PDA

View Full Version : Pressed Treasure Chests Rule

bigjoe
09-29-2005, 03:36 AM
This rule would make it where you have to press a button to open Treasure Chests, rather than just walking into them.

ShadowTiger
09-29-2005, 09:02 AM
But which button? :shrug: How would we do this? The last time I recommended an "Action Button" the idea got totally owned out of the water. O_o' If you press "A" to trigger it, you'd have to disable swords right in front of it, which would imply some major locational code. Same thing with "B".

Dark Nation
11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Well, I don't know who pwned the action button idea. It will be implemented at some point (for use like the action button in Z3 and such), just not sure when.

Freedom
11-07-2005, 03:45 PM
maybe set up the button system like the emulators do?

Arrow keys - direction
Z - Button A
X - Button B
A - Button L
S - Button R
Enter - Start
Backspace - Select
map - Space
Capture - F12

I'd really like to see a grab and pull function added, for like the statues noses/tongue, or whatever it was in LTTP and the mushrooms in Minish Cap

ShadowTiger
11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
DN, can I ask you a question, please? :) I suppose it's code related.

How hard-coded are the buttons, exactly? ... I mean, ... like, could you "duplicate" the function of a button's ability to be pressed, (Just to be pressed. Nothing more. Just so it's recognized that it's been pressed.) But then assign whole new actions to this button? It would be like adding a third arm instead of modifying one that you already have. ... Or like adding a .php file to your forum rather than modifying the files that are already there. Just *bam* and you're done. ... ... in somewhat more words though, of course. :p

Just a thought. Eh, the best I could do with my limited knowledge of code.

jman2050
11-08-2005, 09:18 AM
It's not hard in the least. We're just lazy.

cbailey78
01-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Well, take some ginseng to get you motivated!