PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Third Quest, Alphadawg.

dennren
09-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Unofficial Third Quest, Alphadawg.
So I guess Alphadwg's page is down (what a drag). Anyway, I've slacked off playing Z for a while because I am ready to find level 8 and I am afriad I am a bit stuck. I produced the bridge to arrive at the far west side of the map but I cannot find a way to advance at the game at this point. I think perhaps I am getting ahead of myself and overlooking some detail or item that needs minding before I am able to procede... or perhaps not. Maybe I am seeking 8 (or the next step) in all the wrong places.
Anyway, advice requested. Hints are perfered over outright instructions. Course I may later prove to be thickheaded to hints and need to be hit over the head. Many thanks in advance. -dennren in nyc.

vegeta1215
09-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Hmmm...did you already beat the Turtle Rock level? (level 7)

Level 8 can be found on one of the screens with lots of trees you can cut down - there is an old man in one of the dungeons that says the entrance has become "overgrown". To get there, you have to go through some caves on the south west portion of the map. It's been a while since I've played this quest, so I hope I'm remembering everything correctly.

dennren
09-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Yes, I did beat Turtle Rock (level 7). I remember that clue from the old man and I have been to the two "overgrown" looking screens. In fact in one of them (the west one) I got a stair case to open, but I can not reach the stair because of the trees/bushes. Am I overlooking an item that will help me or am I going about this all wrong. -d.

vegeta1215
09-25-2005, 12:36 AM
One of the screens with lots of trees has the level 8 entrance, and the other has nothing at all. Try them both. You don't have to use anything other than the sword iirc.

dennren
09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
I suppose the obvious "sword" escapes me. Excellent.

vegeta1215
09-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Use your sword to slash down the trees (like you can in Link's Awakening on Nintendo Gameboy)