PDA

View Full Version : Battalion Wars

Cloral
09-24-2005, 01:05 AM
Anybody else get this one? I've been playing it and We <3 Katamari back and forth, and they're both quite fun. Haven't gotten too far yet, I just finished the mission where you get the flame vets. Those guys are fun; you can walk right up to a rifleman and burn him up. It is an interesting mix of action and strategy - strategy is definately more imortant (don't walk up to a tank with a rifleman and expect to have any success), but it does have a pretty good action feel to it.

vegeta1215
09-24-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm thinking about trying it out. I'm a big fan of the original Advance Wars, and even though I know Battalion Wars has branched off into it's own thing, it still looks like fun. A lot of game sites given the game good reviews.

Grasshopper
09-24-2005, 10:53 AM
I didn't like the looks of it back when it was called Advance Wars: Under Siege. Plus I was quite worried it wouldn't turn out that great since its not developed by Intelligent Systems. But even though a few reviews here and there have given it sup par ratings, it doesn't look that bad anymore. Game Informer gave it a 55% which has killed its percentage (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920697.asp). But what is a review, but someones own opinion. I'm looking at checking it out soon to see how well it is. It looks like it might be fun.

Cloral
09-30-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm starting to have second thoughts about this game... it often feels like there is no good way to get your troops to do what you want them to do when the crowd gets bigger. I'm stuck on Fort Omaha (gee I wonder what that's a reference to?), does anybody know of some tips for getting the army to do what I want?