PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a lock block ...

Tanza
09-29-2005, 03:18 PM
How do you make a lock block, or any other combo, that needs a key to make it go away? Also, since it's related, how do you make chests that contain an item?

Tanza
09-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Allright - i think i figured it out - i made a new combo with the selection Lock Block. But now i have these questions.

1. There's the 1st square that i made all pink so you couldn't pass through it. What's the second square that can be made all light blue for?

2. What's a lock block 2?

LinkMaster500
09-29-2005, 04:53 PM
I think lock block 2 is used as a combo that is unlocked with a dungeon's boss key.

Also, Tanza, please do not double post as the forum administrators do not like this. Use the edit button if you need to edit your posting.

DeFray
09-29-2005, 04:55 PM
1. The light blue square is for selecting certain areas of your combo to have different CSets. Notice the CSet2 box in the combo menu. All blue areas of the combo will be displayed in a different CSet from the rest of the combo, shown using a CSet that = the original CSet number + the number in the CSet 2 box.

In other words, if you cover the right side of the box in blue, and use the combo in CSet 3 with a CSet 2 value of -3, then the combo will display with its left side in CSet 3 but its right side in CSet 0.

2. If I'm not mistaken, a Lock Block 2 is also known as a copycat.

When you activate one lock block, all other lock blocks on the screen are also activated. A copycat is a lock block that the player cannot activate directly, but when they activate a normal lock block, the copycats change too.

So a copycat is a lock block that the player can't activate except by activating a different lock block.

Tanza
09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Something else - when i use a key on my lock block, it goes away and what appears under it is a goofy tile (passable though). How do i change that?

Freedom
09-29-2005, 08:57 PM
A lock block changes to the combo that is next to it on the combo page.

Dlbrooks33
09-29-2005, 09:24 PM
to make a chest appear:

Set the roomtype to special item and what ever item you want it to be.
set the screen flag to enemies secret
go to secret combos and ogto the misc tab
set flag 16 to the chest
once you select the chest, hold ctrl and click on the chest and set the flag to armos item.
I hope this helps ur second question.