PDA

View Full Version : Any way to stop zQuest from hijacking my sound card?

DarkDragoonX
10-04-2005, 01:23 AM
I would like to listen to music via Winamp while diddling about in zQuest, but if I have focus on the zQuest window, my music stops, likely because ZQ wants sole ownership of my sound card. Is there any way to make it leave my music alone? Maybe a command-line option or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, "-s" did the trick. Maybe I should've tried the obvious before posting, eh?

ZeldaLord
10-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Change the output plugin in winamp to waveOut.

Shoelace
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
and how do you change the output plugin in iTunes, because my music turns off whenever I open Zquest. I didn't get want the -s meant.

DarkDragoonX
10-04-2005, 07:40 PM
and how do you change the output plugin in iTunes, because my music turns off whenever I open Zquest. I didn't get want the -s meant.

Create a shortcut to zQuest. Right-click the shortcut, and select "properties." In the window that appears, click the "shortcut" tab. Locate the text field labeled "Target."Scroll to the very end of the aforementioned text field, add a space to the path, and then add -s. When you run zQuest from the shortcut, all sound will be disable, freeing up your sound card for other apps.

Shoelace
10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Thank you, it worked. :P