PDA

View Full Version : My own, personal fireworks show...

Brasel
09-19-2005, 08:22 AM
So another fun update:

If any of you have been watching the news recently, you'd know that Baghdad was rocked with a lot of car bombs recently. Well, fortunately, there were very very few American casualties. I really don't know all the story behind them, as I really don't have a good source of news right now (that and noone tells lower enlisted shit) but I witnessed most of them. You see, I'm on radio retrans again, where I get to stay on the tallest hill in Baghdad for a radio relay blah blah blah (I don't feel like explaining what that is). Well, I started hearing explosions over and over, and I didn't think much of it. Then I was walking outside to take a piss, as one does, and saw a lot of big ass explosions. It would have been much cooler if I wasn't in the situation I'm in. Yeah.

You also tend to get a bit of cabin fever when you're out of country for a long ass time and have noone to really talk to but the same people you've been talking to for the past eight months. Conversation gets boring and then you just start acting really fucking weird...Yeah, so any weird as "antics" you might have seen the past couple weeks in chat, well...I blame cabin fever.

In other news, not much. I should be getting promoted here in a couple of days and I'm pretty stoked about that. We're having problems finding apartments in the Hinesville, Georgia area for when I get back to the states. All the rental places online have the same three or four places, and I really don't know enough about them to want to send my wife down to sign a lease yet. Aparently lots of stuff has been happening back home, some of which are a bit personnal, so I won't share here...but it sucks cause I know that I could at least be there to carry some burdens or talk things out or something if I weren't here. Ah well, things aren't falling apart, so I'm greatful for that.

All right, peace.

Darth Marsden
09-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear about your promotion, I'm almost certain you deserve it. On the other side of things, sorry to hear about your personal stuff. Hope that clears up.

I was on holiday when I heard about the bombs, and the only news channel we got was BBC Worldwide. Which is really, REALLY bad. So I learnt next to nothing, except that over 150 died. Bad BBC, Bad! No treat for you! It's horrible to think about it, and I'm glad you weren't involved, but still... 150... and they didn't have anything to do with the fighting. Most of them just wanted work. Man. People suck.

carrot red
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Where's your wife staying now?

I have to say I prefer our tradition style of fireworks. Stay safe, Tony. Oh, and I for one know for sure you deserve the promotion.

Brasel
09-20-2005, 06:02 AM
My wife has an apartment back home in Illinois. I really like the apartment too, I hadn't seen it until I came home on leave. Its really nice.

linkofzelda1
09-20-2005, 10:02 PM
That would have scared me pretty badly to witness something like that. 150 people... Wow. That's a lot.

And Darth Marsden, your blue font is VERY hard to read on my white background.

Daarkseid
09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
And Darth Marsden, your blue font is VERY hard to read on my white background.

That should've been written on a piece of stationary and forced up your ass.

Darth Marsden
09-21-2005, 05:52 AM
I've changed it again. It's a little darker now. Is this any better?

And to the person who neg-repped me over it... grow up.