PDA

View Full Version : ...Strange.

algam86
09-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Ok. The weirdest thing happened to me at school on Monday. (Sophomore, LMHS) Anyway, we had to do poetry, using a piece of clip art we picked, then writing about it, for our portfolio a couple of weeks ago. Here's a strange part: when we got our scores back, I got a hundred on my poem! I'm not a great poet, so I couldn't believe it, until I saw it. The other strange part is: I was the only person in the school (or so I was told) to get a hundred on my poetry! I only wrote about the BeatBlaster from Amplitude, but I guess it was better than I thought...

Just wanted to share it with you.

Machiavelli
09-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Thats great. Congrats.

Maybe you should post the poem here. Get some feedback from...people on the internet :shrug: .

phattonez
09-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Could you share the poem here so we can see why you got 100 (although how can someone grade poetry?).

Jemsee
09-29-2005, 06:30 AM
share the poem ...share the poem ... share the poem ...
Vary curious as to the content of your literary talent.

Had to look it up because I had no idea what BeatBlaster was.
Seems he is a game personality.
Now I really want to hear the poem. :D

BeatBlaster from Amplitude
"The concept of Amplitude is simple: you have three buttons (L1, R1, R2 or Square, Triangle, Circle) that correspond to a certain beat on an instrument bar. As a series of nodes makes its way to your Beatblaster (a small machine at the bottom of the screen), it's your job to press the correct button to recreate a song. Once you have finished with one series of nodes, you have to switch to other instruments within the song and perform the same task until the song is over."

DarkPanther
09-29-2005, 10:25 AM
The fact that you even did that makes me like you a little bit.

Everyone should write a poem paying homage to the awesomeness that is the Beat Blaster.

algam86
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Okay...I wanted to get my hands on a copy of my final draft...but I couldn't so, here's my second draft, modified a little bit.

The Lone Spacecraft

Adrift, solitary, gliding over violet,
A lone jade spacecraft rides a purple track.

Three pods, bridged together, reflect light
From shining green to deep rainforest hues.

Brilliant yellowish-green orbs emanate from the pods,
their light illuminating the path ahead.

The triangular entrance shutters to the pods
Shine from dazzling purple to dull crimson.

The pods' rear thrusters remind of rockets,
Sky blue, white mist emanating from the center pod.

The pods' bridges are expertly made
Like steel, inseperable, bonding them together.

Regardless of the forbidding landscape beyond the track,
The lone emerald spacecraft drifts on.

Okay. Those 'entrance shutters' are the little bars you see moving while you go through the song. The orbs are those little balls that zap the notes, and tell you how much health you have left by changing colors (mine was at full health, so...)

Please resist any booing, jeering, or threats to suicide-bomb my house or school if you hated that poem. Thanks.

Darth Marsden
10-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow. I don't hate that at all. It's pretty damn good. Even without seeing what you based it on, it still provides a thought-provoking experience. Very well done on getting 100, you deserved it.