PDA

View Full Version : The Map Item in the Dungeons

Tanza
09-28-2005, 10:17 PM
As far as testing goes...when i pick up the map, the map displays, and so on. But when i visit the next dungeon, I Still have the map. Is there somehow something i have to do to clear that sort of data?

Also, i put bosses (enemies) and checked the "Dungeon Boss" enemy flag, but whenever i get there, they're all gone. Of course, the first dungeon, the boss was there.

Also, i get my first triforce piece...ok. Then in the next dungeon i get it, and i go to my screen and it only indicates one triforce piece has been acquired.

I believe these issues are related, but i need help solving them.

jessethe2nd
09-28-2005, 11:41 PM
It sounds to me like you are using a single dmap or seperate dmaps set as the same level. Asumming I am not mistaken this would explain all of your troubles.

Tanza
09-29-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't get the Level setting either. What's it used for? Because I have every map set at Level 1.

I have some Maps that have several DMaps on them. But this problem also occurs with maps that have its own DMap.

Something else that's small: When I enter the dungeon, link does this automatic 'move-upward' action. Is there a way to fix that?

jessethe2nd
09-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Thats your problem. The level is how you seperate the levels. The problem with your boss is that when you beat the boss in level one it registers as the boss be finished off. since you have all the levels set as the same level it registers the boss in the second level as being finished off as well. It is pretty much the same thing with your map and triforce peices. You can confirm this by either setting your levels to different values. :cool: :)

---------Edit-----------------------------------------

As for link not walking up make sure that the dmap he appears on is set as a dungeon map.

Tanza
09-29-2005, 12:25 AM
So now i know about levels. Thanks!

All of the dungeon maps are set as dungeon. But he still does that walking up thing

Freedom
09-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Triforce levels are 1 - 8, these level numbers have to be on the dmaps for those dungeons.

dmaps are the lifes blood of Zelda Classic, every time you warp, you warp from one dmap to another.
You can have as many dmaps per map as you want, use them to determine level number, color, music, etc.

In dungeon dmaps link walks forward 2 tiles when he enters a dungeon or another screen, in cave and overworld dmaps he doesn't.

Tanza
09-29-2005, 12:46 AM
ah - so i should set the dungeon entry point at the very bottom row.

I have my first triforce level - level 1 then, as only one floor. And my second triforce level consists of 3 floors, - do all three of those floors have to have the same level?

Furthermore, i have bosses guarding the entrance to the stair's room going up (down in my case). So i'd guess that killing that boss would wipe out all the other bosses marked at that level. So i'd then say maybe i can make an enemy (uncheck the boss flag) so that when it is killed, it -never- comes back?

Freedom
09-29-2005, 12:51 AM
You only use the boss flag for the level boss, the other enemies don't need it.
The green square (enterance position indicator) goes right up next to the edge of the screen above the door.

Some enemies don't return, like gleeoks, others like Gohma's do