PDA

View Full Version : Link's Color based on the Ring

Tanza
10-03-2005, 12:27 AM
How do I change the color that Link will be when he gets different rings. When he has no ring, i want him to be in cset10, for the blue ring in cset11, and so on. So how do you change link's color for the rings. I've tried looking at "Game Icons" but maybe there's something i missed?

And just to clarify things, i only want to change Link's color, and not the entire tile set.

bigjoe
10-03-2005, 01:02 AM
There is an entry somewhere in the editor called "Extra Sprite Palletes". It varies dependant on version. One of the palletes within that entry is the pallete that he will use when he changes to the ring that you wish.

When you find it, It may look something like this.

http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/BigJoe/esp.png

6-8 are the colors he uses when he has blue/red/gold ring.
9-12 are the colors of the game icon while he has the green/blue/red/gold rings.

You will have to copy the colors that he is using to the proper places.

CSet 6 of the main pallete is his proper green ring pallete.

In the next version, you may be able to change what cset he uses normally, but for now, youll have to find work arounds.

Tanza
10-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Agh. I changed 6-8 and 9-12. 9-12 changed the "Game Icons" right, but when i went to test it, it didn't change.

*b*
10-03-2005, 01:59 AM
that's odd. what version are you using?

Zelda_Warrior
10-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Try going into quest>misc>game icons and see if you can change the pallette it uses there, although i highly doubt it, re-setting it might fix it.

Freedom
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
sure you didn't change the main palette instead of the esp1 palette?

Tanza
10-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm using 2.10

I tried changing both the main palette (6 - 9) and sprites palletes (9 - 12). I'm not sure what you mean by esp1 palette though. I'm gonna try doing what Zelda_Warrior said. I know i can't change the csets of them - is first thing i tried.

----------------

OK - i figured it out.

You have to change Sprite Palette # 5 - 8 (No Ring...Gold Ring) to actually change Link's colors.

You have to change Sprite Palette #9 - 12 to change the Game Icon, which is what link looks like on the Main Game Screen.