PDA

View Full Version : Improved LttP Link: Get it here!

Dart Zaidyer
09-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Improved LttP Link (http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/DartZaidyer/EssentialLttP/lttplink-super.zip) for 2.11. Fixes several issues with the original rip and adds the small shield.
The files are locked, so when it asks you for the password, use "betabeta" and it should work.

Note that in order to get the shield color correct, you'll have to switch the tile to 8bpp mode (use the entire level palette) and redraw the lighter shade of blue.

Freedom
09-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Note that in order to get the shield color correct, you'll have to switch the tile to 8bpp mode (use the entire level palette) and redraw the lighter shade of blue.

What do you mean by this?
How do you change to 8bpp mode?

ShadowTiger
09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
When you're in the tiles screen, (Not drawing tiles, merely looking at them.) press "B" and THEN enter a tile to draw in it. The 16 colors at the bottom of the screen should expand into a myriad of colors. :p I think it's 256 colors. Obviously, I'm not counting. XD

Freedom
09-27-2005, 11:17 PM
And it then shows in the player with the 256 colors?

Dart Zaidyer
09-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Yes, it will. I just checked.
You'll want to be careful that it doesn't swap out the transparent color though. Somehow that happened to me. (Probably another bug, but it's easy enough to fix. Just double-check it.)

As an aside, if you're astute you'll notice the "B" key relates to "bpp", which is short for "bits per plane". Normally, a 16-color tile is 4 bits per plane. 8 bits per plane equates to 256 colors, which is what you get when you switch it.

Freedom
09-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Man, that opens up a whole new world, that's really going to be nice on the Minish Link tiles, there just weren't enough colors to get them right.
Wish I knew that yesterday before I did all the shield tiles that now I'll have to redo.

This release is almost like having to learn ZC all over.

jman2050
09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
When you're in the tiles screen, (Not drawing tiles, merely looking at them.) press "B" and THEN enter a tile to draw in it. The 16 colors at the bottom of the screen should expand into a myriad of colors. :p I think it's 256 colors. Obviously, I'm not counting. XD

240. The last 16 are locked for the GUI