PDA

View Full Version : Two hardy questions

fire dragon
09-19-2005, 07:45 AM
I have two questions:
1.Can I make custom weapons?

2.I want do ocean,and when Link goes it he "transform" to boat.Like
Golden Sun 2 or many other games,and when he lands,he transform to Link again.
I mean that you can sail like Wind Waker.And I mean transform,that you can navigate on sea,not like raft.It si possible?
Thanks.

ShadowTiger
09-19-2005, 09:08 AM
I have two questions:
1.Can I make custom weapons?

2.I want do ocean,and when Link goes it he "transform" to boat.Like
Golden Sun 2 or many other games,and when he lands,he transform to Link again.
I mean that you can sail like Wind Waker.And I mean transform,that you can navigate on sea,not like raft.It si possible?
Thanks.
1) No, not really. =/ Not until we get an item editor, and that's a -LOOONG- way off, so don't bother "suggesting" one. :p It's simply not going to happen. Not yet, anyway.

However, you -CAN- change the graphics of all of the weapons. Not the way they behave, but you CAN "simulate" an alternative weapon. For example, you could change the graphics of the hammer into a really, really large sword. :) That'd mean that you're slamming your sword into the ground. Cool, huh. A lot of things are possible like that.

2) Sorry, a bit complex. Generally not possible. On the raft item, Link will always appear on it. Actually, I do kinda wonder if Link would not show up but the raft will, on a screen where there's an "Invisible Link" screen flag. That'd be interesting to see. o_o' Maybe you could try that. :shrug: Make the dock on the edge of the screen so you won't get the chance to see Link on the boat.

DeFray
09-19-2005, 10:27 AM
To anyone who remembers me from about 6 months ago....
I'm baaaaaack!

BH4, that idea DOES work. So, fire dragon, you could use a boat animation for the raft item and then set Link to be invisible on the ocean screens so it just looked like a boat. This still doesn't allow for exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but if you put a whole lot of raft branches in your ocean, you can allow for near-freedom of movement.

The only other idea I can come up with, as far as the boat, would be to use Link Tile Mods in an advanced way. Put an item on the dock getting into the water that turns Link's animation into a boat, and one when getting out of the water that changes his animation back. This would have many drawbacks though, such as making it somewhat awkward to use the boat more than once, making it stupidly difficult to use Link Tile Mods anywhere else, and having a boat that could use items. Worst of all would be the occasional person who punched "save-and-quit" while in boat form, since that could screw with your Link animations to no end for the rest of the quest. I think there would be ways around all of this though... hmmm... it's an interesting idea... I think you could get it all to work... but it could get really awkward. I don't really think it would be worth it.

Zelda_Warrior
09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
If you put a lot of raft branches in teh screen I found out it makes problems sometimes.

Anyways, to make Link not appear on a raft, you could also hide Link on a layer so that Link isn't invisible on land by the dock or something so you could put hte layers only over the water.

fire dragon
09-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Your have great ideas,but I mean,is possible that Link transforms when he go water?I mean,that if water is actually blue ground,but when Link step on it,he turns boat.Is this possible?And if it is possible,how?Thanks.

DeFray
09-20-2005, 01:40 PM
No. It's not. :shrug:

ZeldaLord
09-20-2005, 06:45 PM
You could do it with the flippers, but then you have the slight problem of diving. And if you don't want a "boat" in dungeons, it's really not a good idea.

Zelda_Warrior
09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Just don't have a dive graphic and that'll patch it all up, if you don't have any 'dive' flags and the same graphic as when your swiming, you can't tell. Of course, while underwater there's soem things you can't do.

fire dragon
09-21-2005, 12:21 AM
You are genius!That flipper technicue is amazing!Because I can decide when player have boat.And I just edit flipper tile.And when you say problem with dungeons, I solve that problem.First,why water in dungeons?
Second,you use boat in Tower of the Gods on Wind Waker,what problem it is,because I want make my next game something like Wind Waker.But,thank you very much!

Zelda_Warrior
09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Hehe, thanks.

Also, I think you can make it even better or at least work better in dungeons if you go into Quest>Tiles>Link Tile Mods or whatever it is, and change the actual tiles, but I don't know what those do since it's a new feature brought to 1.83, but in 1.83 it was bugged so i never tried, and in 2.10 I never used it in case I don't ruin my quest...

Does anybody know what the Link Tile window part is for though? I'd like to know so I can see, but I tried it before and messed up my quest. I've heard that it dosen't do anything a lot though, but I just want to be sure.

fire dragon
09-22-2005, 07:41 AM
But what Link tile mods do?
Do you mean what kind Link is when he strikes,walks etc.?

DeFray
09-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Someone else asked about Link Tile Mods in the forum a couple days ago. Go look in that topic. ;)