PDA

View Full Version : VBA Link Help

Monica
09-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I got the new Visual Boy Advance with Link Support. Can anyone tell me how to work it? I have Wireless Adapter checked and all I want to do is transfer my game from Golden Sun 1 to 2, can anyone help please? Thanks! :)

ZeldaLord
09-24-2005, 07:24 PM
There's a VBA with link support? :odd:
Where is it? I didn't see anything about it on their site...

Darth Marsden
09-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Okay, I only got the Visual Boy Advance thing working with Zelda Four Swords, and even then it kept timing out, so I can't really help you with that. Thankfully, you don't need to know, because you can also transfer your game from Golden Sun 1 to Golden Sun 2 in a different manner. I'm going to take the following from Lemurian Moon (http://www.planetnintendo.com/goldensun/lemuria/), a pretty damn good Golden Sun website.

1) Find your Golden Sun cartridge and pop it into your GBA. (Or, in your case, load it in VBA) First of all, you need to have one of the three save spaces clear, because otherwise this won't work.

2) Press the R button, Left on the D-Pad & Start at the title screen.

3) A 'Send' option will appear along with the standard 'New Game', 'Load Game' and 'Battle' options. If you can't get step 3 to work, try holding the R button, Left on the D-Pad & the B Button on the title screen.

4) You'll see a screen similar to the 'Load Game' screen. Choose the cleared data option.

5) You'll get two options here. The link cable method is convenient and straight forward, but most of us don't have two GBAs (Personally, I have a GBA and the GBAPlayer for the Gamecube so I'm okay :p), so you'll want to skip this step and move to the next one.

6) Choose a password level. You're probably better off picking Gold, since otherwise you'll lose your Gold and Items, and we all know how much us RPGers love our items. Write down the password given, AND MAKE SURE YOU GET IT EXACTLY. One wrong letter and you'll have to start the whole thing again.

7) Pop Golden Sun: The Lost Age into your GBA (Or load it in VBA) and start a new game.

8) It'll ask you 'Do you want to transfer data from Golden Sun?' If you choose "NO" then the game begins without transferring all your goodies, so...

9) Choose "YES". You'll see a screen with two options. Since we've got a password all lovingly written down, choose the 'Password' option.

10) Enter that password!

11) If you entered the password correctly, you'll get a "Password OK!" message. If not... uh-oh. Back to Step 6.

12) Since everyone's name is defaulted, you get to rename Isaac again. If you want to rename the rest of your team (and who doesn't?), enter the following:

Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Select. (Yes, exactly as you did in the first game. How very observant of you.)

13) Once you've done that, you get a screen where you can check Isaac and company's status, level, HP, djinns, etc. In the manual for Lost Age, it claims that there is a confirmation screen. This is it.

More importantly, don't panic about the number of Djinn shown! What you see is just the Djinn attached to Isaac. Check each person's status with Left and Right. The Djinn are scattered about seemingly at random, so if you have all 28 djinn, everyone'll get 1 or 2 of each type, adding up to 7 of each.

And that's it, I think. I haven't actually done this yet (haven't finished Golden Sun yet, so haven't had a chance to) but I think that should be okay. Have fun with that and let me know how it turns out!

Cloral
09-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I've done that and it works. Big pain in the ass though. Going through the whole password thing probably takes about half an hour. If you can get the link to work that would be a lot better.

Darth Marsden
09-25-2005, 09:27 AM
I've done that and it works. Big pain in the ass though. Going through the whole password thing probably takes about half an hour. If you can get the link to work that would be a lot better.Yeah, I'm sure it is a pain, but (as you said) it does work and it's handy in case you can't get the link to work, which Monica can't seem to do at the moment. Better something then nothing, eh? ;)