PDA

View Full Version : BC1st Quest Released! Post Here!

boram_c
09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
My first quest, BC1st, has just been released!

If you have any questions or catch any bugs, post them here. I want to know how well I did on this one so that my future titles will be better! ;)

annnot
09-27-2005, 03:11 PM
My first quest, BC1st, has just been released!

If you have any questions or catch any bugs, post them here. I want to know how well I did on this one so that my future titles will be better! ;)

:odd: Where is it? :odd:

ms_zelda_lady
09-27-2005, 03:26 PM
annot, its in the database at zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net
I've finished the first dungeon already. Very nice remake boram_c Found a few treasures in new areas that I'll need to go back and get later. Spent almost the last hour looking in the area given in the clue for level 2 but still can't find it. It wasn't in the obvious place that I first checked out so can you give me a tiny little bit more of a hint?

Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

boram_c
09-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Spent almost the last hour looking in the area given in the clue for level 2 but still can't find it. It wasn't in the obvious place that I first checked out so can you give me a tiny little bit more of a hint?
Use what you found in the first dungeon to expose the next dungeon. I suggest that you start near the Armos statues.

elise
09-27-2005, 05:43 PM
somehow I can't even find level 1 :D

Zelda_Warrior
09-27-2005, 05:47 PM
I've played the quest as faras level 2, so far it's pretty good.

ms_zelda_lady
09-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the help boram_c. I'll be going to find level 2 tonight.

ms_zelda_lady

elise
09-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks Ms Zelda lady for the PM :)
found it

ms_zelda_lady
09-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Found and finished level 2. Having a lot of fun but will have to stop and try to find level 3 later tonight when I get back. Love the way you've made your quest. People have to really think where the levels are.

ms_zelda_lady

Crackers
09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm in lv2 and have gone as far as I can. I need the bow. Can you give me a hint as to where it might be? So far you've done a nice job. Looking forward to see what you've done in lv3

boram_c
09-28-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm in lv2 and have gone as far as I can. I need the bow. Can you give me a hint as to where it might be?
I assume you've encountered a Gohma who won't let you advance…

There should be two keys within the second third of Level 2; one locked door within the second third leads to the aformentioned Gohma, and another leads to the Bow. You'll need to fight your way through a few enemies to reach each key within the second third. If you reach a dead end room, check the blocks.

ms_zelda_lady
09-28-2005, 09:50 PM
I've been looking for level 3 but can't find it even with the hint given. I did find and finish level 4, and have even found an extra heart and the letter. Please will you give me another clue to help me find level 3?

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

boram_c
09-29-2005, 01:22 AM
I've been looking for level 3 but can't find it even with the hint given. I did find and finish level 4, and have even found an extra heart and the letter. Please will you give me another clue to help me find level 3?
Whoa! Didn't expect anyone to find the Letter so fast!

Here's a hint: In the original quest, there were not one but three locations to get BIG BUCK$!!. If you know where the two, lesser-known locations are at, then you know where to go.

ms_zelda_lady
09-29-2005, 01:42 AM
Sorry but that doesn't help me. I can only remember one spot and I've already checked over there and it wasn't there.
The only reason I found the letter was because I was trying to find the 3rd level and was burning, bombing and using the bow and arrow all over the place.
Starting to get frustrated now so if anyone else is playing can you please send me a pm or post here.

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

LinkMaster500
09-29-2005, 02:40 AM
I notice one bug in this quest. The side warp was not set for Link to warp out of Level 4. So if you want to exit this level, other than getting the Triforce, you will have to exit, then hit "Save", then restart.

As for Level 3, go to the Lost Woods screen, then go right. Burn one of the trees. Hint: It's the same tree that led to one of the 100-rupee bonuses in the original First Quest.

ms_zelda_lady
09-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Thank you LinkMaster500. I've been going in circles for 2 days and I'm very dizzy.....LOL

ms_zelda_lady

boram_c
09-29-2005, 02:37 PM
I notice one bug in this quest. The side warp was not set for Link to warp out of Level 4. So if you want to exit this level, other than getting the Triforce, you will have to exit, then hit "Save", then restart.
Good catch! I'll have an updated version set up soon.

ms_zelda_lady
09-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I've finished the first 4 levels and have found both levels 5 and 6 but keep dying trying to just get through level 5. Please a hint from anyone as to where the blue ring is will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

LinkMaster500
09-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I think the Blue Ring is in Level 5.

boram_c
09-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Please, a hint from anyone as to where the blue ring is will be much appreciated.
Push every block you see—not just the ones you expect to be pushable, but also the others in the room. I suggest you check in a room that has diagonally arranged blocks. If you find a passage that leads to a spiral path and Wall Masters, you've hit the spot. Just be prepared to pay for your ring—and I'm not talking about rupees!

ms_zelda_lady
09-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the help boram_c. If I have to give up a heart to get the blue ring, I'm first going to try to find a few more hearts so at least I can get the magic sword.

ms_zelda_lady

boram_c
09-30-2005, 03:10 PM
If I have to give up a heart to get the blue ring, I'm first going to try to find a few more hearts so at least I can get the magic sword.
Hearts, yes; Heart Container, no. I just mean that the ring is heavily guarded.

