PDA

View Full Version : Is the deathknight meant as a joke?

Mr. Kibbles
09-19-2005, 06:16 PM
i was messing around with the editor, and put a deathknight into my game, and when i got hit by it, it took of like 16 or more hearts(no ring) it cant be hurt from the front, and its pretty fast.
not to mention how many hits it would take to kill from anything other then the master sword.

so like the title said, is the deathknight supposed to be a joke?

ZeldaLord
09-19-2005, 07:05 PM
No, it's supposed to be a boss, for later in the game. Usually by that time you have almost all hearts, with the red/gold ring.

Of course, sometimes people find it funny to put them (and octoroks on crack) in random places or early in the game (I'd advise against doing this though). ;)

*b*
09-19-2005, 07:49 PM
actually, Deathknight and Octorok on Crack are both joke enemies, from what I remember. it was either DN or PM that added them, just to see how they would go over with the public. you COULD use them as bosses, but the Deathknight would be a pain even with all equipment and hearts

I could be wrong about them being joke enemies, though. maybe DN could shed some light on this

Mr. Kibbles
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
hmm, 2 things, 1: "on-crack" octoroks are affected by the boomerang, so they arntthat hard.

2: im pretty sure it would be easier to beat ganon with the wooden sword then to beat a deathknight.

Freedom
09-19-2005, 08:59 PM
super bombs are pretty effective on Death Knights.

Dark Nation
09-19-2005, 09:51 PM
No, not a joke. It was my first experiment into new enemies. I decided to take a hard enemy and make it even harder, just to see if I could.

ShadowTiger
09-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Try "going crazy" with the hookshot as well. Remember, you're invulnerable as it's outstretched, and -HOPEFULLY-, it'll hit the Deathknight on its return trip, which will stun it.

Once it's stunned, ... it's yours.

Kingboo30
09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
I actually find the fire boomerang to work pretty damn well on them. It makes them easier then Ganon. But more than 1? Which really helps alot in Demo EX. (First appears as a boss in level 4, then sometimes appears in level 5 and in extra. Including the 3 in 1 room.)

Cloral
09-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I utalize the fact that the hammer can hit enemies on the row above Link. I get the Death Knight to charge at me horizontally, then I move one row down and time my hammer swing to smack him back. Rince and repeat.

Mr. Kibbles
09-20-2005, 08:27 PM
yeah, it was an uber help when i figured out the hammer could hurt darknuts head on

Zelda_Warrior
09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Octorocks on Crack are easy, If you have the Mirror Shield (Or 2nd level shield.) If you reflect their beams it kills them in 1 or 2 hits.

Deathnuts are pretty hard too, but with the Fire Boomerang, Hookshot, Hammer, and Gold Rings, they can be beaten easier than Gannon could.

Nidoking
09-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I HATE rooms full of Darknuts, and Death Knights are my worst nightmare!
While we're on the subject, are Super Darknuts any different besides health/damage?

Cloral
09-22-2005, 02:02 PM
They are blue darknuts that have have more health, do more damage, and run faster. Also when you kill one it splits into 2 blue darknuts - but after dealing with the super darknut, the 2 blue darknuts seem like a breeze.

DarkFlameWolf
09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
That and the blue darknuts usually drop hearts and/or fairies that will refill any health you may have lost to the super darknut. So....easy.