PDA

View Full Version : Worst Fears

Brasel
09-20-2005, 06:48 AM
So, just for conversation sake, what are your worst fears?

Mine would have to be the death of someone very close to me. I don't know what I would do if my wife, mom, dad, brother, or sister died unexpectedly. I'd be consumed alive with grief, I think.

Yeah, that and tornados. Not like tornado warnings or whatever, but if I actually saw a tornado coming right for my house, I'd probably piss my pants...not literally of course.

Daarkseid
09-20-2005, 07:15 AM
I dunno, doctor's appointments? Even if theres no real indication of anything being horribly wrong, I still hate going through the same process of remembering all my medications(of which I'm on several), telling the doctor whether I've taken them, and then the tests to see my health condition.

Doesn't sound so bad really, I just really dread the whole thing, that something goes wrong. This makes scheduling appointments difficult, and in nearly all cases, I miss my follow up appointments.

Glitch
09-20-2005, 08:11 AM
A 20 foot tall Chicken. It wouldn't really be the chicken itself that scared me, it would be the gazillion black people chasing after it with deep fryers.

MacWeirdo42
09-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Let's see... Certainly I'll have to agree with the death of someone very close to me... That's just one of those things that I don't think anyone can ever truly be prepared for.

Aside from that, there's grey aliens... You know, with the big black eyes? Scare the living daylights outta me. If I woke up to one in my bedroom, I would just... I dunno... Be completely overwhelmed with panic. They're just so darned creepy.

moocow
09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Losing Bladen. My family dying. Dying alone. Going crazy. Cliff Ingram. Spiders. Seeing Glitch naked. Clowns.

ShadowTiger
09-20-2005, 09:15 AM
There's not all that much that I actually fear, to tell you the truth. The majority of them are simply the obviously false paranoid delusions, such as gravity reversing and "falling" up into the stratosphere, or this fear where I think everyone's out to get me, but act all nice and such, and constantly deny justice, logic, and common sense, under a guise of not knowing that they're doing so, or saying they are, and acting in groups to become immune to me cornering them about it or something like that. Those only arrise from thinking too much though. (Hey, gotta do something when you're stuck on the bus for three hours a day. :sweat: )

Yeah, I have this deep fear that logic will fail, and/or that people will gather against me and insist on falsehood "A" being true, where it's clearly and obviously not. It's just all too possible nowadays. I also take adversely to various jests pertaining to that, so don't even try.

I DON'T fear heights. They simply excite me. I'm not afraid of falling, I'm just afraid of hurting myself on the landing. I'm more than willing to do something "stupid" when it comes to heights, only to test personal extremes, so long as there's a strong chance I'll walk away unharmed from the experience.

I also have a small fear of insects, but only the more harmful ones. One ant won't scare me, but a swarm will concern me. Bees and wasps also concern me.

theplustwo
09-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Probably the knowledge that everyone I know some day will die.

Darth Marsden
09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Heights, but not in the conventional sense. Only when there's little to stop me from falling down, say a sheet of glass or a very basic barrier. I find it hard to be near the edge in situations like that. If I know there's safety measures and stuff, then I'm okay, but it's only if there's practically nothing between me and a LONG fall that gets to me.

Oh - and speaking in public. That REALLY terrifies me. Takes a lot for me to stand up and speak in front of a bunch of people. But I suspect I'm not the only one with that problem, right?

carrot red
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM
The death of loved ones.

Bugs are pet peeves, I hate bugs, but it's not something I consider a fear.

Breaker
09-20-2005, 01:21 PM
The death of loved ones.

My worst fear is that they'll never die.

carrot red
09-20-2005, 01:28 PM
My worst fear is that they'll never die.
You must love your parents a lot.

Kyle
09-20-2005, 03:07 PM
A 20 foot tall Chicken. It wouldn't really be the chicken itself that scared me, it would be the gazillion black people chasing after it with deep fryers.

OMG. I would have never gotten that if I hadn't moved to texas a year ago. so LMAO.

Toolie
09-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Meeting one of you on the street.

Kyle
09-20-2005, 03:11 PM
You know in the movie What About Bob? When the kid and Bob are in bed and they're talking about death...and the kid is like...."I am going to die. you are going to die. Someday...we are all going to die."

I do that sometimes. But who doesn't.

MacWeirdo42
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM

Damn, I'd be chasing after them. Deep fried 20-foot-tall-chicken sounds really good right about now. Especially since I somehow ended up missing lunch.

