someone has put in this much time and effort to create something so cool. nice work.

so anyway, i got into this this afternoon, and pretty much dove right in, the quest editor is pretty easy to use, but i've got a couple quick questions now that im on my first dungeon:

1.) when i enter the dungeon from the overworld map, for some reason link comes walking down from the top of the screen instead of through the door? (tried putting the blue and green tiles both down by the front door, is there some in-between step i don't know about?) *walking out through the front works fine guess i got that part right...

2.) for the special item in this level, i set up a staircase, which leads to a room with the wallet. when i go down the stairs, instead of being where it is in a normal zelda game (you all know exactly what im talking about) it is up in the left corner out of reach. i set it up as a special item room, is there something i have to differently in dungeons? i had no trouble creating caves w/items in the overworld map.

3.) after collecting the triforce piece, i end up in a random secret room (i believe room 80?) instead of back out in front of the castle - how do i fix this?

the dmap is set up correctly as far as i know (map#2, all levels and such appropriately labeled) but im brand new at this, any help you could give me would be grand.

thanks
-phil

Freedom
10-06-2005, 02:41 AM
1) sounds like a dmap or warp problem, sure you set it all up right?
without seeing it it's hard to say which step you missed.
I would guess it's the warp type.

2) you need to place the item positioning icon, it's next to the blue and green squares and looks like a rupie.

3) You need to set the warps, set tile warp to insta warp w/ wave effect, and side warp to enterance/exit, and the sreen and dmap they warp to on both.

Tanza
10-06-2005, 11:56 AM
1) To enter dungeon:

Goto screen where you would enter dungeon and create a tile for which to enter with (These tiles are Direct Warp Tiles)

Then goto Tile Warp and select Entrance/Exit. Then select the DMAP of the dungeon you're warping to and then the room number.

To Exit the Dungeon:

Goto the dungeon exit screen and Select Side Warp and set it as Entrance/Exit

Note: Set the DMAP as Dungeon map and Level = 1 thru 9 if it has a triforce piece to get. Setting it as Cave will mean Link doesn't go "under" the dungeon door tiles when he moves to another screen. This doesn't affect performance, but it throws things out of whack. Locks and shutters won't work then. In addition, Dungeon and Cave Messages will appear directly on the screen where placed. In Overworld type, the message appears when you Direct Warp(without a tile or side warp) on that screen.