PDA

View Full Version : I present to you...

War Lord
10-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Recorded and mixed a full song. It's one that was already done when I had originally been rapping, I just polished up a few of the lyrics, re-recorded and mixed it.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=27349

It'll play automatically when you load that page. If you're on broadband, stop it from playing automatically, and play the Hi-Fi version, it's much better sound quality.

I'd appreciate some honest feedback on the sound quality and song in general.

Darth Marsden
10-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Wow. I don't know much about rap, but I know what I kile, and I LIKE that. Much better then most rap that gets commercially released, that's for sure. Excellent job WL, hope to hear more.

(Sorry this isn't in-depth or anything, but as I said, I don't know much about rap.)

Kryten
10-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Mmkay, this probably isn't the kind of feedback you'd want, since I really don't like rap, but you asked so here it is.

I giggled. One of the main reasons I don't like rap is for the liberal use of cuss words totally out of context or the "need" for them.

That aspect aside it sounds coo. Nice backbeat.
Nothing that jumped out at me saying "damn, wl sux at teh mixage, and his voice...LMFAO".
The lyrics seem a little rushed at times (that is, lots of words crammed in between rhymes), which can make it harder to get the meaning. Outside of that, the rhymes are good and none felt forced - nothing sounds worse than someone horribly twisting the sound of a word just to make it "rhyme" with something else.

I give it 4 oboes.

moocow
10-02-2005, 09:16 AM
*ish Gangsta Dick's #1 fan!*

Kae, maybe not number one, but you know what I mean. I remember when you first wrote this song. <3 I likey. Of course, being an OBSESSED GANGSTA DICK LOVER my opinion might not be the best to go by! lololololol.

I'm kidding. It's really good, I love the little double.voice.echo.thing that you have goin on, it's cool :o

(I'm way to hyper this morning)

JayeM
10-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Again, I don't like rap, but that wasn't half bad. You have a good voice, and the lyrics were interesting.

But...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but...War Lord, you're not black.

Machiavelli
10-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I listen to rap and IMHO I think this is ok. It's good, not great, and it doesn't have anything special to it. It does sound a little rushed , but not to the point where it kills the whole thing. The lyrics are ok. They sounded like you were reaching, though. The song is, like I said before, good overall. I give it a 3 out of 5.

War Lord
10-02-2005, 03:26 PM
But...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but...War Lord, you're not black.

This would be relevant if I thought I were, however much like basketball, rap may seem like an all black activity, but if you start looking harder you'll find quite a few white people participating.

moocow
10-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Wait, Jarrod isn't black? Wtf, why didn't anyone tell ME this!?

Glitch
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Jarrod is a albino negro.

He had a negroplasty when he was 12. For those of you that know what I'm talking about...yes...he had the balls in his kneecaps too.

MrCow
10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
waait did he try and play basketball to and have them explode??!

War Lord
10-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Recorded and mixed the intro track, "Bring It Back".
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=27349

moocow
10-03-2005, 09:27 AM
! <3

j00 rock. Btw, I have you linked on my Xanga. Gonna stick you on my myspace too.

Gerudo
10-03-2005, 10:28 AM
i'll have to say, j-rod. appreciate the effort, but i think 'Bring It Back' is almost as annoying as The Whisper Song.

Life, on the other hand, i like very much.

War Lord
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
I see where you're coming from. Seems like for every person that liked the whisper song there were just as many that hated it. I'm going to need a catchy intro club-ish song though and bring it back serves that purpose well.

I had this funny idea, to appease the edited and church crowd at the same time. Instead of just silencing bad words, I punch in over top of them and say jesus. For example:
"Gangsta Jesus and D-Dquad Girl. Bring It, Bring It back."
"I'm gonna make you Jesus moan girl, Bring It, Bring It Back."

That is all.

moocow
10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Oooh, then they could play it in church!

Master Ghaleon
10-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Not bad man. Hafta let me bust some rhymes with ya ;)

War Lord
10-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Hoodies and T-Shirts are in.
Another new track up.

There's around 400,000 songs in my genre. I haven't really advertised at all yet and my song, "Life" is number 412 or something.

http://warlord.shatteredearth.net/IM000146.JPG

g4conman
10-08-2005, 03:55 PM
That was awesome dude, keep it up! :cool:

War Lord
10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I finished a new song, I'd really appreciate feedback on it as I feel it's my best so far. The lyrics, mixing, and effects are all on point I think.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=27349 - "Watch Your Friends"