PDA

View Full Version : Custom Enemies?

T0M511
09-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Is there a way to make custom enemies? I know I can edit their tiles but can I make them shoot stuff and have more animation frames? thanks.

G-Donor
09-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Go into the tiles and play with the enemy tiles. If your using new ememy tiles, scroll down to the big list of baddies.

Zelda_Warrior
09-18-2005, 02:55 PM
You can make it like a mini-custom boss, but that would be hard if it's not the only enemy on the screen.

I don't think you can.

EDIT: Hey, you posted the same time as me! Also, he said not the tiles, but the actual enemies.

T0M511
09-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Is there a way to make custom enemies? I know I can edit their tiles but can I make them shoot stuff and have more animation frames? thanks.
Thanks anyways guys.

G-Donor
09-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks z warroir

Aireal Albatros
09-22-2005, 06:31 PM

Maybe if you buy some Adobe products and maybe Flash you just may be able to make your own enemies.

jessethe2nd
09-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Actually it can be done but the enemies wont serve any more purpose than just causing damage, and it would take a couple straight days of work to get it right. If you want I can post an explanation of how to do so but it really is not worth it in my opinion.

T0M511
10-04-2005, 02:43 PM
If you could post it that would be greatly appreciated. The more I learn about the editor the better my games.

ZeldaLord
10-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Well, you make a combo with a tile of the enemy you want (plus animations and cycling, if necessary), and place it where you want it to be. Then either set its type to slash or slash-item (reccomended if you want it to drop items), or set up secret combos for it using the "sword" flag (not reccomended, but necessary if you want to trigger something once it's dead, or make it deal damage).
You can't make it move or anything (though I guess it'll shoot fire if you set its type to statue :shrug: ), and so it's generally reserved for the task of replicating the "flame" enemy (at least, that's what I usually do).
The best you can do is probably vary it a little with pound combos and different flags, use tired secrets to give it more HP, or make it a damage combo (though that can be hard to do withoutletting Link walk through it) but the overall effect remains the same.

EDIT: Actually, I think there might be a better way... Anyone care to suggest anything? :D

Tanza
10-05-2005, 01:55 AM
You can use direct warps and such, to make a tile warp (turn into) another tile thus making the animation. But i don't know the specifics or anything about patterns. But if you're really determined, start by making all the tiles that the enemy will cycle through. And then find out how to make it animate.

Or the easier way, is to change an Octorok into a "custom name" by editing the Octorok sprites. It will move and act as an Octorok would, but it will look differently and maybe shoot a different tile. There may even be ways to edit the damage, but then you're getting past my level of experience.

ZeldaLord
10-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah, you can make it like a custom boss, but that seems a little excessive for a normal enemy. ;)

DeFray
10-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Nope, no way of editing the damage dealt. Only way to do that is with damaging combos, and those are hard to use except when you're working with a stationary custom boss. You can't edit damage dealt by normal enemies.