PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rita

MagmaLord
09-21-2005, 11:46 PM
First, I would like to give a shoutout to all my homies and homesses from my old days on these forums. And secondly, I would like to comment that I live in southwest LA, which is near where Rita should be hitting land in a couple of days. And this is happening just weeks after Louisiana was slammed by Katrina. In short I would just ask for everyone to please :saint: pray :saint: for everyone that will be impacted by Rita, and everyone that has been impacted by Katrina.

Toolie
09-22-2005, 12:00 AM
New Orleans down, Houston's at bat. If only we could get Tallahasee and Corpus Christi on deck we might just start to see enviornmental treaties signed and research into hydrogen.

MacWeirdo42
09-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Oh jeez, I hope it goes north of Corpus, I really do. My family lives in south Texas, and even though we're a couple of hours inland, it still concerns me. All I can say is I'm really starting to get worried about this whole global warming business.

Starkist
09-22-2005, 12:22 AM
This is the most hurricanes since 1930. Does that mean global warming peaked in 1930? Or does it mean that global warming is not causing hurricanes?

Yes, we should sign treaties that totally destroy our industry and infrastructure so that developing countries can, well, develop more.

The last two presidential administrations have both committed money toward hydrogen powered vehicle research. The real obstacle is the oil and auto industries who stand to lose from alternative energy.

Lovely Rita, hurricane, nothing will come between us, when it gets dark you blow my house away...

Seriously though, I hope people get out of the way and stay safe.

DarkDragon
09-22-2005, 03:55 AM
Houston is not "at bat." We are fifty miles inland, above sea level, and have effective drainage via our bayous. At worst, our power will go out for a few hours and some basements will flood. Nobody would have batted an eyelash had Katrina not stirred people up into a paranoic frenzy.

Not that I'm really complaining, as I get two days off class on account of the storm. I plan to sit and watch from my front porch, drinking beer and blasting "Rock You Like a Hurricane."

Dart Zaidyer
09-22-2005, 05:50 AM
You know, I can't help but think Zordon is out there somewhere trying to figure out how he's going to find someone to stop this thing.

moocow
09-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Houston is not "at bat." We are fifty miles inland, above sea level, and have effective drainage via our bayous. At worst, our power will go out for a few hours and some basements will flood. Nobody would have batted an eyelash had Katrina not stirred people up into a paranoic frenzy.

Not that I'm really complaining, as I get two days off class on account of the storm. I plan to sit and watch from my front porch, drinking beer and blasting "Rock You Like a Hurricane."

But! The news said ti was going to hit Houston! Surely they must be right! It's the NEWS! *blinks* I'm kidding.

That's a cool song, btw.

You know, everytime I hear 'Rita', I think of Rita Repulsa and the Power Rangers....

Glitch
09-22-2005, 10:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/rita.jpg

Submitting that to Entensity.net hopefully they put it up too :D

me2
09-22-2005, 12:24 PM
It's gone more up north, so it seems like it'll be a problem for Louisiana again. We're boarding our windows up today just incase though.

It seemed bad at first, not too much now.

SixTen
09-22-2005, 01:19 PM
And the clouds opened up and God said: "I hate you Louisiana!"

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Glitch, that picture is a masterpiece. I can't stop laughing,

Jigglysaint
09-22-2005, 06:54 PM
You would think that after Katrina, they would rename Hurrican Rita to Hurricane FEMA. After all, those guys were allready pretty much a disaster waiting to happen!

Toolie
09-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Ah ha ha! Your entertaining and witty political humor has me tickled pink with delight!

Breaker
09-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Are you quoting yourself in your sig, Magma?...

Some Kinda Hate
09-23-2005, 01:21 AM
I have a lot of family that just happens to live right in Ritas path.

AtmaWeapon
09-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Houston is not "at bat." We are fifty miles inland, above sea level, and have effective drainage via our bayous. At worst, our power will go out for a few hours and some basements will flood.No you are still at bat; there is a big fat pitch out in the Gulf and you have to do something about it.

I'd say the proper retort would have been to claim you have a better batting average than New Orleans.

Also hehehehe (http://godtohurricane.ytmnd.com/)

bigjoe
09-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Are you quoting yourself in your sig, Magma?...
At least he isnt quoting me...

I live in Lafayette. We're getting some wind here. I left the window open. Its quite relaxing.

DarkDragon
09-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Ok, the forecast for tonight is up to ONE INCH of rain. Chance of rain tomorrow is 40%. :rolleyes:

This is the most disappointingly anticlimactic unfounded mass hysteria since Y2K.

bigjoe
09-25-2005, 01:04 AM
The worst we had was a power outage, but that wasnt a bother because of the generator. I slept through most of the hurricane. Had to clean up the neighbors yard because cans flew out of the recycling bin. Not much else. It was pretty bad at the coastline, they say. Of course, it usually always is.

I think Katrina made people overestimate this one.

Dart Zaidyer
09-25-2005, 07:38 PM
What we need now is a pic with Rita getting a headache from her latest failure.

Heheh.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-25-2005, 08:34 PM
I second.

DsS Game
09-28-2005, 05:17 AM
What we need now is a pic with Rita getting a headache from her latest failure.

Heheh.

Hahaha yeah. I was just thinking that xD

MagmaLord
10-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Well my folks finally got cable back, so I just wanted to let everyone know that my house and my parents' house didn't get hit too bad, we just lost some shingles, a few trees and most of my parents' fence. But all in all we we're "protected" from the worst of it.

Master Ghaleon
10-24-2005, 11:41 PM
http://godunfinishedrita.ytmnd.com/

I like the one glitch made