PDA

View Full Version : The Legend Of The Rifts

jessethe2nd
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Ok just uploaded the fixed up version to my site. Decided not to add another shop yet because so many items are already available from the start of the demo.

This thread was started as a continuation of its predecessor, Finished it!!!!!!, because I have finally thought of a name.

----------------------Edit :rolleyes: -------------------------
www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd

Zelda_Warrior
10-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Haha, what a uselss thread...

Well, not really, but still not the best of ideas for a thread either...

A decent name for the quest though.

jessethe2nd
10-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Going to shelve the quest for a while. Just started a new quest with A far better story line and much better visuals. The other reason I am shelving the quest is because I am waiting for the next version of zc.

jessethe2nd
12-17-2005, 03:34 AM
It's under construction once again. Damn the massive overworld. So much room, so much space to fill... Anyways I gave a few sections a face lift and added on to the overworld. I have put a good week into the quest since the last update. I am remodelling the cave under the town statue as well, It is now an abandoned mine shaft. BTW I just played through level one and it took me 40 minutes.

On a side note.
My other quest, Eternal Combat, is coming along quite well.

I will try to get some new screens up with in the next day or two for both quests.

DarkFlameWolf
12-17-2005, 10:48 AM
could have just asked a moderator to rename the old thread for you. :)

fajz
01-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey Jesse you download this quest from your website and it says it's not a custom quest. What's up with that?

Zelda_Warrior
01-11-2006, 12:55 AM
i think they messed up something in the header, jessie make sure the quest number is set to 0 if you are using a universal quest number, and also make sure quest type is set to the default.

oh yeah and jessie how do you make your dungeons take so long, even one im making in my current quest has over 30 rooms and a shit load of enemies and puzzles, and still takes only 15 minutes. Is it because i beta test so much its so easy for me? because for approx. play time i usually add on only about 15 min. since a regualr player dosent know the dungeon layout.

jessethe2nd
01-11-2006, 03:01 AM
I will check that tomorrow. I know I changed the password before I uploaded it so I might of messed up the header. Any ways the reason it takes so long is mainly because of the size of the rooms and all the back tracking you have to do and there are also several branches here and there that some people overlook. I know that i even spaced a branch in the firt level once. Forgot where I placed a ladder. It will not only be the dungeons that are long, the overworld is very large too. I may post a screen of the map of the first town... Anyways I would look into the header today but I have dial up so it would take me awhile to dl the file and upload the fix up again. Check my site again tomorrow around 7 or 8 O'clock pacific time.

jessethe2nd
01-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Here is a map of the first town. It is about a week and a half out of date so it is missing alot of trees, a farm and a park. But it shows the general size of the first town and lends to how large this overworld will be.

http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd/zeldamap.GIF

fajz
01-11-2006, 09:00 AM
So when can I download and play "The Rift" quest. I'm in need of a new quest to play.

jessethe2nd
01-11-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm going to finish up the abandoned mine and brush up the first Rift world then I will upload a working update. This weekend is a definite.

DarkFlameWolf
01-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Just looked at that town. Is that a full 128 screen overworld? If so, you are completely insane and crazy to be making something huge like that. I truly hope you can keep up the originality and avoid staleness in screens in your overworld with that much to work with. For example, the road leading through the trees out of town to the west seem a bit stale. If its a simple road heading west to a lone hut and the rest of the screen is filled with trees, might be a bit stale. Just a tip.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Jesse, what tileset does it use? :)

jessethe2nd
01-13-2006, 03:06 AM
There will be more in that area seen on the map DFW. I have been keeping originality in mind. I am using a heavily modified version of descendant. Some tiles are custom and some are downloaded. As for my sanity only time will tell.

fajz
01-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Jesse is this fixed up and ready too play?

fajz
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Jesse, are you gonna fix this quest?

jessethe2nd
01-25-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm sorry but I am currently having trouble accesing the file. My younger cousin changed my password to access windows. Untill I figure out the pass. I will not be able to upload the file. The demo is fixed and ready to be uploaded so expect me to upload it imediately upon the discovery of the password.
I am truly sorry about this.

jessethe2nd
03-07-2006, 02:30 AM
I need to start saving my quests to an external source...
Still do not have the pass. but I just installed a new HD as a temp. I'm downloading the last update to the quest file from my site and will begin recreating my past additions to the file. It will take me a bit if my memory serves me correctly, there has been a lot done since the last upload. I have alot of studying to do over the next few weeks but come late march I will have plenty of time on my hands which will inevitably be spent on this quest:) . I'm sorry to keep those who have been waiting for this quest well... waiting.

jessethe2nd
03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Quest is coming along nicely. To prevent an incident such as what caused me to restart my quest from the last update I have purchased a 1 gig jump drive to back up my quest files as well as other various files. This means I will also be able to work on it from other locations aside from my computer.

Anyways, I just finished adding many details to the overworld and am currently rebuilding levels sub one and one. Hope to be able to upload it soon.

jessethe2nd
06-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Looking like I will be able to upload the new version tommorow... err later today. Just 4 minor fixes and it will be completely playable threw level 1. BTW I am looking 4 someone to help out with the quest as far as filling in various areas of the overworld and some of the larger rooms in dungeons with detail when needed. Feel free to E-mail me at [email protected] .

jessethe2nd
06-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Just uploaded The new version. There may be some minor glitches here and there that I have missed but I'm happy with it.

http://www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd

jessethe2nd
06-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Any thoughts or questions from any one that has played this through?

batosaijosh
07-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Where do I go after I get the ladder?

jessethe2nd
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Go back into the abandoned mines then continue on to the first screen of the side scrolling area. now climb up the broken ladder.