PDA

View Full Version : need help with ZC

luvurkingjc
09-16-2005, 05:00 PM
hello, does anyone know why when starting ZC why link moves at a rapid pace? Link seems to move up or down without me controlling his movement he can go right with me controlling but not left. I checked to see if maybe there was a speed for adjustment but all i found was a VSYNC which made it faster and all he did was go up and down. Does anyone know anything about this. could it be the speed of my computer or the version that i downloaded?

ZeldaLord
09-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Have you set the controls up correctly? ;) (http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)

luvurkingjc
09-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Yes i did. i baisically set them the same on my keyboard. Left arrow for Left, Right arrow for Right. Up for up and Down for down., etc as follows for the a and b , and left and right keys.. Thanks for your reply

AtmaWeapon
09-17-2005, 02:54 PM
What version did you download and where did you download it from?

Also I'm going to transfer this to a ZC-specific forum in the hopes that the problem has been seen before there. I'm choosing ZC Discussion though if it is unique enough perhaps it could be moved to Bug Center.

luvurkingjc
09-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I downloaded 2.10 from Zelda Classic's homepage.

My fiance downloaded it from the download page from this website, and it works fine on his computer.

I uninstalled it from my computer thinking that the one on the download page was updated and reinstalled it. I still have the same problem. When i go into the game Link travels to the bottom of the game screen and faces the wall. when i try to conntrol him he guides himself towards the bottom of the screen. i can to to the upper part of the screen to transfer into another screen and also to the right into another screen but not to the left.

Could it be my computer?

ZeldaLord
09-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Have you got a gamepad plugged in? I dunno, but that might be interfering with it. :shrug:

luvurkingjc
09-17-2005, 07:18 PM
no, the only thing i might have would be a nascar steering wheel controller but thats about it. could it be my keyboard? it has all these extras.

ZeldaLord
09-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Unplug the streering wheel, that might be it.

luvurkingjc
09-17-2005, 07:35 PM
nope not it. should i disable the functions of the steering wheel?

Killshade
10-02-2005, 10:05 PM
It might be your keyboard. Some of the newer keyboards have all kinds of new functions. I would try to unplug your keyboard and use your fiance's to see if that is it. Also, try to unplug everything else on the USB if possible. It might be something weird interfering, though I doubt it.

It might be the steering wheel, as some game controllers emulate keypresses, though they don't usually suppress them.

The main idea is to use as vanilla a configuration as possible. Use your fiance's keyboard if possible, otherwise use a plain one from a friend or work if possible. Unplug everything else as much as possible and see if that works. If it does, then keep plugging stuff in, until it doesn't. Voila, deductive computer tech support! :)

Good luck.

BunnySMG
10-05-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's got to do with the Vsync option. Dissable it. (if it's enabled, that is) The game is supposed to play at 60 frames per second, but any modern PC will run much faster than that at the 320X240 resolution that the game runs, and Vsync will force it to run as fast as your monitor will allow.

Aegix Drakan
10-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Whoa whoa whoa! :odd: Luvurkingjc you hava FIANCE and you still play video games?!?

I'm impressed, no, seriously! I AM SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED! Anyone who still plays games at that stage in their life is a seriously hard-core gamer.

I salute you and all other hard-core gamers out there! :highfive:

BTW, +1 to your reputation! :)

LavaBall
10-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey im 15 and i still like Sonic as a favo game character and love its toons however(Sonic X rocks,Foxkids required but i have better stuff then that like i want the ORRIGINALL Doom 3 one day,But aint gonna happen :( but neva say never)

Aegix Drakan
10-06-2005, 02:13 PM
yeah i like sonic too, and I'm 17, but let's not get off topic, ok. we're supposed to be solving Luvurkingjc's technical problem.

[edit] seeing as no one has posted for a week, I assume she's already fixed the problem.