PDA

View Full Version : So, I see there is an update to the ongoing beta reports.

KJAZZ
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Very nice to see some news, especially in that topic. Nice work Jman, DN, FCF. :D

The "Secrets disable timed warps" screen flag sounds useful for things other than custom bosses as well as helping the custom bosses themselves.

ZeldaLord
09-26-2005, 06:05 PM
I like the sound of Direct Timed Warps and Preview Mode. :D
Although...I remember hearing on PZC about something called "Isometric Mode"... Was this ever a real feature, and if so, what is/was it? :eyebrow:

Also, why hadn't there been an update for so long? If we're already on 2.11, there must have been many betas inbetween.

ShadowTiger
09-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Ah. Isometric Mode can be found Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=87243). There aren't many updates because the new features being worked on are kinda ... well, ... a depart from what you usually see in terms of the previous ZC upgrades and features. :p Trust me, when they're finished, you'll be in awe. ^_^' Ever since jman2050 was inducted into the ZC Developer role that he's now filling so well, things have been nothing but uphill. ... ... not like an uphill BATTLE I mean, .. ... bah, I'm tripping on my words.

Dart Zaidyer
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
It's "relational" mode now, actually. But it works the same.

Some new breakthroughs are definitely being made. Wait until you see the new improvements to Link!

ZeldaLord
09-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Ah. Isometric Mode can be found Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=87243). There aren't many updates because the new features being worked on are kinda ... well, ... a depart from what you usually see in terms of the previous ZC upgrades and features. :p Trust me, when they're finished, you'll be in awe. ^_^'

Hm, seems interesting. Any idea when that'll be?
I'll admit I've heard about some pretty amazing things, like 256 color csets, but I've got no idea whether they're true or not. :eyebrow:

As for the Link improvements, I think I already know about them. Jman made a topic. :p

Cloral
09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
That post was kinda a compilation of things that have been done over the past couple of months. So yeah, isometric mode was posted about previously.

jman2050
09-26-2005, 10:04 PM
As for the Link improvements, I think I already know about them. Jman made a topic. :p

You only have half the story.

rocksfan13
09-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Jman strikes again! Seems like someone has been very busy! Glad to see the improvements. Can't wait for it. I especially can't wait for the preview mode. That will deffinately be a major time saver! Keep up the great work you guys! :) :)

Imzogelmo
09-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Awesome, Bravo, Excellent!
I can't wait to see the next version. :D

Shoelace
09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Combo Cycles on all layers! I love you! Anyways, the beta sounds great so far (especailly with the midi bug fix). As I made custom bosses, I am drooling all over this. I am just pondering if I should hold off in making "The Dark Shadow" for the next beta. Hmm... Also, will this beta be able to play 2.10 games (since it would be the better version to play on since the midi bug is gone).

Dlbrooks33
10-01-2005, 06:35 AM
It should, I just want to know, when is it coming out?
One more questin, Is there going to be a new mapmaker with this one?

O, and I love the midi fix bug, because that bug was getting annoying when you were listening to your favorite midi, then it just start taking out somebeats and stick with it like that until you close the program.

jessethe2nd
10-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I like the sound of dungeon carving mode and Isomtric. Though I do not know how it would set up or if it would work with the more extravegant dungeon walls and water. Any one know? O, Thank god the midi bug is fixed. :) Actually I think we should thank the devolopers.

Dlbrooks33
10-01-2005, 06:53 PM
i also love the ability to make layers without haveing to waste time and screens trying to set up another one.

Anthus
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
This is great! I hope you guys get rid of that stupid thing that makes Link move an extra two tile spaces when he comes through a walless door (dungeon d-map only)...

This is annoying because it makes it a real bitch to make doors...

Dlbrooks33
10-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I hope so to, so the dungeon rooms can be bigger and the doors can be at the edge of each screen like in link's awakening.

Anthus
10-02-2005, 11:32 AM
What about AlttP style screens? That would be cool...

ZeldaLord
10-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't be easy. From what little I know about programming, I can hazard a guess that each screen is a separate "object". If that's the case, they wouldn't be easy to combine (think, each screen has many variables associated with it (warps, coordinates, strings, enemies, etc), what would happen to those if 2 screens were linked by scrolling?).

Dlbrooks33
10-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it seems fairly complicated to implement that.

Fortis Nova
10-06-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't know, but I think that, as both the Alttp scrolling and Zelda 1 type screen transitions are found in Alttp, it simply has several sizes of rooms or screens. To implement that in ZC, the programmers might have to make a new type of screen 'object,' one for each different size, from scratch.

It would be cool to make a 2 x 2 screen or such like, but I imagine it would take a long time to program, if at all.

All that aside, the preview mode will be quite handy, I expect.

Dlbrooks33
10-06-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah so we wnot have to take over 10 to 15 minutes to test one thing.

ZeldaLord
10-08-2005, 03:51 PM
59. New security measures: To prevent cheating and stealing of passwords, several security measures were taken, one of which is the heavy encryption of the quest password. In fact, DN did such a good job that not even I can see off-hand what the password to a quest is. (and from what I can see, DN didn't allow anyway for us to do that). However, a backdoor has been provided for those who forgot their passwords. When loading a quest and typing in the password, a challenge hash will appear. If given to one of us developers, we'll be able to provide a 'backdoor' password (all dependent on the original quest password) for one-time entry that will give the opportunity for the quest maker to regain access. Make sure this works correctly, and that all existing cheating programs don't work.ZConsole is the least of your worries... :(

How is it going to be for "one-time entry", though? Does that mean it changes your password? :eyebrow:
And also, would it be possible to make the backdoor password (and the quest hash) machine-dependant? I've heard of it, and I'm just wondering if it'd be possible. That might make it even more secure...

Dlbrooks33
10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Might, all we can do is hope.