PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Oysters

SixTen
09-27-2005, 10:35 PM
So I was out late last night, there was Captain Morgan's and Little Debbie Treats and all. I won't go into the details, but this morning I woke up with a hell of a hangover, and I remembered hearing about a drink called a Prairie Oyster that is supposed to help out with hangovers.

There are several different recipes you can find online, but the main ingredient is a raw egg. Now, I havent ever tried one... mainly because the thought of ingesting anything when the vibrations from my foosteps make me want to hurl just makes me that much sicker. But does anyone know if this actually helps at all?

deathbyhokie
09-27-2005, 10:54 PM
the only things i know of that help with hangovers are water, and more alcohol. either get rid of the dehydration, or get a buzz back so you won't be hungover.

SixTen
09-27-2005, 10:57 PM
The water I know of. It's about the only thing I could drink this morning.

Cloral
09-27-2005, 11:28 PM
A hangover is mostly dehydration. So anything that puts the fluid back without making you throw up will help.

Glitch
09-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Umm....aren't Prarie Oysters another name for cow balls? Or is that rocky mountain oysters?

Drunken Tiger
09-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Definately some water.. and maybe some bread if youre hungry.... =)

Daarkseid
09-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Or is that rocky mountain oysters?

It's rocky mountain oysters.

vegeta1215
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Sounds like someone has been taking lessons from Spike from Cowboy Bebop ;) (in one episode he talks about how he drinks Prairie Oysters to cure his hangovers)

Verman
09-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Ah....mr freezies are the best! I get a nice big one and eat it all up... Makes sense to do so because of the dehydration and shit.

SixTen
09-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Sounds like someone has been taking lessons from Spike from Cowboy Bebop ;) (in one episode he talks about how he drinks Prairie Oysters to cure his hangovers)
Yeah thats where I first heard of it, and I looked it up and it was a real drink. Otherwise I probaly wouldn't have given it a second thought.