VT_Hokie_Fan
09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Worst Fear?

One word-Bjork.

Zero Wing
09-20-2005, 04:43 PM

lmao

the death of freedom in this country

me2
09-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Lightning. It freaks me out :(

Also heights.

Machiavelli
09-20-2005, 05:54 PM
I am afraid of getting hit by a car. And getting HIV. Nothing else really. I'm fine with heights. And people die... it happens. I wouldn't want some people to die but it's not a fear. I don't like bugs either, but not in the way that it counts as a real fear. I hate public speaking too but once I've already started talking, I own the crowd.

I'm not afraid of falling, I'm just afraid of hurting myself on the landing.
Thats pretty much what I tell my friends. "It's not falling, it's the landing". Everybody must've heard me say that last year... some of the seniors used to just pick me up like it was all fun and games. :mad: . I hate being picked up, but It's also not a real fear.

Rijuhn
09-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Some of my basic human fears, ie. things that scare my body are heights, spiders, HIV, pain, dying suddenly without saying goodbye.

Mental ones are, feeling singled out in a crowd, feeling anxiety or fearing that I'm going to have anxiety is the worst (I'm currently stuck in this loophole), and finding out that everything I ever believed in and fought for was a lie and my life amounted to nothing, and never finding a truly good wife.

Great Warrior
09-21-2005, 03:15 AM
becoming a drug addict, wasting my life, having my penis cut.

AlexMax
09-21-2005, 06:01 AM
I hate certain types of elevators.

Flying too, especailly in turbulance. Man, FUCK turbulance.

fatcatfan
09-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I don't fear dying, only that no one will mourn my death.

Archibaldo
09-21-2005, 07:19 PM
My greatest fear is having to take a class with my grade 10 math teacher all over again. One time I got a zero on a test and he started yelling at me and calling me stupid. That and since he's chinese, I'm afraid that he'll get mad if I ask him a question about the lesson and he'll pull out a samurai sword or something and hack me to bits.

Breaker
09-22-2005, 07:47 AM
You must love your parents a lot.

I never really got to know them as parents. :shrug:

carrot red
09-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I never really got to know them as parents. :shrug:
I didn't know.

Then you were talking about *my* loved ones. It's one thing not to like your kin, but it's another to wish *mine* ill. Leave them out of it. *Shrug*

Breaker
09-23-2005, 12:48 AM
I didn't know.

Then you were talking about *my* loved ones. It's one thing not to like your kin, but it's another to wish *mine* ill. Leave them out of it. *Shrug*

Um... no, I was talking about mine. You're one confused carrot.

Some Kinda Hate
09-23-2005, 01:20 AM
My biggest fears are water and being alone.
One of them I've learned to how to deal with (sorta)
The other I can't remember how, but I have a terrible feeling I'll have to learn soon.

carrot red
09-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Um... no, I was talking about mine. You're one confused carrot.
Right, whatever you say. I could go on about why I would have a very clear vision and could in no way be one confused carrot, but it’s ok. Let’s drop it.

Breaker
09-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Right, whatever you say. I could go on about why I would have a very clear vision and could in no way be one confused carrot, but it’s ok. Let’s drop it.

Paranoid & Confused. :rolleyes: Between both of my "parents", they were alcoholics and drug addicts who probably wish they were dead too. Of course if it's more fun to believe I was somehow subliminally attacking joo, that's cool.

Glitch
09-23-2005, 12:21 PM

This coming from the guy who openly invited people to come find you at college to hangout....

Toolie
09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
And none of you fucks did. But I'm glad. I subtly only wanted an Ohio gang member such as yourself to show up, but with my luck, it might have been Jigglysaint. Or Jennifer. Yuck.

Breaker
09-23-2005, 01:35 PM
but with my luck, it might have been Jigglysaint. Or Jennifer. Yuck.

Unfortunately they're no longer the weirdest/scariest members on AGN. You've missed a lot.

Glitch
09-23-2005, 01:53 PM
And none of you fucks did. But I'm glad. I subtly only wanted an Ohio gang member such as yourself to show up, but with my luck, it might have been Jigglysaint. Or Jennifer. Yuck.

Warlord and I actually had plans of coming to see you, we had you tracked down to which dorm you were in and everything. Then WL had his car accident and money became tight. Woulda been fun times.

Toolie
09-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately they're no longer the weirdest/scariest members on AGN. You've missed a lot.

Oh no.

moocow
09-23-2005, 03:07 PM

I'm the newest and scariest member here. Fo' rizzal.

