PDA

View Full Version : MARIO PARTY (fraternity party)

idontknow
10-03-2005, 04:25 AM
We may throw a Mario-themed fraternity party, simply called "Mario Party"! Would this, in your own opinion, be a good idea or not? Why or why not?

We plan on dressing like the following characters:
1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Bowser
4) DK
5) Wario
6) Yoshi???

Girls could dress like:
1) Peach
2) Daisy
(Ok, so maybe the party wouldn't really appeal to how girls dress unfortunately)

And perhaps have the following decorations:
1) DK holding a keg over his head (like he holds barrels)
2) Toad doing a keg Stand
3) Mushrooms
4) Bullet bills???
5) Chain Chomps???
6) Boos???
7) Bobombs???

What other ideas do you have, like as far as what people could dress up as, what decorations, what songs to play, etc.?

DarkDragoonX
10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
That's very, uh... interesting. And for those of you who are subtlety impaired, "interesting" translates directly into "insane." I know that when *I* think of a fun party, I immediately think of people dressed as giant turtes, plumbers, and tie-wearing gorillas. And since this is a fraternity party, there is obviously going to be massive quantities of beer involved (and I'd be suspicious of those mushroom decorations, too). So it starts out as all fun and games, but before you know it, everybody is completely smashed, and you wake up in a dark closet next to a hairy plumber, and your ass is sore.

I do believe I'll pass.

Warlock
10-03-2005, 02:17 PM
What Dark said.. did you even clear this with the other guys in your frat? That doesn't seem to me like something a lot of people would even go for.

idontknow
10-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Really? We thought it'd be a good idea, its better than fucking 'Spalunking' or whatever that a certain other fraternity down the street likes to do. I just think its something different

Our party that we're usually known for is "Bedrock", a flintstone-themed party, and nobody dresses up for that but everyone knows about it (i guess cuz its a sorta tradition) I think a mario party would be kinda different, especially since Mario is like a major icon for our generation that we all grew up with.

Lutraphobiac
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't like the idea for the simple fact that the more realistic Mario is; the more creepy he becomes....

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Just play an all nighter of mario kart or something. Less freaky, more fun.

idontknow
10-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Well we are going through with this party--anyone know where i can buy/order costumes? Like Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, or DK?

Warlock
10-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Well we are going through with this party--anyone know where i can buy/order costumes? Like Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, or DK?

They don't make costumes of video game characters under most circumstances. I really really REALLY doubt you will find anything. Maybe you can find a gorilla suit and throw a tie on it, but that's probably the best you'll do.

Dechipher
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I can just imagine the pitch: "Hey guys, I got an idea! Instead of doing the usual get-wasted-and-screw-everything-with-two-legs-in-sight lets play a real life Mario Party! Oh, I know, it'll be SO much fun!!!"

Yeah...no.

Grasshopper
10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Well, if you actually played a select few of the Mario Party games, (not the video games), I'm sure you could have a fun time while drunk. Have 4 people put in a large some of money, light a rope on fire, have 4 guys try to jump rope without catching on fire, the last person who wins gets the money pool. The other 3 will just suffer third-degree burns. :)

If it were me, I'd just have fun playing Mario Party tournaments, but its your party. I'm sure that could be interesting if more than just stars were on the line. Hehe

Machiavelli
10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Try just having people wear regular clothes and give them those "Hello,my name is" stickers. Then you can avoid looking for costumes.

VT_Hokie_Fan
10-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Cosplay can be fun.

Sometimes.

This crosses the line. It was a good idea until the costumes came into play. Why would you want a bunch of dudes in plumber suits anyways? You should of gone with a Dead Or Alive theme. Especially with the chicks. :naughty: :naughty:

Warlock
10-06-2005, 10:04 AM
There, I made you a costume. Just print out and cut on the dotted lines and then tape to your face. You are now Mario! Hooray!

http://www.armageddongames.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=437

KJAZZ
10-07-2005, 02:16 PM
I was reading this topic and wondering what exactly the point of all this would be..

Then Warlock made this topic instantly win. :thumbsup: