PDA

View Full Version : Sex and Suicide

Machiavelli
09-30-2005, 06:03 PM
The article (http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/manhattan/nyc-rape0930,0,2146715.story?coll=nyc-topheadlines-left)

A teacher at my school had a sexual realtionship with a student. There was, and still is, a buzz about school. Rumors, rumors, of who the girl is. Newsapers, television. It was all over the place. Couldn't turn without hearing something.He was arrrested and met bail. Nice guy. Funny. Five kids.

He shot himself this morning. It was announced during an extended fourth period. I have never before experienced such a dead silence in my school. Everyone knew him and he knew everyone and it was a shock to hear it over the loudspeaker. The kids in the lunchroom got it the worst. The principal came down and said that Major commited Suicide. And then he told them how he did it. I think he was just angry sad. Sad faces were everywhere. Too many tears. Even the basketball team was in tears. They knew him the best. I know that girl feels like crap. Worse than dirt.

R.I.P

Lawrence Major

We already miss you

Edit: Found an article. (http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=our_schools&id=3493202)

ShadowTiger
09-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Oh, no, it happened to you too? :shakeno: I'm sorry that you had to experience what it feels like to have a death in your school as well. I'm so sorry for the loss, Machiavelli. =/

10th grade - Monday, June 16th, I think ... first period's announcements revealed that Nick DeMarco had died of heart failure on the Saturday before. Sad thing is, it was his Birthday. The Thursday before, we had bonded over Unreal Tournament GOTY. He sold me his version for $15. That was the last I'd ever seen of him.

SixTen
09-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I went to a small school, my graduating class had 78 students. Should have been 81. We had three students die. One died of a brain tumor. I was a real asshole to that guy, but he died while I was spending a year with my dad, so I never even got to apologize to him. One of the other kids died in a car crash, and the other died in a Jetski accident. Apparently he didn't know that you can't steer a jetski when the engine isnt running. He ran into his family's boat and bashed his head in.

Sad.

Lilith
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM
The only two suicides at my school, strangely, both happened on the same day and were horrible. They were totally unrelated though, or so it seems.

One was a current friend of mine's older sister. She had suffered through many attempts and eventually been pulled out of college for depression and kept at home where they tried to lock up anything she could use to kill herself. Unfortunately, she went to Target, bought some knives and stabbed herself to death in the woods. Her dad found her.

The second one was a guy in my class. He was relatively popular but somewhat quiet, I'd kind of liked him. It seems he had OD'd on his dad's medications, but decided he didn't want to die at the last minute. I'm not sure how or what happened, but I think he made a call to someone or 911 to get help and ended up dying anyway. That was shitty.

I was in Italy at the time, but I recieved an email about it and it was very...weird.

Axel
10-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Some guy I didn't know died in a car crash my senior year of high school. No suicides that I can think of, though. Although, I know of two girls who were pulled out of school for bringing knives, apparently with the intention of stabbing their ex-boyfriends. Sadly, I actually dated one of them before she started going out with the guy she planned to stab. She had alot of problems, really needed proffessional counseling.

MottZilla
10-01-2005, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't know if anyone I went to school with died or commited suicide. I imagine it has quite an effect on those that knew them. Ofcourse all those I've known that have died, were not particularly close to be thus I haven't really been effected.

Now those 5 kids of him have the rest of their lives to wonder why he did it and what really happened. They are probably whom will suffer more than anyone.

Archibaldo
10-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Last year near the end of the school year, a kid died at my high school. He was at the water slides and had drowned.

And the year before a really popular kid died in his senior year in a car crash. The school even dedicated a hockey trophy to him.

Goat
10-01-2005, 03:46 PM
A few weeks ago, my peppridge farms vendor killed himself. Im a receiver at Target, and I get to see these people one or two times a week, and you never really get to know any of them. I was kind of shocked at first, I didnt even know what his name was. It hit me alot harder than i thought it would, for someone I barely knew, so I got sad, drank, then realized; that guy was a pussy. How fuckign retarded is it to kill yourslef over solemthing as stupid as someone leaving you (his wife divorced him). Ive been in bad situations before where some girl didnt want me, I got depressed, I drank alot, hung out with my buddies, and everything was ok. Some people accuse me of not being very respectful of the dead, I say I'm just to respectful for the living, and the everyday problems we overcome. So I say it now, PEOPLE WHO KILL THEMSELVES ARE PUSSIES AND DESERVE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO THEM!!!!

Machiavelli
10-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Maybe you're right. Maybe they are cowards. I mean, how dare they. Taking the easy way out. Taking their own lives to get out of a bad situation. What makes tham think that they are so fucking special that they get that choice. Everybody else has to deal with their shit. They kill themselves and leave all their shit behind. But they are so selfish. They make it harder for the ones they leave behind. They don't give things a chance to play themselves out and they are so selfish that they think its all on them. That it's all their fault. GET OVER YOURSELF. THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU. Someone should shout that to them before thay take a loaded shotgun to the head and pull the trigger.

zoraking
10-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Why? If they want to be a coward. let them be a coward. They want to take the easy way out so they weren't worth being here in the first place.

Breaker
10-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Easy way out? Have any of you actually ever tried to kill yourselves? Not arguing whether or not it's a pussy way to go, but fuck if it's "easy".

goKi
10-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Easy way out? Have any of you actually ever tried to kill yourselves? Not arguing whether or not it's a pussy way to go, but fuck if it's "easy".

There's alot of truth to that. No real pussy would have the courage to do it.

MottZilla
10-02-2005, 01:14 AM
You shouldn't mock them, be glad they didn't have the will to rather than kill themselves, to go on a killing spree. Someone people rather than suicide when someone leaves them or they get fired, they go and kill that person.

And like Breaker said killing yourself is by no means "easy" for most people atleast. Even if you put a gun to your head, pulling that trigger is going to take alot more than you think, again, for most people. Some people certainly do have the balls or are just crazy enough to pull the trigger without a second thought. But most people I'd think, would have a very difficult time.

zoraking, who are you to say if they deserved to be here? You do realize that suicide in some situations is perfectly logical. Forinstance if you are most certainly fucked and have nothing to look forward to with a certainty, you might as well get it over with. Example, you're going to die a horribly painful drawn out death, perhaps from some disease there is no cure for and you won't survive. Why wait when you could kill yourself now? Or for people that will just be thrown in prison to suffer and rot till they die somehow. Suicide doesn't nessisarily make anyone less worthy than anyone else. Why they did it might change things, but in the end they were still a person that was driven to that somehow.

Oil well.

Lilith
10-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Wow you guys are being retarded.

Yes, everyone sees, feels, and thinks exactly the same way you do...especially people with mental and emotional diseases! Makes perfect sense.

Machiavelli
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
@ Breaker: Thats not really what I meant when I said easy. I didn't mean it's easy to kill yourself, I meant that they were running away from their problems.

@ zoraking: Mottzilla has a point. No one can decide who deserves to be here or not. We may feel like we can sometimes, but we can't.

Today was different. But not wierd or anything. A few tears still. The funeral is on thursday. I might go. Alot of people wore black today.

Breaker
10-03-2005, 07:30 PM
But there's gonna be peace in the valley tomorrow
'Cos tonight he's gonna blow it all away
He feels so twisted, he ain't ever gonna fix it,
He's just waiting for the light to shine on a brand new day.

Machiavelli
10-03-2005, 09:52 PM
But there's gonna be peace in the valley tomorrow
'Cos tonight he's gonna blow it all away
He feels so twisted, he ain't ever gonna fix it,
He's just waiting for the light to shine on a brand new day.
Well, thats because
He spends too much time with himself every night
Just foolin' around with his fears
And in the mornin' he mourns his declinin' line
Drownin' in a bottle of beer
It's too dangerous just to think about
What he might've been
If he'd 've thumbed for salvation
If he'd 've danced on his dreams

MottZilla
10-04-2005, 03:19 AM
@ zoraking: Mottzilla has a point. No one can decide who deserves to be here or not. We may feel like we can sometimes, but we can't.

Well there is one exception though. Forinstance on my local news, some 16 year old girl was apparently raped and murdered, then put in a SUV which was set on fire to try conceal the crime. This was apparently done by some guy that was a friend of hers and of her friends. They said something like she just wanted to be friends where as he wanted more, something. But anyways, my point is, in that case that person should have the living fuck beaten outta him for the rest of his life, which would only last till we find a good way to slaughter him. In that sense we can decide who deserves to be here. Infact I'm annoyed by the fact that this sort of thing is tolerated in a way. You can horribly slaughter some poor innocent person, and if you cooperate and say you're sorry or something, they just put you in prison to live sitting on your ass for free. They get books.. TV.. Food. When some, not all I guess, should be equally if not more so killed as they did to their victims.

Aegix Drakan
10-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I agree with Machiavelli to an extent

If you think about it, we did not give ourselves life, so what give us the right to take it away?

Most bad situations eventually work out. (example: I was failing horribly last year, and I managed to go from a crappy average to a 77% in two months) Most situations just require a bit of work, or just sme dumb luck. but if you kill yourself, you are not even giving it a chance. The only way I can justify suicide is if you jump in front of a bullet that was going to kill a loved one. in that sense, you are giving your life to the person you saved.

and to anyone reading this thread who is thinking of kiling themselves heed these words: IT'S NOT F-ING WORTH IT! SO WAKE UP!

Goat
10-05-2005, 08:59 PM
/me is teh gay

Machiavelli
10-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Woah there... what are you talking about? I was agreeing with you. I said that somebody should say that to a person who is about to kill themself. Reread my post. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Goat
10-05-2005, 09:11 PM
OK, I apologize too then, I for whatever reason thought you were attacking me. To save face and to keep myself from looking liek such an ass Im gonna pretend liek I never posted that, cause Im cool like that :)

Machiavelli
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Apology accepted. And yea, cool enough to get away with it :D.

Dechipher
10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
I agree with Machiavelli to an extent

If you think about it, we did not give ourselves life, so what give us the right to take it away?

Most bad situations eventually work out. (example: I was failing horribly last year, and I managed to go from a crappy average to a 77% in two months) Most situations just require a bit of work, or just sme dumb luck. but if you kill yourself, you are not even giving it a chance. The only way I can justify suicide is if you jump in front of a bullet that was going to kill a loved one. in that sense, you are giving your life to the person you saved.

and to anyone reading this thread who is thinking of kiling themselves heed these words: IT'S NOT F-ING WORTH IT! SO WAKE UP!

Did you even read everyone elses posts? It may get better, but what if however long it takes and wha tyou have to deal with on the way isn't worth it? Who are you to judge what others should do? Btw, I hardly consider failing school to be worthy of killing yourself. Perhaps a better example is more appropriate.

Aegix Drakan
10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
:( that's just my opinion, you can chose to like it or not.

and yes I did read everyone else's posts, that's all I seem to do these days.

sorry if you don't like my opinion, but I am entitled to it.

Goat
10-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh shit! He gots ya there! Thats my favorite part about an argument, youll always have the guy who has to get pissed off at someone elses comment and try to throw his opinion on him, and the original guy will come back, show maturity and intelligence and totally make him his bitch

Decipher = owned

Lilith
10-07-2005, 03:28 AM
I think it was because the initial guy was using an example that's kind of irrelevant to the matter of the posts. And I'm pretty sure Dechipher was just saying "killing yourself might possibly make sense in some cases if it weren't for entirely retarded reasons like the one you used". Since the initial poster used that as a seemingly prime example. You know.

I know you can see who gives you reputation.

Aegix Drakan
10-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah but I did apologize!

If that wasn't enough than I 'll say it again

I'm sorry if my opinion offended you, and I'm sorry if you feel I went off topic.

(BTW, thanks for the support, Goat :) )