Crackers
09-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the help on the bow. Got it. Where is the 1st bomb upgrade? I seem to use mine up pretty fast. Also, where is the ladder? I thought it would be in lv3. Having fun so far, even if some of the levels are hard to find. Good job.

ms_zelda_lady
09-30-2005, 07:46 PM
I found a bomb upgrade and the ladder both in level 4. If you think some of the earlier levels were hard wait til you see levels 5 and 6.

ms_zelda_lady

LinkMaster500
09-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Crackers, have you beaten Level 3 yet, because in the level where the ladder is, you need it to finish the dungeon. I think you can find it in level 4.

Oops, Ms. zelda lady mentioned that the ladder was in Level 4, and I didn't see that.

rocksfan13
10-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't know if it's me or what, but there was a cave walk down bug on screen 81 on the map that level 4 is on that doesn't allow you to take the passageway accross. If it's been fixed that's great, but if not, you might want to.

boram_c
10-01-2005, 05:08 PM
[T]here was a cave walk down bug on screen 81 on the map that level 4 is on that doesn't allow you to take the passageway accross.
Oh, dear, I just noticed this as well! So much for my attempt to modify the passageways! I'm on it right a way.

I've sent JayeM a copy of an updated quest file, having fixed the bug mentioned above. Hopefully this doesn't happen again…

Crackers
10-01-2005, 05:20 PM
I finished lv3 and am trying to beat lv4 but keep dying. I sure could use the hammer for the darknuts. They're kicking my butt. Have died a lot in this level. And you say it gets harder? I do have the ladder. Gotta get myself a ring!!

LinkMaster500
10-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Do you have the letter yet, so you can buy potions? Also, have you been looking for additional heart containers in the overworld?

As far as the hammer, it is not in this quest. Even if it were, you couldn't access it because the subscreen used is the same as for the regular Zelda 1st and 2nd quests.

boram_c
10-01-2005, 08:15 PM
[The darknuts are] kicking my butt. Have died a lot in this level. And you say it gets harder? I do have the ladder. Gotta get myself a ring!!

Do you have the letter yet, so you can buy potions? Also, have you been looking for additional heart containers in the overworld?
It takes some searching to find the letter. You cannot get extra Heart Containers with Bombs and Candle alone, and you cannot buy the Blue Ring in stores. Wait until Level 5 before you worry about getting the Blue Ring.

Crackers
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Yes, I do have the letter. Have managed to get past or beat the darknuts but the geelok is another matter. I can't beat the boss even with potion. I have the white sword but guess I just don't have enough hearts yet. I have 7 at this point. I'm sure eventually I'll beat lv4. How do I get to the upper left 3rd room down. I assume this is the bomb upgrade? I've bombed and tried to walk thru but no luck. Still a fun quest!!

boram_c
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
How do I get to the upper left 3rd room down. I assume this is the bomb upgrade? I've bombed and tried to walk thru but no luck. Still a fun quest!!
I don't quite understand what you are asking. You have the map right? Tell me which room you wish to reach according to the row and the column on the map and I can better help you.

Dlbrooks33
10-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Great quest!!!

rocksfan13
10-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I'd say level 5 is hard! Quite a challenge for inexperienced players. You will need potion. The blue ring itself wasn't that hard to uncover. It was getting to it! Great job Boram_c!

BTW: Power Braclet- dungeon or overworld. Been all over the overworld and still haven't found it. Any hints?

Also: Another game stopping bug! The map level 6 is on screen 81 will not let you walk along the bottom.

boram_c
10-03-2005, 03:26 PM
BTW: Power Braclet- dungeon or overworld. Been all over the overworld and still haven't found it. Any hints?

Also: Another game stopping bug! The map level 6 is on screen 81 will not let you walk along the bottom.
The Power Bracelet is in a dungeon. Just push blocks in a room with many rows and columns of them.

Because this is in the realm of a dungeon, I realized the bottom is unwalkable. I'll fix it by shortening the stairs.

rocksfan13
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Any hint as to which dungeon?

boram_c
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Any hint as to which dungeon?
"D" for dominate. Having the map helps; you don't have to travel too deep within the dungeon to get it.

Crackers
10-03-2005, 07:41 PM
The room I can't get into is 2nd column from the left down to row 4. I bombed walls but no entrance to this room.

boram_c
10-03-2005, 08:06 PM
The room I can't get into is 2nd column from the left down to row 4. I bombed walls but no entrance to this room.
You should be able to bomb your way to enter from the room just south of it.

rocksfan13
10-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Found ya another oops. Take a good look at level 9's entrance. Also you need to place continue spots for the places for the whistle warps. Right now when you whistle there, you get stuck in a tree or something else. and have to quit and continue. Also: Is there a hint to the path for level 7?

And you aren't kidding! Level 8 boss? Ouch! WAY TOO HARD!

boram_c
10-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Found ya another oops. Take a good look at level 9's entrance. Also you need to place continue spots for the places for the whistle warps. Right now when you whistle there, you get stuck in a tree or something else. and have to quit and continue. Also: Is there a hint to the path for level 7?
The case for Level 9 was for when I had to check the dungeon itself for bugs. I had to disable the entrance guard so I could enter and check.

Look at the way the stones are pointing. You'll get something similar in Level 9. Only one hint: Lost Woods × 2

rocksfan13
10-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Ok, got it. I now have everything done. Need level 6 and 9 fixed to finish. Very good quest. Can't wait to finish.

BTW: Still willing to test MY new one?

boram_c
10-04-2005, 02:34 PM
BTW: Still willing to test MY new one?
Certainly, that's what I've been doing, right? Now it is your turn to nitpick on me!

rocksfan13
10-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I'll send you it when it's done.

rocksfan13
10-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm lost? I don't understand. You also missed the whistle for level 8. Is there a map and compass in level 9?

boram_c
10-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm lost? I don't understand. You also missed the whistle for level 8. Is there a map and compass in level 9?
I wrote down "06" in the room space when I meant "60"!

Keep checking blocks to see if any shutters open, particularly in a room with a spiral.

Never shy from using bombs.

Did you reach the room with the hint? Try going two rooms south from there.

If you find a room that seems to be a dead end with statues, Wizzrobes and Like Likes, bomb your way to another room.

rocksfan13
10-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I wrote down "06" in the room space when I meant "60"!

Keep checking blocks to see if any shutters open, particularly in a room with a spiral.

Never shy from using bombs.

Did you reach the room with the hint? Try going two rooms south from there.

If you find a room that seems to be a dead end with statues, Wizzrobes and Like Likes, bomb your way to another room.

I found Ganon and all the rest of the stuff. I was just wondering if there is a map and compass in this level. I never came accross them.

boram_c
10-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I found Ganon and all the rest of the stuff. I was just wondering if there is a map and compass in this level. I never came accross them.
Yes, but they are located in hidden rooms (ones that do not show up). I gave you hints in where to find both items, particularly about the compass being two rooms south of the hint room, within the "neck". The map involves traveling two west from a room containing many Like Likes into a room with two Patras, within an "eye".

Thanks for your comment, by the way.

rocksfan13
10-08-2005, 12:27 PM
No problem. And thanks for the help. One more boo boo. The last phrase in your string list is was gets printed after the player has beaten it. You need to add another. Right now it says the hint of all the secrets in level 9.

Coach
10-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Bug! Unable to pick up or buy bombs. I lose the 20 rupees when I buy them, but they arent added to my inventory

rocksfan13
10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
You have the wrong quest coach. The quest you want is 2.10test.

Coach
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Not sure if thats the case......... I just loaded 2.10test and it appears to be exactly the same as the first quest, just different graphics. We are talking about the quest that Boram_C made, right?

boram_c
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
I noticed the bomb bug when I was testing the game out after fixing another bug. The final update should be coming out in due time.

rocksfan13
10-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Did you get that message about the final string boram?

boram_c
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Did you get that message about the final string boram?
yes, and after some adjustments and testing, I finally got it to work. I handed a copy to Coach so he can check it out.

Coach
10-13-2005, 02:45 PM
I gave him my home email addy, so I will test it when I get home tonight

rocksfan13
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Good show you guys! As far as I can tell that was the last thing.

Coach
10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Hopefully that is it. As long as the bomb bug is taken care of, everything else looked kosher. I'll drop a line to the both of you later tonight

rocksfan13
10-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, my newest is couple of floors away from being finished. I'm counting on you guys to help me out when it is. :) :)

Coach
10-13-2005, 05:58 PM
What tileset are you using Rock?

UPDATE!!!!

Bomb bug is fixed. Will check the string later on - have to run out

rocksfan13
10-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Same as the last, but with much more.

Coach
10-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,
Look at the attached screen shot. How do I get in the two rooms I've missed?

Screenshot (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda002.bmp)

erm2003
10-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey guys,
Look at the attached screen shot. How do I get in the two rooms I've missed?

Screenshot (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda002.bmp)

Bomb up from the room on the left side. I think there were wall masters in there.

