PDA

View Full Version : Mastering the Power Glove.

King Aquamentus
09-19-2005, 11:49 PM
In case you didn't notice in my signature, I have a power glove. Unfortunately, I find it next to impossible to use. Some people say it's a crappy controller, but I still have hope that it's just a really confusing controller, not a piece of crap. There must be someone out there who knows how to use one of these hard-to-find NES controllers.

so, if you or anyone you know has figured this glove out, please let me know. Any useful suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Heck, even the news that someone knows how to use a power glove would fill me with much more hope and faith in the power glove.

vegeta1215
09-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Ask this guy: http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0795/wiz-pg.wmv

Original inspiration for the Revolution controller? I think so :D

SixTen
09-20-2005, 12:15 AM
I love the power glove... it's so bad. Now lets have sex.

(Oh he didn't say it but you can tell he wanted some!!)

VT_Hokie_Fan
09-20-2005, 04:49 PM
the power glove looks very stupid. I didn't have a NES though. Can any one of you explain to me what games it is used for and why its a "crap controller", to quote Old Skool.
edit-#500

King Aquamentus
09-20-2005, 11:21 PM
the power glove looks very stupid. I didn't have a NES though. Can any one of you explain to me what games it is used for and why its a "crap controller", to quote Old Skool.
edit-#500

It always seemed to be impossible to use. What it said in the instructions did not seem to work. Seriously, a standard NES controller would be easier. But the power glove is very cool nonetheless, and it seems as though some have been able to work with it... but who?

Warlock
09-21-2005, 02:08 PM
The Power Glove was stupid. R.O.B. was cool as hell though. I would have gotten Gyromite but a friend already had the thing (and I was like 10.. I couldn't fully appreciate the coolness of R.O.B.).

P.S. - thanks for the X-Entertainment link.. I have not been to that site in like a year (I just sort of forgot about it). I love that site. For example, the article on Garfield food products (http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0937/) which features several pure-black pieces of gummy candy (because it's friggin' 20 years old!) that the guy actually *ate*. I also enjoyed the reference to how kids "held anything blue and edible in some kind of strange, deity-level regard" which I remember to be very very true. Quite frankly, no one made blue candy. It just wasn't done. Blue candy was so rare that if you found it, you had to have it. In fact I even recall a bunch of Super Mario fruit snacks that had a contest where if you found a super-rare blue Princess Toadstool fruitsnack (and I think there was like *one* made) you'd send it in for like money or Nintendo games or something.

King Aquamentus
09-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Look, that's all really nice, but it's not what I mean. I need help using it, and quite frankly, No one has been able to offer any.

AtmaWeapon
09-22-2005, 12:07 AM
There was once a giant Power Glove FAQ on gamefaqs but it seems to have disappeared. That's a shame because it included the codes for each game that supported the PG and described how the controls worked.

All I've been able to find so far is that the glove was difficult to use because the knuckles had to be lined up with the ultrasonic sensors, but that is all I have so far.

King Aquamentus
09-22-2005, 12:11 AM
There was once a giant Power Glove FAQ on gamefaqs but it seems to have disappeared. That's a shame because it included the codes for each game that supported the PG and described how the controls worked.

All I've been able to find so far is that the glove was difficult to use because the knuckles had to be lined up with the ultrasonic sensors, but that is all I have so far.

Thank you. The last paragraph especially helps me. It means more than you would think. If anyone else can help, please do so.

AtmaWeapon
09-22-2005, 12:30 AM
How about this? http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/power_glove.shtml

I'm assuming you don't have the instruction manual laying around so it might help, too.

King Aquamentus
09-22-2005, 02:58 PM
How about this? http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/power_glove.shtml

I'm assuming you don't have the instruction manual laying around so it might help, too.

Yeah, I've seen that before, and it's my main reference, but thanks anyway. I find that driving mode is easiest to use (yet still difficult). I tried boxing mode on Punch-out!!!, it's say it's second easiest. the rest are just frustrating.