PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea When Global Triggers Are To Be Implemented?

jessethe2nd
09-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Any estimates. I have thought of so many things that I can do in my quest with global triggers that I felt it necessary to ask.

Freedom
09-29-2005, 12:46 AM
They already are.

ShadowTiger
09-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah, it's basically just the clever use of regular events. :p

ZeldaLord
09-29-2005, 11:45 AM
I think he means ones that DON'T involve boss flags (which can be annoying sometimes). ;)

ShadowTiger
09-29-2005, 11:50 AM
If you're saying that having to trigger such a thing is irritating, you can just remove the trigger enemy from the room with the boss flag, and that will trigger the event almost the very instant that you walk into the room. :shrug: Every other screen on that same Dmap can have their events trigger as well if you set it up as you would want it to happen. To trigger something on another Dmap, you'd just pop into that Dmap and enter a screen with a boss flag and no enemy for just a fraction of a second and warp right back out, and that'll do that for you as well. :shrug: Though it depends on the level number, rather than the Dmap. But since level number is defined through the Dmap, you'd need to make another Dmap anyway to have it trigger on another Dmap.

ZeldaLord
09-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Of course, but the problem arises when you want to have more than one event in a dungeon (dungeon-wide puzzles, for example). Additional dmaps is one way of doing this, but let's imagine you have more than one factor which can be changed. This quickly fills up your maps. ;) (that's 2 ^ # of events that require a different dmap)

I was refering more to the suggestion DN made himself previously.