Coach
10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Cant find level 4. Help :)

boram_c
10-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Coach, did you explore the rooms you missed in Level 3 and claim the treasure there? If so, then you should have access to an area where you can receive a hint in finding Level 4. You will need to do some major traveling to get there, but a treasure found in the dungeon should reduce the travel time between Link's starting point and the Level 4 dungeon.

thedawn
10-17-2005, 03:34 AM
hey boram_c, thanks for the hint...i have found level 4...but am not finish yet with level 3!

Coach
10-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Can someone who has completed this quest tell me where the letter is? I've gotten the clue from the old woman southwest of the Lost Woods, but cant find it anywhere. 120 rupees a shot to get red potion is killing me. Thanks :)

thedawn
10-26-2005, 11:39 PM
look at your overworld map....now from the "bottom left corner" 3 screens to your right...and burn all the trees there and you would see the letter.

rocksfan13
10-27-2005, 07:39 AM
1 south of the lost woods.

thedawn
10-29-2005, 06:59 PM
got your pm boram...thanks...its a great enjoyable quest!

thedawn
10-29-2005, 10:34 PM
hey boram..any hint on how i could find my way through the level boss of 7 ? I got already the two treasures there.. and i found a box that says "There exist some walls that are made of neither bricks and nor stone" .. been enjoying your quest...its so nice.. with some new modification on dungeon 7.

thedawn
10-30-2005, 12:44 AM
got your pm boram..thank you....wheww...level 6 is really hard... i got dizzy roaming around!very nice quest

thedawn
10-30-2005, 01:21 AM
hey boram.. i saw the tombstone and touch that previously.. i went there already.. the problem is that i use bomb on those walls..i forget to pass through! hahaha.. boy can u find the boss? hey any hint for this boram? its like the lost woods inside the dungeon? i cant pass north-west-south-west...! i tried to use bomb and flute..no way to find the level boss!

boram_c
10-30-2005, 12:26 PM
boy can u find the boss? hey any hint for this boram? its like the lost woods inside the dungeon? i cant pass north-west-south-west...! i tried to use bomb and flute..no way to find the level boss!Do the stones in that very room say something? Read them and find out.

thedawn
10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
When i tried to read the "stones" they are pointing going to left...going down...going right...going down.... < V
V >

i tried to do it...but i cant pass through.pls help

boram_c
10-31-2005, 01:02 AM
When i tried to read the "stones" they are pointing going to left...going down...going right...going down.... < V
V >Read them in order like a book.

thedawn
10-31-2005, 04:42 AM
thanks boram..am on my way to level 9.

thedawn
10-31-2005, 05:37 AM
boram i just got only 1 treasure in level 8.... may i just know if the magical key is inside this level 8. i have got all the items.. except the magical key before i proceed to level 9. thank you.

boram_c
10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
may i just know if the magical key is inside this level 8.No, it is not there.

thedawn
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
boram am on level 9...i got already the compass and the map.. can u give me a hint on this box... just below the "start" of the "skull map" ... there is again "somewhat like lost woods"...all doors would be open...if you go to left it would be the same box..if you go right then you would be returning with red balls and no sword!! i really like your quest. congrats for a job well done!

thedawn
11-01-2005, 03:19 AM
thanks i got your pm.

nanami
11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
I can't find Level 7 boss. Please Help!
I don't understand where I have to read stone.

boram_c
11-04-2005, 10:01 PM
I can't find Level 7 boss. Please Help!
I don't understand where I have to read stone.Take a look at the room again and see if the stones are telling you something.

nanami
11-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Take a look at the room again and see if the stones are telling you something.

Thanks, I finally noticed.

Now, I found out silver arrow.
But I can't defeat Gleeok with Aquamentuses befor Ganon.

How can I go to nose(red ring)?

boram_c
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Now, I found out silver arrow.
But I can't defeat Gleeok with Aquamentuses befor Ganon.

How can I go to nose(red ring)?Do you have the wand? Consider the wand a secondary weapon in fighting the multiple dragons in case your sword is disabled.

The Red Ring is obtainable near the end of the dungeon. Just check the blocks in rooms near Ganon's room for a secret passage. Expect heavy opposition, though.

nanami
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Do you have the wand? Consider the wand a secondary weapon in fighting the multiple dragons in case your sword is disabled.

The Red Ring is obtainable near the end of the dungeon. Just check the blocks in rooms near Ganon's room for a secret passage. Expect heavy opposition, though.
Finally, I defeated Ganon. (Was Ganon stronger than usually?)
I enjoyed your quest most in a lot of quest. Thank you very much!

I am looking forward to your next quest.

thedawn
11-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Congrats Nanami! that room in level 9 with 2patras,2manhandas,2digdogger is difficult..