PDA

View Full Version : Favourite GTA Game

Darth Marsden
09-22-2005, 04:36 PM
This has been bugging me for a while. I've been playing San Andreas for a while now and, for some reason, I just didn't think it was as fun as Vice City. It bothered me for a while until I played VC again and realised WHY.

Rockstar changed a lot in San Andreas, and I don't just mean the stats.They changed the walking, the driving, the flying (ugh, don't remind me about the flying), the weapons... they threw in a muscle/fat system, they let you swim underwater, they let you climb walls and they even threw in a 'stealth' system.

And I don't like any of it. (Well, except for the swimming, that was long overdue, but the rest is another story). Vice City got the atmosphere perfect. You could cruise around for hours and have a blast. In San Andreas you can drive around for hours and get lost.

Anyway. That's my two cents. I think Vice City represents the moment Rockstar got everything right. So... which GTA game do you like best and why?

Daarkseid
09-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Vice City, but that's probably most likely due to the fact I have something of an infatuation with the 1980s. I just loved driving like a maniac in a stolen taxi to the Flock of Seagulls "And I ran", trying to get my current fare done is quickly as possibe.

deathbyhokie
09-22-2005, 06:24 PM
GTA2. it's so simplistic, and so much fun

vegeta1215
09-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I haven't really played any GTA games, but from your post Darth it sounds like they added too much to San Andreas - and that maybe many of the things they added are too complicated or unnecessary.

I'm in this situation with Legend of Mana right now. I like a lot of things about it, but some things like the forging/tempering system and golem/pet raising system are just overly complicated (or too boring) for me to put any time into messing with them. Secret of Mana was simple in many respects, and I liked that cause I could concenrate on having fun rather than trying to max out my character, etc. Expect my review of Legend of Mana when I finished it in the coming weeks.

bigjoe
09-23-2005, 04:45 AM
I just loved driving like a maniac in a stolen taxi to the Flock of Seagulls "And I ran", trying to get my current fare done is quickly as possibe. I loved listening to that song while evading police. But I never get to listen to the whole song because my car would explode. Maybe your way would be funner.

Anyway, I vote Vice City as well. I enjoyed it the most. Played it the most. Even though it was obscenely small compared to San Andreas, the feel of it was far superior. Maybe Ill enjoy the PSP game. When I can find it cheapass.

Orion
09-23-2005, 04:58 PM
GTA III. I just like the mood of that game for whatever reason. Vice City and San Andreas just seem kind of redundant after that.

Petoe
09-24-2005, 05:17 AM
Well, I think GTA: SA is the best GTA game ever made, but my favourite is definitely GTA: VC. I love the 80's feel and all the radio channels. That game is so damn funny and so much fun.

Darth Marsden
09-24-2005, 06:34 AM
GTA III. I just like the mood of that game for whatever reason. Vice City and San Andreas just seem kind of redundant after that.If you have it for the PC, try the GTA Liberty City mod that puts Liberty City in the Vice City engine. Best of both worlds, and you can now ride a motorbike through Portland or fly a chopper over Staunton Island. Wee!

Forgot to mention the radio stations. I tend to listen to about two Radio stations in San Andreas - KDST (The Dust) and the Custom MP3 one - because the presenters just annoy me. Another thing Vice City has above it's sequel.

Steezy20
09-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Originals are nearly always the best. The rest are just imitations and expansions. You can't beat hitting every Elvis in the row. The radio stations were also funnier.

Darth Marsden
09-25-2005, 01:58 PM
I haven't listened to the radio stations in the original for years. Must do that at some point.