Jemsee
09-28-2005, 01:51 AM
"I'm not scared of dyin'
And I don't really care
If it's peace you find in dyin'
Well then let the time be near
Just bundle up my coffin
'Cause its cold way down there
And when I die
And when I'm gone
There'll be one child born
And a world to carry on"

Blood, Sweat & Tears

That I would outlive my children.

Darth Marsden
09-28-2005, 05:05 AM
I think the rule is that your children are supposed to outlive you. That's certainly how I feel.

"You're not supposed to bury your children, they're supposed to bury you." - from one of Good Charlotte's music videos, where relatives of suicide victims talk about their loss.

Aegix Drakan
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
worst fears... :think: :odd: :scared:

I think my worst fear would be that my dark side (I know for a fact that everyone has one [example: one of my friends is really power hungry]) would break out from me, take me over and kill everybody I know. Granted, that's not likely to happen, but still the possibility freaks me out! (hence the comment in my signature: "if only fighting the darkness was as easy as killing a few heartless") :scared:

Jemsee
09-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I.

"You're not supposed to bury your children, they're supposed to bury you." Good Charlotte's .

Right.
And therefor that would be my fear, that I should outlive them.

Darth Marsden
09-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Ah, I see. My bad.

(BTW, my quote is a little messed up. Might wanna tidy it up a tad.)

Lilith
09-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Some of my worst fears include puking, bees, centipedes, driving, losing people close to me, (to an extent) large bodies of water like the ocean, and becoming very old and decrepit with no way to die.

PolygonX8
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Heights, water at a level far above my own height, and suffocation.

ShadowTiger
09-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Some of my worst fears include puking, bees, centipedes, driving, losing people close to me, (to an extent) large bodies of water like the ocean, and becoming very old and decrepit with no way to die.I share most of those as well. I despise throwing up. I don't know how bullemics can stand it. :shrug: ... That clip from Family Guy where they all took ipecak(sp?) comes to mind ... oh, god, .. the horror ...

I don't fear driving while I do it, for the most part, but I dislike it to a great degree. I don't have fear in my own abilities, but you just can't predict the actions of all of the other drivers. God, ... the roads can be scary sometimes.

Suffocation and drowning are easily at the top of my list. That's a painful and uncomfortable way to go right there...

Master Ghaleon
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I think one of my worse fears is when I get older and cant do the things that I could once do so good at. Like football, I love to play the game but when I get 50 am I still gonna want to go out there and plant someone into the ground? Will my body be able to withstand a trainwreck when I mow him over?

Lutraphobiac
09-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I have come to believe that I have a fear of failure. So much so that I fail contantly... Confusing?

It seems that with a lot of projects for school and such, I seem to subconciously sabatage my ability to successfully complete the project and then use excuses to rationalize that failure. I am fully concious of this, but it is so hard to get rid of....

Other than that I think I have the standard package set that every human seems to come with.

Lilith
09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I share most of those as well. I despite throwing up. I don't know how bullemics can stand it. :shrug: ... That clip from Family Guy where they all took ipecak(sp?) comes to mind ... oh, god, .. the horror ...

Heh, yeah, I was watching that directly after having an hour long panic attack over puking.

I have come to believe that I have a fear of failure. So much so that I fail contantly... Confusing?

It seems that with a lot of projects for school and such, I seem to subconciously sabatage my ability to successfully complete the project and then use excuses to rationalize that failure. I am fully concious of this, but it is so hard to get rid of....

Other than that I think I have the standard package set that every human seems to come with.

I do the exact same thing. :/

Jemsee
09-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Some of my worst fears include... ... and becoming very old and decrepit with no way to die.

I can relate to that.
Being trapped in your own body, that's got to be some kind of hell I hope I never experience.

MottZilla
10-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Fears, uh... I dunno. I don't know why anyone would fear going crazy, if you go crazy, chances are you've stopped fearing anything right. Now things like the ocean, that makes sense. The water is something to fear or atleast be cautious around. As far as becoming old and no way to die, unless you're kept alive by machines or paralyzed it's very unlikely you'll have no options to get to your demise faster. And ultimately you'll die reguardless of any machines.

Breaker
10-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Fears, uh... I dunno. I don't know why anyone would fear going crazy, if you go crazy, chances are you've stopped fearing anything right.

no.

JayeM
10-01-2005, 02:36 PM
The problem with going crazy and killing people, especially people you love, is that you don't stay crazy. You have to live with what you've done the rest of your life. It's one of my worst fears too.