PDA

View Full Version : ZConfig

Sephiroth
09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Here's a suggestion I think would make the editor/player more user friendly when it comes to configuring it. I'm saying that after the automated installer finishes with installing, it would launch ZConfig and create a ag.cfg file with configurations based on your input. Let's say you want ZQuest to be windowed, scaled 2. There would be options in ZConfig to make that happen. Doing this would hopefully remove the work of having to mess with command-line flags. Also things like GUI color and stuff could be set using this. :)

ShadowTiger
09-23-2005, 01:59 PM
That would actually be a very good feature. o_o Not only because of the ability to configure ZQuest and ZC to how we'd like, but it would be a wonderful opportunity to set ALL of ZC's configurations, including the ZC player controls, such as A and B, Left, right, map, start, directionals, etc!

But! The possibilities continue! We could make some sort of "Setup Wizard" which would grant a "guided" mode, where you could extravenously set up your first quest, as it guides you how to do so via a visual tutorial within that intro setup menu. Oh man, this could eliminate that "How do I play a custom quest" thing in the following way:

Once the new user has set up their ZC player controls, the Wizard could memorize what they have set the Sword (A) button to as a variable, and when the new user asks for help on how to play custom quests, it could spit back "Go to ZC's quest selection screen, register a new name, and right away, press <VARIABLE> twice slowly, and select the quest from the resulting Browse Menu."

Something like that. Great idea, huh? :p

bigjoe
09-24-2005, 01:47 AM
I'll be happy just to see agsetup work again. Or perhaps be updated as well.