PDA

View Full Version : Block Trigger Stuff

Tanza
10-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Here's the scenario. I have some blocks that i want to push onto block triggers, which will activate the secret. I have secret flags on some boulders blocking the path to the next screen. When i activate the secret, the boulders go away.

But when i come back to that room, the boulders are back. I have the boulders set to Permenant, and when i activate the secret by using the enemies->secret, the blocks appear for a moment and then disappear (effectively gone forever). What's a concrete way to keep the boulders gone forever? (or any othe secret for that matter)

Freedom
10-05-2005, 02:19 AM
using block trigger will make them return in that situation, you could put temp triggers inside the returning door to trigger them coming from the other direction

DeFray
10-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Secrets are permanent only on certain types of DMaps.

Also, just in case this is confusing you.... the Trigger Temp and Trigger Perm combo types, if I'm not mistaken, are combos that trigger secrets when you step on them. Setting the boulders to Trigger Perm in this case would only mean that stepping on the boulders would activate the secret, and I don't think that's what you're looking for.