PDA

View Full Version : Features that you like...

bigjoe
09-29-2005, 01:27 AM
What new features do you use, and to do what?

I use the "B" button during tile editing to switch a tile to the new coloring mode, and then switch csets and use said tile as a guide to recolor another tile. After I'm done, I delete the "B" tile and move on. It's very helpful.

I find aliases to be ESPECIALLY useful, particularly when handling large treasure chests and such entities.

Ive never really figured out the carving modes, and even if I did, It would be a strain to set up.

Diagonal moving Link seems cool, but there are too many bugs yet for me to use it, so I'm leaving it off.

Overall, the features added in this version rival such accomplishments as tile/combo animation and init data, and Im looking forward to seeing them fleshed out. :D

*b*
09-29-2005, 01:46 AM
out of the ones I've used so far

240 color mode, so that I can make more detailed sprites using bigger palettes

32x32 Link tiles

omni-directional movement

I haven't experimented with the other features yet, but I'm sure they will be fantastic

ShadowTiger
09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
32x32 Link tilesI'm not quite sure that these are actually 32x32. They only appear to be while selecting them, but in actuality, they might be something like 20x27. But again, I'm not quite sure. I mean, take a look at how they're laid out in the tiles page. The spaces kinda overlap, ... but ... ... you're right, that WOULD allow for a 32x32 range. Cool. o.o'

The diagonal-movement scheme works SOOO Wonderfully. They work beautifully too.

The "Reset Room" Combo will be a GODSEND. The new Event style will be FUN. I have an idea for how to get a custom boss working with only one looping path, using Tiered secret combos, full screen warps, (God, I hope that works. @_@) and that fancy new Event system. He can have up to fifteen or sixteen strike points with that system. DAMN cool! :D

Dungeon Carving mode is a mixed blessing. If we could fold away the combo pages like I'd suggested, it'd be a lot easier as it is, really. Or at least a lot more convenient. As it is now, the dungeon carving combos used are kinda "seperate" from the rest of the dungeon. Not quite like how it was previously. ... But meh ... It's just more combos to clutter up the combo page with. ;-D