PDA

View Full Version : Conventions

Solaris_Omega
09-22-2005, 10:53 AM
I am going to Anime Weekend Atlanta this weekend, and I hope to go to the next Comic-Con. This will be my second time going to AWA and I was curious if anyone else has ever gone to a con before(excluding AGN-cons). What was your experience like?

Darth Marsden
09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
I've been to a bunch of Sci-Fi conventions. Basically they're a bunch of stalls selling comics, books and other stuff to do with sci-fi, along with a bunch of stars from shows signing autographs. The last one I went to had Michelle Whatshername from Buffy (She who played Dawn) and the queue for her was enormous.

I never actually queued for them (something I regret. I was at one a few years back and the guy who plays Lister from Red Dwarf was there. This was right after he was cleared of that child abuse case, and the queue for him was non-existant. I still wish I'd had him autograph on of the Red Dwarf cards I'd just bought, it'd be worth a fortune now), but I have had some interesting experiences. I've bought the same Simpsons card set twice and (this is the kicker) the same Doctor Who card set three times, due to different covers on each pack. Oh, the fun.