PDA

View Full Version : Three problems

fire dragon
09-29-2005, 08:09 AM
I have three different problems,so if you know answer,please tell.Thank you!

1.I made potion shop on my game.But when I go inside with letter,I can buy two different medicines.BUT when I take potion,Link only walks over it!How I can fix this?

2.I make Palace of Winds dungeon.I want make moving objects,that carry Link over sky.How I can make it?

3.Can I put many triggers in same screen?Like you must push trigger 1. to get trigger 2.that opens door or something.

EXTRA:
This is extra question,it is little:What the dustpile item do?I'm curious.

LavaBall
09-29-2005, 08:30 AM
DustPile is a small item that the Triangle thing stays on,DustPile really IS not an item ;)

rocksfan13
09-29-2005, 08:38 AM
It can be used as an item. But that would be a waste. Makes for a good comic relief in a quest. :) :)

Jackdeldev
09-29-2005, 02:59 PM
2.I make Palace of Winds dungeon.I want make moving objects,that carry Link over sky.How I can make it?

Maybe you can try with the raft. Instead of water tiles, you make sky tiles. Use the raft tile, change it and make a flying divice, and use the raft flag for lifting towards the sky.

Could be an idea tho :)

DeFray
09-29-2005, 06:00 PM
3.Can I put many triggers in same screen?Like you must push trigger 1. to get trigger 2.that opens door or something.

Yes, but it takes a bit of work. You have to use something called layered, or tiered, secrets. Let's say you want Link to push a blue switch to create a red switch, then push the red switch to make a rock turn into a stairway. Make a quick example screen with a blue switch and a rock. Set the blue switch to "trigger temp" or "Trigger perm" so it triggers secrets.

Now, go into your Secret Combos, Misc. menu.
For future reference, the secret combo numbers are as follows:

16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Okay. So let's take a spot on the ground near our blue switch and decide to make the red switch appear there. Easy enough, right? We go into the secret combos menu and set combo 16 to be a red switch with the "trigger temp" or "trigger perm" combo type. Then we set combo 16 down on the ground anywhere.
Next, we want to make sure that the player can't just step on the blue switch twice to activate both secrets. So we set secret combo 17 with a picture of a pushed blue switch that has the "none" combo type, and put the flag for 17 on top of the blue switch.

Now let's say that we want the red switch to also turn into a pushed switch combo when stepped on. This is where the tiered secrets start coming in. Go into the secret combos menu and set a pushed red switch in combo 18. Then - this is the important part - go to combo 16, hold ctrl, and click it to put a secret combo on top of the secret combo. This way we can set secret combo 16 to turn into secret combo 18.

Okay, now for the rock that will disappear. Set combo 19 to be the exact same as the rock. Put flag 19 on top of the rock. Now, when the player first steps on the blue switch, the rock will change into another rock, but the player won't notice because it'll look the same. Now set a stairway in combo 20, ctrl+click combo 19, and set its secret combo to be 20. Now the second rock will turn into stairs when the second switch is pressed.

So the most important thing to remember is that you can hold ctrl and click on a secret combo to give it another secret. :)