PDA

View Full Version : n00b needs help.

XxVDSxX
09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times, I did a quick search that did send me in the right direction. However, it did not solve my problem fully.

I downloaded a custom quest, it opened in wordpad. I did "browse" and open it with ZQuest. (version 2.10w) Once I did that, I opened the prog, started a new game, click A, A to search for the custom quest, but it did not show up?

I also tried to open the DL'd custom quest with Zelda Classic, but that promted an error message, and shut it down.

I have windows XP if that helps. I'm completely lost at this point. I did everything I could think of. Also, when I type the letter "D" when reg. a new name, for a new game, it won't work. I press it and it skips right to "register name"

Not sure if the problems are connected or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this site, I'm bothered I didn't come across it further.

Thanks again in advance.

ZeldaLord
09-27-2005, 02:08 PM
First, don't open custom quests in Zquest. ;)
Secondly, you say the quest didn't show up? Are you sure its in the right directory?
2.10 sometimes closes for no reason at all in XP, it's a common bug, unfortunately. :sweat:
I've never heard of the problem with the D key, though.

koopa
10-04-2005, 07:25 AM
I'd guess you've set the D key to some in-game function (check in the menu), but that's just a guess.