PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Gems Collection

Superstrider
09-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I just got my hands on it, and so far... I've had a lot of fun already.

This Sonic Collection includes the never before release of Sonic the Fighters, as well as a copy of Sonic CD and Sonic R. Also, there are 6 Game Gear Games included. I still have to unlock everything, but right now... I'm just having fun with it.

BTW: If anyone else has it, can you tell me what the Secret games are? (I hope Knuckles Chaotix and SegaSonic are amoung them.)

vegeta1215
09-23-2005, 09:13 AM
I don't have it, but I think the only secret games are Vector Man and Vector Man 2, which are supposed to be pretty good. Not sure if they can top Ristar though. (Ristar was unlockable in the Mega Collection) That game is so cool.

I was thinking about getting the Sonig Gems Collection, but Sonic CD is the only game I want to play on it, and from the reviews I've read is the only game worth playing on it. :shrug:

Darth Marsden
09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I've pre-ordered it, and come the end of the month I should have it. I'll let you know what I think of it then. Hope the menus are better then Mega Collection, they were just weird.

Not sure what's unlockable Europe-wise, but in the US version it's just the two Vectorman games. The Japan version has the Streets of Rage trilogy, but they got replaced because Sega wanted a Teen rating in the States, or so the story goes. Irritating, isn't it?

Orion
09-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I was going to get this game, but decided against it when I heard Streets of Rage was dropped.

zoraking
09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm still awaiting my parents to hold their end of the agreement for Mega Collection.

EDIT: I just picked up Mega Collection Plus at GameStop. Appearntly, it comes with the GameGear games.

Gerudo
09-23-2005, 06:38 PM
ive had Gems for a while now (got it on release day). fun stuff, although the only game i play is Sonic CD. oh well...

my collection of classic sonic games is very-near complete though :D

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Sonic CD rules. I have the PC version, but I don't have a 95 and the patch doesn't fix the music :( and the soundtrack rules. Guess I'll have to get Gems...

Darth Marsden
09-24-2005, 06:41 AM
zoraking : It does, because you PS2 and X-Box owners didn't get Sonic Adventure DX, which had them as well. You got the longer end of the stick with that one, DX was terrible. But at least we got the much better Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Ha!

Gerudo: Try getting hold of Sonic Jam. And have fun... :sly:

ZomfgIts0rzlolo (Man your name is hard to spell) : It's just as well. The American soundtrack isn't a patch on the Japanese. Sadly, I don't think you get the Jap s/t on the American or European version of Gems. Grr! Incidentally, do you know how to get the PC version working on WinXP? I've been trying for ages with no success.

I really am a fountain of knowledge, aren't I.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-24-2005, 12:33 PM
http://s-o.privat.t-online.de/soniccdfix.html That's the patch I used, it worked fine. If the setup isn't working you can just copy paste the Game files on the cd.

BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE MUSIC ;_;

Darth Marsden
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Download the (Japanese) soundtrack if it means that much to you. But thanks, I've been looking for a page like that. Guess even I don't know everything.

Superstrider
09-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah... It would be best for you to download the soundtrack. However... The one thing that puzzles me is... How come it doesn't work properly on your computer if it was made for Windows 95? I mean... Windows has Upgraded a lot since then, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Darth Marsden
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM
All I can say to that Supes is to follow the link and read the readme. It gives a nice explanation as to why some Win95 games suck ass on XP.

Lilith
09-28-2005, 08:14 PM
On the Sonic CD version you can skip over the first track and listen to the music manually on a regular CD player. Maybe you could record it to something else and listen as you play, although it won't have stage-change/power up music or anything.

ralf smith
10-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Wont such a disk damage my player?

[email protected]

[email protected]

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
10-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think so, and you can use it on iTunes or WMP or something if you're worried.

Lilith
10-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Nope it's fine.